welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.

Rand, Daniel

Daniel Rand

Iron Fist
Members
27 years old
0 posts
Jun 23 2018, 07:54 PM
Lann
Daniel Rand
Iron Fist
CEO
New York/K'un-Lun
Enhanced
Finn Jones
Welcome. Have a seat please and we can begin. We'll start off simple. If you could please give us your name, along with any nickname, alias or codename you might use. We also require your age and where you are from.

Danny sat down with a shake of his head. Despite everything Ward had seen, everything Danny had told him, he still didn't believe that he wasn't crazy. That was why he found himself sitting face-to-face with his co-CEO's chosen therapist, to prove, once again, that he wasn't making things up. Whatever. "My full name is Daniel Thomas Rand, but I go by Danny. Never 'Mr. Rand'. Still feel like that's my dad."

He was really going to have to have a word with Ward about boundaries one of these days. Later, maybe. "I'm twenty-seven years old, and I was born right here in New York, but I was raised in K'un-Lun. You wouldn't have heard of it. It's a heavenly city that exists outside of our dimension, deep in the Himalayas." Aaaand, there was that look again. Nobody ever believed him. Fine. They could believe what they liked, Danny knew he was telling the truth. "Also, I'm the Immortal Iron Fist, K'un-Lun's chosen warrior and sacred protector." The words stung as he spoke them, reminding him of how he'd left, returning only to find K'un-Lun destroyed. He'd failed in his duty, but maybe, just maybe, there was a chance at redemption in New York.

Now, how would you describe yourself?

They were still looking at him like he was nuts, but Danny knew from experience that the easiest way to get them to lay off was to just answer. Really, whether they decided to believe what he told them or not, ultimately it wasn't his problem. ""I'm a warrior. At least, that's what they tell you when you're ten years old, being beaten bloody every day and made to practice fighting other kids until you drop from exhaustion. Everyone else saw me as weak, as an outsider, they though that I'd never be able to match their own. But they were wrong, and I was the only one dedicated enough, determined enough, to pass their training and complete every single one of their trials. It made me focused, disciplined. I worked harder than everyone else for my place in the world, and still some people believed I hadn't earned it."

He paused for a moment, reflecting on what had happened since he'd left. He'd definitely earned his place as the Iron Fist, but maybe he hadn't truly deserved it. If he had, would he have really left? "But I was angry, reckless. When I came back to New York, I wasn't the person I should have been. I felt nothing but rage for the way my father's company, my birthright, had been stolen. I've made peace with it now, and found my inner calm, but sometimes... It feels like there's a storm brewing somewhere deep inside of me, and I don't know how to stop it."

Tell us something positive and negative about you.

Something positive and something negative? Well, he was sure he could manage that, at least. "I always try to help people, if that counts. Whether it's out on the streets, saving people from criminals as the Iron Fist or trying to use Rand Enterprises to do some good in the world, I've found that I can't just sit by and do nothing when people are being treated unfairly by a system that they have no say in." Sometimes, he could get too involved, apparently. He'd almost lost his share of the company when he'd forced the new medicine Rand was selling to be sold at cost, meaning that no profit could be made. Danny had been more careful in the company since then, but he still pushed for the right thing to be done.

"As for something negative? I've heard that I can be naive - too trusting, too careless. I like to see the best in people. I can't help it, it's just who I am. Admittedly, it hasn't always turned out so well." Bakuto had been a prime example of that. He'd placed his trust in a member of the Hand just because he chose to ignore all the warning signs, and he'd almost lost everything because of it.

Could you tell us about any family, friends or significant people in your life?

Answer here -- thoughts and feelings on others significant should be detailed here

What talents, powers or abilities do you possess? Do you have any weaknesses?

Answer here -- please include limits in either dialogue or prose. All powers/abilities must be properly balanced.

Thank you for your time. We'll have this interview processed in no time. Meanwhile, please exit to the door on your left.

Closing statements here

Jace

The Witch
23 years old
0 posts
Jul 9 2018, 06:03 PM
Application
Archiving - Time Out
This application has been archived due to running out of time. If you wish to have this application unarchived so you can continue working on it, please PM a staff member.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by