welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Knight and the Witch, Marc/Daedalus

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Sep 18 2017, 09:05 PM
WE ALL ARE LIVING IN A DREAM,
BUT LIFE AIN'T WHAT IT SEEMS

Wanda had met a lot of interesting people in her time as an Avenger. One of them was a man by the name of Marc Spector. It had all started when he had made an outburst at a press conference that the Avengers had been holding. She had followed him and when she had met him in a stairwell, she'd been surprised by how distressed he seemed. What followed was one of the most interesting conversations that she'd ever had. They had vastly different opinions on how to deal with criminals.

He had believed that they needed to die. There was no point in arresting them if they were just going to keep getting out and causing more trouble. She could understand why he felt that way. There were times that she felt the same, especially when it pertained to people like HYDRA. They would never stop their mad quest for power. They would continue to hurt people and that was all that they cared about.

But Wanda believed that they couldn't be the judge, jury, and executioner. She had killed before in the past, but she was trying to actively be a better hero now. She was trying to be better than the villains that plagued their world. She wanted to make life better for the innocents and she knew she couldn't do that if she was committing the same sins that criminals were. She believed everyone deserved a second chance. In all honesty, they should likely have come to blows.

Instead, they had sat on those stairs and had shared a conversation. She had met him once again more weeks and months later and had discovered he was Moon Knight. That meeting had been less civil and she had been there on official Avengers business. He'd gotten away and then he'd disappeared. She hadn't been able to find him again.

"Hello?" Wanda called as she walked through the alleyway in Hell's Kitchen. She hadn't been here for a long time, but she had a hunch. The murder rate of criminals had gone back up in the last few months. She needed to get to the bottom of it. Hopefully, this time if it was Marc, it wouldn't end in a fight. It was why she had come as Wanda Maximoff and not the Scarlet Witch.

She'd been following the trail and while she was no master detective, she was a telepath and that had brought her here. She paused where she was standing, looking around. It was almost too quiet.

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
78 posts
Sep 18 2017, 11:33 PM
Moon Knight

There was a lot of work to catch up on. The criminals thought themselves safe with Moon Knight removed from the city for that brief time. He needed to remind them that he might had been gone, but he was back and more aggressive than ever before. A lot more bodies had started showing up since he had gone back to work, it was the only way he saw fit to announce his return to the city. It seemed like for every criminal he got rid of, more took their place. That was fine with him, it just meant that he had job security. Of course, all of these criminals were just small-time, no one serious, they hadn't shown themselves yet, but they would and when they did, he would be there to shake them loose the mortal coil.

There were some people out there who thought Moon Knight was a psychopath, a worthy candidate to be sent to Bellevue for the remainder of his days. Maybe they were right, but he would never let it get to that point. He made sure he was careful enough to evade capture by the police, not for lack of trying though. The police didn't have the capabilities to handle any engagements with Moon Knight. As far as he was concerned, they were the enemy, along with the city's criminal element, but he wasn't going to kill any police officers, they were lucky in that sense. Still, he pitied those who were tasked to bring Moon Knight in, because he knew that they wouldn't be successful in their endeavors, not if he had a say in it.

He had pulled this guy away from some sort of deal, most likely drugs. He couldn't believe people still did things like that in public, but he reaped the benefits. Moon Knight wasn't gentle with the man either. He dragged him through an apartment building by his shirt collar, making sure he went up every single stair in the building until he got to the roof of the building. There was nowhere for the man to go but down and it wouldn't be via the stairs. The man scurried away from Moon Knight who was seemingly content with what was going on. He wasn't going to get away from his reckoning that easily. As Moon Knight stalked along the rooftop, he removed his truncheon from his belt. He heard the criminal pleading, begging for his life, but Moon Knight wasn't having it.

There was a reprieve, though only temporary, when he heard the voice. "Consider yourself lucky I know that voice." he said to the criminal as he approached the edge of the roof, peering down. His suspicions were confirmed, it was her, it was Wanda Maximoff, poking around Hell's Kitchen, for reasons unknown to him. He wanted to go down there, see why she was in this part of town, she had to had a good reason for being down here, but he couldn't just let his prey go free. He put his truncheon back on his belt as he went back to his intended victim, who was trying to make for the door to his freedom. Moon Knight shook his head as he grabbed the man by his collar once more. Escape was no longer an option.

Moon Knight dragged the man back to the edge of the roof and without any hesitation, cast the man off the rooftop. After the man hit the pavement in the alleyway below, he stood on the edge of the roof, arms crossed against his chest as he looked down at her. "What are you doing here, Wanda?" he asked from his position above her, disregarding the body of the man he had just tossed down behind her. Wanda was only one of two people who knew the man beneath the mask, and that was by his own doing. As far as he knew, she hadn't gone around telling everyone who he was, even with her position as an Avenger. She could had arrested him, but she opted not to, even after her had killed all those people.

"Did you come to finally arrest me? I hope that isn't the case."

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Oct 7 2017, 03:37 PM

In all honesty, she didn't really know what she was doing in Hell's Kitchen. She had been hearing rumors about Moon Knight be back in the neighborhood and she couldn't stop herself. The last time that she had seen him, he'd been a broken man in a sea of red. He'd killed so many people because someone he had cared about had been taken and dragged to the RAFT. His act of rage had reminded her so much of herself. That was the same kind of reaction that she'd had after her beloved twin brother had been nearly killed by Ultron. Perhaps that was why she was so drawn to Marc Spector. He was a picture of what she could become all too easily.

"After I let you go, things went very quiet here in Hell's Kitchen. I could tell that you had left the city." Wanda said. The murders of criminals had gone down drastically. She had taken that to mean that Moon Knight was going. There had been no fresh rumors about him either until just recently. It was almost like he had just up and vanished entirely. A part of her had wanted to find out why. He didn't seem like the kind of person to just abandon his post.

Or his bloody duty.

"But when I started to hear rumors of your return, I felt it was prudent to come and find you. I was curious to why you had left Hell's Kitchen. I was led to believe you felt your work was too important to leave undone." She said in an uncertain tone as she looked down at the body of the man that he'd thrown from the building. It seemed as though he was up to his old tricks after all. She frowned a little bit.

"No... I didn't come to arrest you. I would have done that during our last meeting if I was going to do that." She pointed out. She had no intentions of trying to arrest him now. She'd told him during their first encounter that she wasn't going to try and take him in. It would just result in what would probably be a violent fight between the two of them. She hadn't come all of the way to Hell's Kitchen just to pick a fight with Marc.

"I have no intentions of trying to fight you. The two of us have managed to find an odd peace between us. Why would I come here to possibly ruin that?" She had many reasons to be here. She had so many questions to ask him. But this was not the place for it. She looked around the area, opening her mind to sense the thoughts of anyone else that that was not either of them. She could only sense a few drunks and harmless people. Even so, she wished to speak in a more private place.

"If you wouldn't mind me taking more of your time, is there a more private location that the two of us could speak more freely?" She didn't want their conversation to possibly out his identity.

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
78 posts
Oct 8 2017, 08:11 PM
Moon Knight

It seemed that he had made more of an impact on Hell's Kitchen than he had given himself credit for. He figured that should had been a good thing, but Hell's Kitchen had been lulled into a false sense of security only shaken upon his departure. When he had come back, Hell's Kitchen was a mess, almost as bad as when he had left it. That only meant he had to work harder, become more aggressive, let people know that Moon Knight had returned and would continue to take no prisoners. The police had their rules and boundaries, he didn't, he would never abide by their rules, he operated by his own code of conduct, he had to if he was going to be of any service. Things were so much different when you crossed the line only so few crossed.

"Things were broken, Hell's Kitchen needs more help than I can give it." he started as he looked down at the woman. His mind was still in a fragile state and would no doubt remain that way for the rest of his life, but his departure was necessary. He had explained this to Lily on the night of his return, but understandably so, he'd have to explain himself again. "I needed to leave. Needed to piece things back together as best as one could. It takes time." He continued from the rooftop. This particular lifestyle he lead took its toll on him, mostly mental as physical pain was something he hadn't known in years. "This place demands so much of us." he said quietly, clenching a fist. This city was massive and he could only do so much in a single night.

He should had known that she hadn't come to arrest him, but with everything going on, it wouldn't surprise him."Just making sure. I have no intentions on fighting you either, friends are hard to come by these days." he said from up above. That sentiment couldn't had been more true these days. Things were getting worse in the city and it would only be getting worse as the days passed. He had his allies, all two of them, three if you included Wanda, but there was only so much that could be done. Their peace worked strangely enough, he knew what he would had been getting into if he picked a fight with her, Marc wasn't dumb. She was right though, if she wanted to arrest him, she could had done that at any moment, especially the last time they saw one another.

Marc owed her for that. He could had been taken in, locked away, and had the key thrown away, but he wasn't, even after he killed a bunch of people, people who deserved it, but people nonetheless. It was something that was on his mind constantly, how bad it would be if he was ever taken in, it was hard not to think about. That's why he did all that he could to keep himself more than one step ahead of the law. The multiple safehouses, the mask, the costume, burning anything that had gone past its usage limits, so many precautions were taken on a daily basis. "I prefer our peace to what could be." he said in agreement with a brief nod of his head. The respect that these two had for one another would seem strange to any outsider, but not to him.

He was a bit wary about bringing her to one of his safehouses, but they were the only places where the two of them could speak more freely than they could out here. Marc thought for a moment, taking into account their current location. He had a place not too far from here that they could use for the time being. That would be the best place for the two of them, better than out here. Someone was going to come across that body sooner or later and it might be better if neither of them were around for that to happen. "I have a place, five blocks northwest of here, an old store, shutters are still down, no neighbors, it's quiet, gotta go in through the roof." he explained to her as he prepared to move.

"Meet me there." he said before he disappeared from sight as he started across the rooftops of the city to get to their new meeting spot. He had grown accustomed to traveling via the rooftops, it was the best way to get around areas such as Hell's Kitchen. Marc had alternative plans for longer distances, but the roofs worked for now. When he arrived, he awaited her arrival patiently, wondering what more she wanted to discuss with him.

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Oct 20 2017, 07:19 PM

He was more like a ghost than she would have liked. When she had started to hear the rumors that the Moon Knight was back in Hell's Kitchen, she hadn't been able to stop herself from trying to track him back down. A part of her was concerned. Why? She honestly couldn't say. The two of them weren't friends. Hell, she hardly knew him beyond the fact that he was a killer that worked toward the same goal as she was, and that was to stop those that meant others wrong. Their methods of reaching that end were very different. Hell, they couldn't be any more different. He was a murderer and she worked within the confines of the law.

Most of the time.

"It isn't just Hell's Kitchen that is broken, Moon Knight." Wanda said with a frown on her face. She wished that she couldn't agree with him, but once again he was saying true words. The city was dirty and the criminals were only getting more and bolder. They were hurting more and more people and she couldn't just sit back. She had been living up in the ivory tower and the people were starting to think that the Avengers were only there to help when the world was about to end. She wanted to change that perspective. She wanted to get on the streets and she wanted to help as much as she could. And with powers, like she had, that meant that she could do more than even most heroes could.

"The heroes on the streets, like you, at spread too thin. The Avengers... we do good work. But sometimes I feel that our focus is too narrow. We only seem to deal with the Lokis and the Ultrons. We aren't turning our focus towards the people that really need us. The people on the streets of the very city that we make our home in." Wanda said. She had come for many reasons, and maybe this was one of them. Maybe she was offering her help.

In whatever way, she could and if he was even willing to take it. She wasn't going to cross the line he did and maybe he already knew that. But she could help.

"Are we friends now? Our last meeting wouldn't have led me to believe that." She said in an attempt at humor, a small smile on her face. But it didn't quite meet her eyes. She wished that their last meeting had gone better. But she had let him go and in the end, that was a decision that she knew was right, even if it would have been considered wrong and illegal according to the government. She didn't give a damn. For whatever reason, she had let Marc go. And now it was paying off. He was more willing to speak with her.

Wanda held up a hand in peace. She was glad that he was agreeing with everything that she had stated so far. A fight with him could prove dangerous and if there seemed to be one thing that they agreed on, it was the fact that they were protecting the innocent. Or at least she supposed that was Marc's goal in killing criminals. Perhaps she was wrong. But there was a glimmer of hope in her when it came to him. They could continue to disagree, but their odd peace was comforting if nothing else. They could have vastly different ideals but they could still sit and have a pleasant conversation.

She opened her mouth to say something again when he gave her the location of what she assumed was some kind of safe house or base. Somewhere he had been staying. She nodded and turned to weave her way through the streets. She didn't take the direct path and instead, she took her time to the streets. She wasn't in a hurry if only because that way no one might realize that she was going to meet with him.

When she came to the building in question, she slipped into an alleyway and propelled herself through the air with her powers, cushioning her fall and she looked back at the edge of the roof and she walked over to him. "Thank you for agreeing to talk with me privately. You certainly didn't have to."

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
78 posts
Oct 24 2017, 11:07 AM
Moon Knight

Marc knew for a fact that she was correct, this world was broken, hell, he was broken. There weren't many people out there like him, it wasn't normal, he wasn't normal. Still, there was only so much that he and the others could do. They had to start somewhere, Hell's Kitchen, but trying to stop crime in Hell's Kitchen was akin to using a bucket to help save a flooded ship. It was a losing battle, but it had to be seen to completion, he wouldn't stop, not until he was dead. "I know, but we can only do so much with what we have. There's a finite amount of us with finite resources" explained Marc. It wasn't even like they could rely on the police, they were nearly as corrupt as the criminals he went after nightly.

He had mixed feelings on the Avengers and most of the other heroes in this city. There was a clear issue between him and everyone else in regards to how he operated, but it got results. It had been the topic of a heated debate between the two of them, but they had just agreed to disagree. Maybe it was because he wasn't under the scrutiny and public eye like she was. Sure, there had been mentions of Moon Knight in the media, but it wasn't a constant thing. For the most part, no one knew who he was beneath the mask, a luxury he figured some would want. If she was offering assistance, he wouldn't refuse it, they could had used all the help they could get. The only caveat for him would be the attention. More of it would be drawn onto him.

Friends were hard to come by in this line of work, but he wasn't in this for the friends. They were a benefit when they came around. There was Lily, she was a friend in every sense of the word, his closest confidant. Then there were people like Rogue and Wanda, who he had his squabbles with, but eventually they put differences aside, they were all on the same side after all. "Or something like that." he remarked. This type of lifestyle wasn't exactly conducive to friendships. Then again, he barely did anything when he wasn't "working", he didn't feel the need to be social, preferring the company of solitude most days to larger crowds. His paranoia was getting the best of him, but he felt that it kept him more aware of all the city's goings on.

She had willingly sought him out for a reason and he was willing to hear her out and see what she had to say, he owed her that much at least. It had to be something of relative importance if she wanted to speak to him in private and he would be lying if he had said that he wasn't the least bit curious. "Think nothing of it." he said. "What's on your mind?" asked Marc as he crossed his arms against his chest. They would be fine up here, this neighborhood kept to itself, which is why he had set up shop here, no one would snoop on them up here. If the conversation took a turn, they could always go inside, but for now, the rooftop would suffice. What could an Avenger want with someone like him?

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Nov 15 2017, 09:54 PM

"There is a lot on my mind, to be honest. In some regards, I don't know why I came here. But I think it's important that the Avengers start to branch out and deal with other issues as well. We're not better than the heroes that walk the streets." Wanda said, beginning with that because she felt that was the best way to start what she was wanting to talk to him about. But she was right about one thing. There was not one single reason as to why she had come here. There was a myriad of reasons and she felt as though some of them were dumb reasons. But the most important one was building a bridge between the heroes of Hell's Kitchen and the Avengers.

She immediately held up a hand because she felt as though he was going to start protesting with her. "I know you don't like the Avengers or trust them. And I can understand that. But I do believe that we need to start working together towards the same goal. We have different methods of achieving that goal. I wouldn't ask you to work directly because of Tony or the others."

She knew he would never agree to that. He hated Tony Stark as far as she was aware of. But it was important that there was some kind of communication between them. It would help both sides. Both parties would benefit. Or so she believed. She knew that she wouldn't be able to bring Marc into the fold too much both because of his distrust, paranoia, and unwillingness to compromise on his methods and because the Avengers would never have him because of those methods. But they could still work together.

In a way, at least.

"I propose we share information. There are things that I can get ahold of that can help you in terms of information. Things that can help you cleanse the city in your manner." She didn't agree with how he dealt with criminals, but she knew he wasn't going to stop for anyone, so there was no point in trying to stop him. "And it would work the same in reverse and you share information with me. I won't ask you to interact with any of the others. Just me."

She hoped he might trust her enough to even just consider what she had in mind.

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
78 posts
Nov 16 2017, 12:16 AM
Moon Knight

It shouldn't had surprised him that there was a lot on her mind, she was a person just like anyone else. He was interested in what she had to say and why she had sought him out, it had to be something of relative importance if she had come all this way just for him. It was better than having an enemy come seek him out, better by a long shot. Still, he would hear her out as there was some semblance of respect between the two heroes. Marc wasn't sure how he felt about the possibility of the Avengers doing what he did every night. Would the help be appreciated? Possibly. When it came to this stuff, he hadn't really thought about anyone else taking care of this. It was too early to form an opinion just yet, he would have to hear her out fully.

He had pointed a finger at her, ready to speak before she had raised her hands, almost knowing that he was going to speak up about it immediately. Marc wasn't sure if she had read his mind or just knew his thoughts on the Avengers well enough to cut him off before he could get a word in yet. She seemed to be into the idea of providing some sort of assistance, were the other Avengers on board with this? Is that why she was here, acting as an emissary for the other heroes. Marc's eyes nearly rolled all the way back into his head at the mention of Tony Stark. It was a good thing he was wearing a mask so she wouldn't see his reaction, but she clearly knew how he felt about him. He certainly would be dead before he took orders or advice or help from Tony Stark.

"So if I'm understanding you correctly, you want us to trade information with one another." he started as he began to pace around, thinking about what she was proposing. After what had happened with Lily and her imprisonment, he was was just a bit cautious about things. She could probably get him information about higher ranking criminals out there instead of wasting his time on the smaller ones. It was an interesting proposal to say the least. What information would she want from him though? If it was information about other vigilantes or even Lily, then it was going to be a no go on his end. "What sort of information could I possibly provide for you? I would suspect that the Avengers would have some sort of database of criminals." he said, stopping his pacing for a moment.

"So then the others don't know you're here, do they? Can't imagine that they would be on board with this....given my past, present, and future actions." Marc started as he resumed his pacing. He muttered something to himself, shaking his head briefly as he ran through the scenarios in his mind. Had she run this by the other Avengers? Seeing as she was the only one he was friendly with, also the only Avenger he had actually met, it would make sense for her to be the one to come see him. On the other hand, if she was doing all of this on her own, then she was putting herself at risk. He could trust her, couldn't he? Marc figured that since she hadn't locked him away yet or even threatened him that she was trustworthy.

"I'm in, but on one condition." he said as he stopped pacing, pointing his finger at her. "Any of your Avenger buddies come near my companion and I'll make sure people'll mourn their loss for a long time."

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Nov 28 2017, 05:39 PM

No, she knew his feelings about the Avengers all too well from their first conversation. He had been at the protest and he'd definitely made his opinion of Tony Stark very clear. She couldn't quite remember what he had called him, but she was fairly certain none of it had been very good. So when she had interrupted him from protesting with her further, it wasn't because she was reading his mind. She had been taking a wild guess and given how he was pointing at her, she figured that she had been right to interrupt him before he could even start.

Marc might be unstable, but he also seemed to be to have some things about him that could be predicted and for her, that meant that she could predict how he would start to argue with her when she had brought up the Avengers. It really was very ironic. She was an Avenger herself and yet they had seemed to be able to come to a kind of peace. And respect.

"Yes, exactly that. I want us to trade information with one another and if the need comes, then perhaps we can even work together." Wanda said. she knew that he would probably hate the idea of that. They didn't like allying themselves with killers. She was much the same but she didn't want more people to get hurt because she was unwilling to work with someone like Marc. She didn't approve of his methods and she had tried debating that with him. If he killed a criminal, how was that criminal going to change and possibly become a better person? If he killed them, he was ruining any chance for redemption. The chance that she had gotten herself.

"There are things that you hear that we don't. You can go places that we can't. There is information that you have that we can't get our hands on." Wanda said as she watched him as he stopped pacing. It was a strange question for her to be asking him and she knew that. But she hoped that he was going to immediately tell her no.

She looked a little sheepish at his question. It was a good question to ask and she was going, to be honest with him. "No. They don't know that I'm here. I didn't want Tony to try and stop me. As it is, none of them know about you. Or know that I know about you." She winced a little at his next statement. "Yes, Marc. I understand."

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
78 posts
Dec 1 2017, 01:12 AM
Moon Knight

Marc was certainly not the Avengers biggest fan, they all rubbed him the wrong way, present company excluded. Once he had learned about where Lily had been imprisoned, it only seemed to make matters worse. They were lucky he hadn't gone down to their tower and taken care of the whole situation himself then and there. As it were, he hadn't done that, as it would only exacerbate things. He was already wanted by the police, being a target for the Avengers wouldn't help his situation any. Though, he might had found that a little flattering, its something that he and Lily didn't need getting in the way of their business. He would deal with the Avengers if and when it came down to it, possibly later than sooner.

Few things set him off like those heroes did and part of him felt that she brought them up just so she could get a word in edgewise, knowing that it would get a reaction out of him. If that was the case, then good on her, not many were able to get the better of him, either physically or verbally. Of course, he would never admit to such a thing out loud, but she could read minds, couldn't she? She probably already knew that, she probably knew a lot of things just by getting into the mess that somehow functioned as a mind for him. He had to live with it on a daily basis and he knew how bad it was, he could only imagine how it looked to an outsider. Maybe she had seen worse, maybe she hasn't, who knew.

"I'm alright with that." Marc started, looking her way. "and if you're alright with being an accessory to murder, then I suppose this will work out." he said with a slight shrug of his shoulders. He wasn't going to stop, people were going to be punished each and every night the only way he knew how to punish those wrong doers. One would think that being wanted by the police would put a hold on things like that, but it didn't stop Marc. It wasn't like the police were any closer to catching him, and they wouldn't if he kept up the vigilance. That was the benefit of being a masked vigilante who worked among the rooftops of New York City. The authorities couldn't put his face in the newspapers or on the news, he was protected in that regard.

You going to trust her, Marc? After all, her friends put your friend in prison, maybe you're next.

"Shut up." he said quietly as his head sharply turned to the left. If she wanted to place Marc under arrest, she would had done so by now, he trusted her in that regard. Besides, she had clearly come to speak to him as a person, not an Avenger. Had it been any other way, it would had come to the surface by now. This was going to be his opportunity to inquire about where Lily had been taken those months ago. He didn't know if it was still being used, but he had to find out before he ended up there himself or worse. "That's fair. I suppose you don't have that anonymity that I have been granted, would make things like this harder to get done." he said.

"and I'd prefer it stayed that way. I don't want any of them sticking their noses into our business or anywhere else it doesn't belong." explained Marc. Part of him wished that Tony Stark would come down here and try to stop him, he would relish that opportunity. "You've taken a great risk then. How's it going to look to them, and the public, if you're seen gallivanting with the likes of myself. I don't know if you've kept up with current affairs, but the authorities don't seem to be too keen to what I've been doing." Marc continued, shaking his head slowly. He already respected her, but with all of this that she was doing, that respect was growing, this was a big chance she was taking, it could had gone south real quick if the wrong person saw them together.

"As long as you understand, then we'll be okay. It's the last thing I want, to get involved with them, but I will if I have to. And as long as we're exchanging information, what can you tell me about that prison they bring people like us to? My companion couldn't recall much."

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Jan 27 2018, 07:06 PM

”As brutal as you might be, Marc, I have seen worse. I have made bargains with worse people. Our methods may differ greatly, but I know that we ultimately want the same goal.” Wanda said. It was part of the only reason that she had come here in the first place. She was taking a risk. If Tony knew what she was doing, then she could only imagine what he would have to say about it. But it wasn’t going to stop her. Hell, she was already meeting with Steven and he was a far more wanted man than Moon Knight was.

Not to mention that she had been building trust and a relationship between herself and Magneto. She was on a dangerous path and she knew it. She was surrounding herself with people that were either extremely dangerous in the ways they dealt with problems or that were wanted by the American government. She wasn’t going to stop now, not when she truly believed that exchanging information with Marc could prove fruitful.

As good as Tony’s technology was, he didn’t have eyes everywhere. People like Marc were able to get their hands on information that Tony would never be able to get. They kept their ears down to the ground and they heard the whispers on the streets. That was the kind of information that the Avengers needed. They were so often so separated from the rest of the world that they needed this kind of tether.

To keep them humble, relevant, and grounded.

Wanda blinked in surprise as he asked about the prison that people with powers had been taken to during the period of unrest of the Registration Act. It wasn’t a place that she had ever been too personally. She’d had no reason to go there, given how she had registered. And she didn’t know all of the specifics about it, but she knew enough.

”I shouldn’t tell you anything about it given how sensitive the information is.” The Witch said softly, clasping her hands in front of her. She needed to say no and move on, but she couldn’t. If this was going to go anywhere, she needed him to trust her and vice versa. ”…It’s called the RAFT. Since the Registration Act was repealed, it’s now being used as a prison for criminals with powers. What exactly do you want to know about it?”

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
78 posts
Feb 2 2018, 12:45 AM
Moon Knight

Brutality was all that Marc knew when it came to protecting this city, it was the only thing that these criminals knew and so, it was how he dealt with them. Their fates were deserved, they couldn't harm innocent people any further if they themselves were no longer among the living. This naturally drew the ire of the police, and some of the other vigilantes in the city. It was his way of doing things and they wouldn't be changing any time soon, regardless of who confronted him about them. "It's only going to get worse as they do, that's a fact." he remarked, shaking his head slowly. Marc knew he wasn't the worst person on the planet, there were people worse than him out there, but he wasn't exactly the best person either.

Marc didn't care for his own reputation as he could actively back it up if it was ever called into question. Not only that, he wasn't an Avenger, so people didn't have standards set for him like they would for them, so there was that at least. There was a lot of benefits to his particular line of work and his disassociation from others. The only downside was that he didn't have the benefit of having carte blanche in regards to the law, that would had been good for him. There were ways around it though and as long as he never got himself caught, he wouldn't have any foreseeable problems. Marc did his best to make sure that didn't happen and as long as he didn't get lax, they would never get their hands on Moon Knight.

He wanted to know everything he could possibly know about that prison, they had put his friend there and who knows what they did to her there. Whatever he could find out about it would be useful, that's if Wanda was willing to give up said information, if she even knew anything. Why wouldn't she though? Unless there were things that even the Avengers kept from one another. It shouldn't had surprised him that there was a place of that type somewhere out there. Regular prisons weren't strong enough to keep some, if not all, of her type behind its walls. There was a bit of a morbid curiosity as he briefly wondered if they would put him there if he was ever caught. Although, with everything he had done, it might had been right to the gas chamber for him.

"I expected it to be as such." he said as he listened to her. Lily hadn't been able to recall much expect that she had been imprisoned somewhere and drugged to keep her powers under wraps. "Stark's idea no doubt. It. Marc muttered under his breath. He had told the man that imprisoning people like this would not end well for anyone involved, it made him angry just thinking about that day. "For starters, I'd like to know where it is." Marc said, not exactly knowing what he would do with knowing the location of the RAFT, but he could figure something out. "And how elaborate is the security there?" added the masked man. He knew that by asking this, she was due for some solid information from him in return and he was fine with that.

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Feb 11 2018, 06:30 PM

"Perhaps it as his idea or a joint idea between him and someone else in the government. I'm really not certain whose idea it was or even who designed it. There a lot of things about the prison that I don't understand, Marc." Wanda said honestly. She wasn't going to be able to give him extreme details about the RAFT, not when it was something that she wasn't really privy too. She knew some of the bare essentials and that was about it. She didn't know who they were holding there or what the guard details were like. She could give him some ideas of what to expect if he was thinking of breaking inside, but nothing more.

And she sincerely hoped that he wasn't planning on trying to break in. If he did, he had to know that it wasn't going to end well for him. She let the silence hang between them, allowing for it to do most of the talking. The prison had been made to keep powered individuals in and keep them out if they tried to mount a rescue. They didn't want a villain's friends to come and try and get them out.

"I don't know where it is." Wanda admitted honestly. Again, it was information that wasn't handed out. They couldn't risk the location being leaked to the media, especially because it would draw the attention of people that might be looking to release some of the most dangerous villains in the world. Well, the ones that had been caught, anyway. She frowned a little. She knew that she had agreed to answer his questions, but he was asking a lot of questions about the RAFT. She was really hoping he wasn't thinking of breaking into it.

"It's underwater. Even if you were able to find it, you wouldn't be able to get inside. The entrance only opens when it rises out of the water, and it doesn't do that very often from what I understand. And it's extremely well guarded and weaponized. I wouldn't want to break into the place." She said, shifting a little uncomfortably. This line of questioning wasn't sitting well with her, but she was going to leave it be for now.

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
78 posts
Feb 11 2018, 11:38 PM
Moon Knight

He had worked for the United States government, so he knew firsthand just how shady they could be. The fact that they were possibly involved in this whole thing, and with Tony Stark, just made sense to him. They had their hands in a lot of things that would enrage the people if they knew about them, but this wasn't one of them. The people would probably eat this nonsense up, as they, as a whole, tended to fear what they didn't understand. It wasn't like he was going to go out and expose this for the people to see, that wouldn't help him at all. Things were much harder when one worked as a solo operation and not part of a team effort. "Probably Stark's idea, wouldn't put it past him." Marc muttered quietly.

Marc didn't have the capabilities to break into the RAFT by himself, nor did he have the resources. It would be a massive undertaking that even with enough time, would still be near impossible for him to achieve by himself. He just wanted to know about this place, to see if it was real, and judging by what Wanda was telling him, the RAFT was very real. Though, Lily's word was enough to convince him that the place had existed. It had to be dealt with, that was his thought at least, before someone who was innocent ended up being sent there, away from the world. There were ways to deal with their type, super secret government prisons were not on that list. Marc himself didn't have all the answers, but he was the type who knew how to get them.

"You don't know?" Marc asked, surprised that she didn't know, or maybe she knew and just didn't want to tell Marc out of concern. It was hard to judge, but he had no reason to distrust her currently, so why would he start doing so now? "I suppose even the Avengers have their secrets to keep from one another." he remarked quietly. He wondered what else they kept from one another, like this meeting and their new arrangement. This certainly wouldn't look good if word had gotten out that an Avenger was meeting up with a wanted criminal, doing who knew what. It would probably be worse form him than for her, she wasn't the one wanted by the authorities all over the city. If anything, the pair could had come up with an excuse for their meeting.

There was more information to take in, important information. The RAFT being in the water would indeed make it more difficult to locate. At least if it was land based, it could be tracked down as there were only so many places that it could be. The ocean however, was a beast of a different nature, it was expansive, dangerous, it would take longer to search through. Finding this place himself was definitely out of the picture now, he was going to have to find someone else who knew about this place and press them for the information. "I don't want to break in." he said, shaking his head. "I want to shut it down for good, before innocent people get sent there." Marc continued. He didn't want his friend sent there again.

Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Feb 17 2018, 06:02 PM

"As much as I may not agree with it, the idea of a prison being made to hold people like us isn't entirely illogical. I never agreed with Registration, but there are too many people with powers that would abuse them to hurt people. We need a place to put them so they can't." Wanda said in reply to him saying that Tony was probably the one who had come up with it. And she knew her statement was going to go directly against what Marc believed, but he also knew how Wanda felt already. They'd had conversations about this kind of thing a few times before.

She didn't believe in taking lives unless there was absolutely no other choice. There were people that she had killed because she knew that there was no other way to stop them. The RAFT wasn't a bad idea in theory. They did need a prison that was capable of holding people like them. The problem laid with the fact that the people in control of the RAFT were corrupt.

No. She didn't trust the American government.

She shook her head when he repeated what she had said before. She didn't know why he was so surprised that she didn't know where it was. She and Tony hadn't always gotten along and even now there was an uneasy peace between them. It wasn't like they were friends or anything. She wouldn't have been surprised if Tony was expecting her to betray him at the next opportunity.

Even though she had sworn to him that she wasn't going to betray him. She owed him a debt that she was never going to be able to repay. He'd saved the one thing that had mattered to her more than anything else in the world. Pietro's life was worth anything.

She smiled softly, though it was a sad smile. She could understand where he was coming from. She could agree with that. The RAFT was dangerous because it was very possible that maybe in the future the Registration Act was going to rear its ugly head again, and if and when that happened, innocent people were going to be the ones that suffered the most. "I can understand why you would want to shut it down. It's dangerous. But maybe not entirely unnecessary."

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by