welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.

Finding Faith, Tag; Faith

Emilia Mercer

Tyr Vanth
Enhanced
Many years old
44 posts
Sep 14 2017, 09:56 PM
My dreams they aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be

There were few moments in the long stretch of time were the being known as Tyr Vanth found herself truly content, and most of those moments were spent with mother nature. A soft breeze filtered through the rustling leaves to caress her cheek like the phantom of a lover long lost. Though the breeze was quick to pass into memory, the peace it left her lingered in the form of a steady heart and a soft sigh. She was not a dragon, not in earnest, but not for the lack of effort on her creator's part. What had meant to be his draconic wife had become his undoing, but not before he imparted her with many attributes dragons shared. Longevity, durability, strength, and... bestial senses.

Emilia's ears twitched at the sounds that surrounded her, from the animals scurrying in the canopy to the pitter patter of a thousand shoes clattering against concrete. Engines growled in the distance, but that didn't compare to the smell. Carbon Dioxide mixed with the scent of a hundred animals singed her nose, and the scent of a hawk's recent kill did her no favors either. What had once been a peaceful little park had turned into something far less valuable. Perhaps she would have it bulldozed and replaced with a strip mall? That was the way America was going, after all. Why not kickstart the process.

Those bitter thoughts were cut short when the woman remembered just why she found herself in the loathsome little patch of green at that moment. The world had changed for the worse in recent years. Nathaniel and his unseen master were on the move, no doubt to eradicate the world of humanity as they had before, and what was hers needed protection before the man got his filthy paws on them. Sophia was protected at the mansion, however Faith and Lux were not. Quite the contrary, actually; it seemed only a short time ago someone had broken into her home. Had it not been for the work of that barbarian who knows what could have happened?

Unforgivable.

Times had become dangerous, it seemed, and as such she needed to be a presence in the lives she loved so deeply yet again. Ironic, considering the reason she left her family all those years ago was to protect them. Emilia's face turned into a wry grin at the thought of her father's deep baritone echoing within her skull, time makes fools of us all, little drakeling. That wry grin threatened to become a full bout of laughter before the woman pulled herself in. The goal wasn't to look like a crazy person. As much could be said as the woman wore the vintage white sundress that she adored so fiercely, and paired it with a matching wide brimmed hat and large purse.

Months ago she'd sent Faith a letter to explain herself. A sad smile crossed her lips as Emilia recalled the handwritten note. So few people retained the art of calligraphy in the world; Em was one such person. Each tasteful arch of her pen served to further complete the artistic construction of the letter's appearance. Beautiful wasn't often something that a person would attribute to a few words scrawled on paper, but that letter could only be described as such.

Faith Devareaux,

I hope this letter finds you in good health, and that you find the news it contains as happy. My name is Emilia Mercer, and I'm you're biological aunt. I've searched the system for you ever since your mother handed you off, to let you know that you were loved and fiercely missed. It wasn't until my daughter, Sophia Mercer, mentioned a little girl at Xavier's Mansion by the name of Lux Devareaux that I knew I'd found you, and you'd been right under my nose the entire time.

Rather than ramble on, as I often find myself doing, I would simply adore the chance to meet with you and hear of your life. This may be strange to read from a woman you've never met, but I do love you, Faith. I haven't stopped for thirty years. I hope to hear from you soon,

Sincerely,

Emilia Mercer

Sophia Mercer was a darling girl of sixteen, one that hadn't stopped speaking of Lux during their last visit. Apparently she and a Piotr had taken it upon themselves to spend thursday nights with the toddler, watching taped cartoons. The tradition had been an old one for Colossus and Lux, but a new one for Sophia. The girl spoke non stop of having children of her own one day, which brought a wide grin to the old woman's face. Sophia was special for more reasons than merely being hers, just as Faith and Lux were far more important to the world than they could possibly know.

A nervous expression overtook the heartless woman's face as time drew on, her knees pinned together and hands gently resting on the oversized purse. Would Faith show? Was she overdressed for such an occasion? Emilia had watched over her family for fifteen hundred years, yet kept them at arms length for every second of that time. Loneliness was one curse of immortality. A curse that could be lifted, if things went well today.

Luna || PM me if edits are necessary

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Sep 16 2017, 12:00 PM
O
ver the course of the last few days, there was a lot of soul searching Faith had been doing. But soul searching wasn't simple with a toddler constantly on her hip. But how could Faith really hold Lux accountable for her misfortune? Rather than attempt to complete what she wanted to during the day, Faith would put the babe to sleep and stay up long into the night. That yearning gaze would look to the moon every night for comfort, for answers... There were people in the world who wanted to end her and her kind, mutants. And Lux was presumable one of them. What could drive someone to so much hatred? And who was she to question these things as her hands had been bloodied in the face of hate.

And why the sudden soul searching? Her life was fine. Right? Her career had been prospering, she was getting along well with Khorun, Lux was flourishing, despite the trauma of the past few days... Most of all, her relationship with Robbie was progressing nicely, despite a rather rough road. He'd seen her at her weakest and still saw strength and beauty somehow. Her parents didn't raise her to be like this. That single thought one night only planted the seeds of doubt late into the night, the lunar rays of the moon acting like sunshine in letting them spawn into something greater. They weren't her parents at all. There was nothing genetic related to any of her parents nor her sisters. What good was soul searching if one couldn't even get to the beginning of how their life began.

The letter came not too long after, the envelope handed to her by one of the staff when she came by to visit Khorun and check on his progress and allow him much needed time with his little girl. Once she was on her own again, she opened up the letter and took a seat outside on the front step to look over the beautifully handwritten composition. "Wow, this is really something." It took several moments to get over the penmanship before her. Indeed the letter did deliver good news. A blood relative? It brought a great smile to her features as she finished the letter and looked up to the sky. Someone or some cosmic force had been looking out for her and her lonely nights suddenly had meaning.

How does one present themselves when going to meet a relative they've never met? It wasn't more than a week later from when she had received that letter that she was standing in front of the floor length mirror in heels, and her undergarments. The emerald cocktail dress... No. That was too date night themed with the bare shoulders. The black aline dress with lace detailing.... More for a funeral. She shifted garments in front of her, mentally trying them on while keeping an eye on Lux who was sitting on the bed behind her. The toddler watched her mother with wonder, making loud squealing sounds of excitement every time a new garment was brought into the pool of options.

A few hiccups and an hour later, Faith had unpacked the stroller out of the jeep and strapped in little Lux with her otter and penguin plushie keeping her company, teal sunglasses on her face. Strolling through the park, she came upon a set of benches, a pristine looking young woman perched upon the seat. White sundress, immaculate looking purse. It matched the description she was given. Approaching the woman with the stroller pushed ahead of her, Faith stood tall, loose red waves framing her perfectly powdered face, a sheer lipstick upon her lips highlighting her natural features. The blush pink dress she'd picked out was perfect for the occasion, a chat in the park on a beautiful day with a potential new friend. "I'm sorry to bother you, but are you Emelia?" She stood, uncertain of her decision to bother this stranger who looked much too young to be her aunt. The babe in the stroller giggled at the sight of the woman, making grabby hands at the accessories that adorned her.

Emilia Mercer

Tyr Vanth
Enhanced
Many years old
44 posts
Sep 18 2017, 11:55 AM

Another soft autumn breeze rustled through the leaves to caress her cheek; had it not carried the stench of civilization with it she may have even enjoyed it. Instead she continued to stew in her thoughts. Nervousness paired rather poorly with excitement and concern as she sat on that park bench, purse gently resting upon her lap and a pair of rings on her left hand. A keepsake from the man that held her heart, or so he (and the public) believed. A man that died years ago, after her daughter had been born.

Glittering azure tanzanite hung from her neck by a silvery cord; perhaps her favorite necklace and one that tended to pair well with many of her clothes. Other bits of jewelry had adorned the woman, from a vintage earring through each lobe and a bracelet here or there. Emilia may have worn the finest of materials, but she had never been one to drape herself with precious stones and metals. Such vanity was the purview of Emma Frost, not the daughter of a simple man who hunted the forests each day. Y ddraig Goch may have created her, fashioning himself both her first husband and father, but he was not the man who bore her. If only she could remember her true father's name.

Click, clack. Click, clack. Em's ears twitched at the sharp tone of heels on pavement, punctuated by the rough rolling of wheels against stone. The sound had been subtle, but the park was quiet enough for the woman to hear Faith from some distance away; a graceful smile found the woman's lips as she listened, the baby in front of her moving and babbling as babies often did. That smile dropped into a more neutral expression as Faith drew closer, and she didn't look to the woman until she'd actually been addressed.

What she saw took her breath away. Faith stood before her with an uncertain expression on her face, beautiful and radiant in the forested park surrounding her. Beauty had always been a common trait among those in her family, and she was happy to see that the gorgeous crimson hair of her Lord Husband had survived so long. A brilliant smile dominated the woman's expression as she rose up to wrap her arms around Faith in a grip that was a tad too powerful for her size. "Faith? Oh, you look just like Beth. It's such a pleasure to finally meet you," Emilia shifted her gaze down to the little girl who giggled and made cute little grabby hands in the stroller.

Ten thousand pounds fell on her shoulders, and another twenty fell over her heart, at the sight of the little girl. Mommy, come back! I'll be good I promise! Mommy! Please! Little Melanie had thrown her arms out as the guards of her ancestral castle held her fast, all those years ago. What had little Melanie grown up to become, beyond a list of feats and children she bore? Did she know that her mother loved her, or had she hated her for leaving? Each new thought twisted the knife that entered her heart at an agonizingly slow pace. She'd been forced to leave the girl because of the actions of men. Fitting that the actions of men brought her back once more. Emilia's baby voice hadn't been a thing that was heard in thousands of years, but "And who's this pretty girl?!"

After a moment of agonized happiness, the woman sat back down and offered Faith a smile, "Would you like to sit with me, for awhile? I'm dying to hear of your life, both good and bad. Anything you're willing to share."

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Sep 23 2017, 11:06 AM
H
ow was it possible that Emilia could look so young? If she was her mother's sister, then she had to have been older. And yet the women looked about the same age. But it was something easily forgotten when she exclaimed how much Faith looked like her mother. Beth. The name was foreign to her, but it was something. A subtle and flattered smile spread across her lips at the compliment. "I do?... Was she a sweet woman?" She was dying to know what other traits she shared with her birth mother, among to answers of other questions.

Attention fell on Lux when the woman asked who the pretty girl was. The toddler bounced up and down in her seat, giggling at the sweet voice the woman spoke with. Instantly, she made grabby hands at the accessories hanging from her neck. "Emilia, this is Lux. My daughter." A sense of pride came over her, knowing she'd raised a beautiful child that others often adored and cherished. Her origin was a sad and depressing one, though no one would know by looking at her. From the sunglasses to the plush animals that kept her company in her stroller, Lux was clearly a girl who was loved and cared for. And above all, adequately provided for. Stepping forward, she knelt down by the side of the strolled and unbuckled Lux from her seat, only making the girl more excited. From her handlings, Emilia would clearly see the lack of diamond ring on her finger. Any stranger would pick up that Faith wasn't married, likely meaning the child didn't have her father completely in the picture. To the group of moms on her block, it was baffling knowing that a woman like Faith and her child were alone, save for the big burly man who had been stopping by constantly. Nothing was nosier than a group of kids at the mansion or a handful of nosy house wives in the neighborhood.

Gathering Lux in her arms, the girl reached out towards the pristine woman. Faith easily removed the little sunglasses the girl was wearing to show hazel eyes just like her mother. The red hair, the cheeks, all uncanny. That nose those... And that chin... All characteristics that referenced her father. "She's very sweet. Would you like to hold her?" There wasn't one thing Lux loved more than being adored by new people. And this was family, likely someone who'd be sticking around to be a part of their lives in the long run. In her entire life where she lacked access to her family, something finally decided to give. And Faith finally might get the chance to really know where she came from. It was different than when Khorun came to her for the first time in years. Emilia had never intended to be taken from her life, making their reunion one that was filled with plenty of joy.

Her smile spread even further, hearing that the woman wanted to Faith and Lux to sit with her. Tears threatened to overcome her, but rather, she stepped in and wrapped her arms around her aunt, Lux giggling at the exchange of hugs as she was brought closer to the shiny accessories she had her eyes on since meeting the woman. "Thank you. Thank you for reaching out to me. I've had so many questions and so many thoughts regarding my mother and father. And to have a chance at family, real family... I truly feel blessed now." She pulled back and sat down on the bench with Lux on her lap.

With Lux held in place on Faith's lap, she fidgeted and nuzzled in close to her breast, one eye on Emilia and her smile, the other half of her face hidden against her mother. It was a bashful tendency once her excitement had subsided. Though Lux was incredibly social, she still became shy from time to time. It was only with her father that she had immediately offered a shoe to, in symbol of offering her friendship. In time, Faith was certain Emilia would earn the little slipped on her feet right now. "Well, what would you like to know? My daughter's almost three. She's such a bright girl. Everyone who knows her absolutely adores her. I have a great career, just got promoted actually. And we're now waiting for a house to get build for us. Right now, we're just staying wherever we can."

Faith didn't have the heart to recount the details of the night when her town house was broken into, sparing the detail out of the story of just why she was between homes. "But once it's ready, I would adore hosting you for tea and a lunch one of these days. I'm really excited to get to know you and learn what you've been doing. And maybe hear more about my parents? If it's not too much to ask."

Emilia Mercer

Tyr Vanth
Enhanced
Many years old
44 posts
Dec 10 2017, 02:10 PM

Sadness filled the woman's heart once more at Faith's innocuous question, one that was inevitable and expected yet could have never been prepared for. Ignorance and Naivete may not be two qualities one may expect to see in a millenia old creature with the foresight required to build an empire out of civilization, but they were qualities she had an abundance of when she first met Faith's mother. The ignorance to assume that, because Beth was of her blood she possessed wisdom, and the naivete to believe the girl to be ready for knowledge no human could grasp. After all when a child is allowed to drive, and inevitably crashes, does one blame the child for the damage, or the woman in the passenger's seat?

Emilia's eyes began to nearly glimmer in the shade as tears threatened to overcome her vision,
"Very sweet. Very kind. Kinder than most, and so filled with love." It had been that kindness, that love of all, that had driven the girl to reach beyond her grasp. She saw the good in monsters, and it was the monsters she tried to save that were her downfall. "I'd give my entire fortune to give you the chance to meet her, and to give her the chance to meet you. She loved you; used to speak to you, while she was pregnant."

No tears would flow from her eyes. Not over the past, not when she had two beautiful, living daughters beside her for the first time in seventeen hundred years. Those tear filled eyes flicked down to the little bundle of happiness, "Hello, little Lux. I'm so very pleased to meet you." What little tears remained to blur her vision quickly fled when the warm smile graced Emilia's lips with an upward curve. "I would love to hold you, little one,"

Lux had been found to be light and delicate in the woman's grasp, and awfully curious about the silvery chain that hung from her neck. Powerful, chubby little hands tugged at the amulet that hung from her neck. "I think she likes my necklace," Em's voice came out with a light and bubbly cadence, and her gaze switched between the little girl in her arms and the mother who stood only a pace away. In that moment, she knew that she had made the right decision to approach what remained of her bloodline. Happiness had eluded her for so long, but it would no longer.

Those words had barely escaped her lips when Faith moved to wrap Emilia up in a warm embrace; another small chuckle escaped from the latter when she heard Lux's giggle from between them. Returning the hug with one arm, she pulled away just enough to view Faith's face, "Thank you, Faith. I'll answer any questions I can about anything you desire. Thank you; you've given me a chance at family, too."

In the distance, she heard the scrape of metal against metal followed by the click of a mechanism locking into place. Emilia's ears visibly twitched at the behest of instinct, as she tried to locate the sound. Foot traffic through the secluded little path had dwindled to nearly nothing, and it seemed as though the benches had emptied save for a few here and there. What could that mechanism have been? Surely not a rifle. Perhaps there had been a car accident just outside the park?

Stranger occurrences happened in the world, and there were other necessities to focus her attentions on. Like the beautiful mother and daughter to her left. "I'm happy that things are going well for you. When Sophia told me that you and Lux were going at it alone, I feared the worst. Single mothers have it difficult in today's society, but you did more than overcome adversity. You seem to have flourished in it. For whatever it's worth, Faith, I'm so proud of you and the woman you are."

Yet, something else nagged at her, "Where are you living in the interim? I'd simply adore the chance to have you and Lux in my home. And," she was quick to add, "before you tell me that you wouldn't want to trouble me, my home is much too empty for my tastes."

A smile peeked through the Emilia's visage when Faith, "I would love to share lunch and some tea with you, and tell you anything you wish to know of your parents. And what I've been up to these past few decades."

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Jan 2 2018, 08:26 PM
T
here wasn't much Faith longed for in her early adolescent life. Yet when her mutation sprouted and answers were needed on her behalf, the redhead had never felt so lost. When making an educated guess, there was information to go off of, base notes, a foundation of data at least. Faith had only a clean slab to work with, and a closed adoption... Even if her parents did want to be found, they wouldn't know where to look either... All roots of her genetics were gone. Of course she could have hired an investigator but was it worth it? If her parents had gone through this much to keep their identities hidden, then would Faith even like what she was bargaining for? Were her parents mutant? Or did they part with her because they knew she would be and didn't want her?... Her parents weren't the only one who didn't want her. Why wasn't she good enough for them? Or John back in the day?

Hearing of Emilia speak of her sister brought tears to Faith's eyes, not because she was a lovely woman, but because she knew her mother loved her. Whether Faith was given up to protect her or provide the best life for her, seeing Emilia talk about Faith's mother hinted that Beth had indeed loved her little one and that letting her go was the hardest thing. She'd come to understand soon why she was given up and what became of her biological parents. This was a moment Faith waited for her entire life. "I thought about hiring an investigator but my adoptive parents were very protective and feared I'd not like what I found. I hung onto that money for a few years until it finally got stashed into savings."

It was with no hesitation that Faith picked the girl up and handed her over to her relative. Judging from the looks of it, Lux was also pleased to meet the older woman, her hands grabbing at her and her accessories, her baby babbling growing in volume when the woman finally had her hands on her. Ringlets of red like her mother, golden hazel eyes, again like her mother... But there were features on the child that did not belong to Faith, nor Beth. Rather, a nose and a chin belonging to a warrior, a man Emilia had never met but would hear of soon. "She loves new people. I don't think there's a single person she hasn't liked. Even her father makes her light up like a tree on Christmas." She really shouldn't have spoken poorly of Khorun though. He had saved their lives the other night, an act that she could never repay him for. But she'd not tell Emilia that. There was no need to worry her.

"I feel like I've been alone my whole life, a girl with family. No, I haven't been completely on my own but... I guess one feels a sense of completeness when they really know where they came from. The Devareaux's have been extremely generous and I owe them so much for helping me become the woman I am now, but... Aunt Emilia..." Faith chuckled, flicking a rolling tear from her eye to salvage the eye makeup she'd applied with care hours ago. "Can I call you that? What do you prefer to be called? You don't look like an aunt. You look younger than I do..." Perhaps she had some work done. Either way, it didn't matter. Faith got carried away with her words.

Though Miss Devareaux's life looked charmed at the moment, it had certainly come with struggle. Her pregnancy was a high risk one, and rather that allow anyone to help her through it, she went at it alone, financing it all and bringing her infant to a run down apartment where Faith didn't even have a bed. But she picked herself up, morning after morning, and worked for a better life for both of them. Now she was making an obscene amount of money, and in the process of having an entire empire signed over to her. The Tabloids stated that she'd been a gold digger. Well that was fine. She had the talent to back up her own claims and why she was capable of running Rider's companies. "To be honest, I never saw my success coming. I thought I'd be living paycheck to paycheck my whole life. Eventually move back in with my adoptive parents. But... Someone had Faith in me and took a chance on my skills. And now it's a whirlwind of success. I couldn't be luckier. And now to have you in my life as well? I can't ask for more." Perhaps she'd never ask for it, but there was always a yearning in her heart for something else, something money couldn't buy. More than anything, Faith longed for someone who'd put her above all else. But with a child, she knew that wasn't realistic or fair to ask for. Ever.

The invitation to stay at her home was kind but Faith knew in her heart that she would not be able to accept due to how lavish the situation and because of the tragic circumstances of her homelessness. "That brings me to my next point. Before you insist with all your heart, I need to get off my shoulders what you're asking and what you're getting into. I'm giving you an out because right now, my daughter and I are in trouble with the law. Or we might be very soon. Honestly, I probably shouldn't be discussing such things with you without my attorney present... Which I still need to hire." The circumstances were overwhelming and Faith's fingers were drawn to her temples to combat an oncoming headache. "Recently, my daughter and I were the victims of a home invasion. My town house was broken into and In order to defend my daughter, her father and I fought our assailants. They didn't live. And we are under investigation. I do not wish to trouble you and if you want me to leave and forget we ever met, I will. But I need you to understand that this is what is happening in my live. I cannot drag you into these problems without your consent." Despite what she might have lost, Faith was honest with Emilia. Of course she was. She was the only blood relative she had left aside from her child.

"We are here and there. Nowhere permanent. Not until our new home is built." It seemed the orphan stage of her life was never ending as now she was without a home yet again. At least she had family this time, for the foreseeable future. There was no telling how Emilia would react to all of this.

Emilia Mercer

Tyr Vanth
Enhanced
Many years old
44 posts
Jan 5 2018, 05:09 PM

A private investigator would have done no good, the woman almost said, but checked the notion before her lips even moved to form the words. Too many people had been made rich, and many more killed, to keep that very knowledge from the paws of any that would come looking for the little girl. That choice had not been Elizabeth's, but then the dead rarely have such choices to make. Emilia was Faith's only caretaker at the beginning of her life, and she knew that a hasty death would have hounded the latters heals if she stayed in the former's care. No. Faith needed a human family, one filled with all the love and attention that Emilia could never offer her. It was for that reason that Emilia selected Faith's adoptive parents, and sent her agent to them.

Rather than offer much of a response, Emilia gave the woman a sympathetic frown that quickly vanished when a certain red maned baby was placed in her lap. Little Lux looked like a tiny, chubby Faith with only a few features found from a stranger. The barbarian who had taken his pleasure from her only to cast her to the side when the consequences came from that union. "Hello, little one. I'm Aunt Emilia and I love you like the sun loves the moon," only with one other had Emilia's voice adopted such a sweet tone. "If only this foolish woman hadn't forgotten your gift at home in her excitement, you might have a brand new toy to play with."

"Many in our family are personable," Emilia spoke to Faith without turning at first, but her comment continued when her gaze finally met with the woman beside her. "I'm sure you met my darling daughter already, or have at least seen her in passing." Emilia made it a point to ignore the mention of her father. Not only did she know the excruciating details of their relationship, a woman who didn't would have picked up on the subtle cue that Faith dropped. The father had likely only found himself back in the picture, or he was a total ass. It wasn't her place to question or comment on that fact.

Another smile pulled Emilia's full lips thin at the sound of Faith calling her aunt. The truth was far more complex, but she'd rather be named an aunt than a grandmother preceded by twenty or so greats. The fact that Faith was ready to call her anything familial brought a tear to the woman's eye; one that would have rolled down her face had she not dabbed it up beforehand.
"I would be honored, Faith. And I thought you might ask," a few real moments of struggle followed. Beth had been a mutant, so it would be an easy assumption that Faith had been as well. Even so, she couldn't out herself as a millennia old pseudo-dragon. Not yet, anyways. "I'm like no human, or mutant. My knowledge, abilities, and skills set me apart, but I'm not like my daughter, your mother, or--I assume--you. One day I would be pleased to elucidate further--I know how cryptic that sounds--but I don't enjoy the idea of discussing it in public."

"For a woman of my stature to be outed as something more than human, well, my entire life would crumble to dust. I don't enjoy lying to my family."
Not that she wouldn't lie to Faith, but the truth would come out at a time and place of Emilia's choosing and not a second before. Anything else could see her newly acquired family destroyed.

Emilia was happy to put that subject at her back as the conversation continued, however, and instead found herself listening to her daughter's abridged story. How she started as a (presumably) single mother and clawed her way to where she was now, at the top of her field, because someone had taken a chance on her. Oh how she wished that she could claim responsibility for Faith being given that chance, but the truth was that Em hadn't the audacity to risk such a thing. Her daughter would succeed or fail based on her own merits, her own skills, and her own fortitude. Not the handouts of a woman she'd never met. "Few people could have done what you do, Faith. Few people do what you've done--gone from paycheck to paycheck to successful--For whatever it's worth, I'm proud of you."

The story Faith continued took a turn for the worse, however. Trouble with the law stemming from a home invasion that they repelled, where the men responsible were killed. That hadn't surprised the woman in the least, but even so her brow rose and her words had left her for a trice. A look of heavy consideration replaced surprise by the time that the explanation of her circumstances ended, and after what felt like an eternity her brown eyes rose to meet with Faith's hazel. Beth's hazel. "Do not worry about a thing, my dear. I'm your family, and that means I have your back no matter the circumstance. You can stay at any of my homes as long as you want, no strings attached and absolutely no interference on my part. You can stay anywhere you'd like--even a castle in England, if you'd like. Also, I will speak with the authorities and send my personal retainer your way. He really is excellent and you won't have to pay a dime."

Emilia rose her hand to urge Faith to wait before denying her offer, "I really cannot insist hard enough, Faith. I'm your aunt, and I have more resources at my disposal than nearly any other on this planet. It will take no effort on my part to help, and it's the least I can do. Please, stay with me--or at least one of my residences--for as long as you like. Until your new home is built, that is." It was the least she could do, no doubt to assuage the damned guilt she felt over Beth's untimely demise.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by