welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.

Makin' my way down town, Jace // Emma

Jonothon Starsmore

Chamber
Mutant
31 years old
6 posts
Feb 6 2018, 05:43 PM

He absolutely understood why he was the one that always got sent on weird and random errands for the mansion. Even before the events of the charity ball, even before Cairo they sent him out because as far as anyone knew it was all but impossible to kill him. They also did it because they insisted that he needed to get out more, interact with people, do something.

Every time he would begrudgingly grumble about how much he didn't want to do it, complain that there were other people who could do it, and after a lot of fuss and mental mumbling he would go and do it.

Today wasn't so horrible as it usually was. It was bitterly cold when the wind started blowing so everyone was bundled up, and that meant no one was giving his wraps a second glance. They didn't even seem to notice that the odd fabric which had somehow been spun into black, supersized, glorified ace bandages was the only shirt he wore under his jacket. The benefit of not being an actual person, apparently was you never got cold.

"The next time someone needs eggs, they can nip down to the shop and get them." He grumbled, although given he had no lungs or vocal chords or lower jaw it was mumbled in his head. Without focusing on anyone he'd learned quickly the base attempt he was capable of as far as telepathic communication went just stayed in his head unless someone was around that could read the thoughts, and since he wasn't talking -or 'talking'- to anyone he assumed the words would stay locked in his brain. "This city's a nightmare, an' they drive on the wrong side..." He zipped his jacket up a little higher when someone glanced at his 'shirt' as if realizing something was off about it, or maybe that it went all the way up to his nose which was odd.

Emma Frost

The White Queen
Mutant
30 years old
32 posts
Feb 11 2018, 06:21 PM
A kiss on the hand May be quite continental
Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Living in a city as large as New York could make it very difficult for someone to be a telepath. You were constantly hearing all of those voices in your mind. It was almost enough to make someone go insane. Well, not for Emma. She was able to tune out most thoughts. To her, it was like listening to white noise. She could faintly make out the words if she was really paying attention, but most of the time she didn't bother. Most people weren't worth her intrusion.

This was a basic skill that all telepaths should have, not just the experts. It was something that she had needed to master early on after her powers had started to come in. So it wasn't something that bothered her now. And it most certainly hadn't bothered her in almost two decades.

The winter air was crisp and cold, but that didn't bother her any. She had decided to not take the car for once in her life. She wasn't exactly very fond of the dirt and grime in some of the lower neighborhoods of the city, but she needed to stretch her legs. She needed to get some fresh air too. She had a big meeting that she was needing to attend later in the evening in regards to the Hellfire Club. She was going to make the most of it, but first, she was thinking of making some stops to some of her favorite stores.

Emma walked past a young man with his jacket zipped up just past his nose. She paid him no mind. And yet as she passed him, she could hear everything. All of the thoughts of the people walking around her. It was overwhelming at first and she had to stop in her tracks, letting out a little bit of a noise of surprise. This was intense, far more intense than almost anything else she'd experienced in the last few years. She hadn't felt this kind of surge of power in a very, very long time. Not since... Astrid.

She turned and looked in the direction that she had come from, trying to discern what was happening to her right now. Her mind glanced over those that didn't seem to hold any relevant information, her eyes resting on the back of the man wearing the jacket. Her eyes narrowed. It felt like it was coming from him, but how could she be certain?

Who are you? She thought to the man.

Jonothon Starsmore

Chamber
Mutant
31 years old
6 posts
Feb 12 2018, 01:49 PM

Jono wasn't' even aware of the people he was passing, not really, he was too busy convincing himself that it would be easier to just do what they wanted then have to listen to them complain about it if he didn't do it. Too bad his ears were still well and truly attached. He couldn't talk and didn't breathe but he could hear everyone complaining just fine.

Who are you?

The words floated through his mind in a way he immediately recognized as not being spoken but rather psychically asked and he stopped mid-step so he could look up at the faces in front of him. Not a single one seemed to even notice him except to skirt around the guy that was now holding up the flow of foot traffic, and he turned to look over his shoulder.

He was pretty sure it had been a woman. The voices never really sounded like the people unless he knew what they should sound like, but it had a feminine ring to it. Sure enough his eyes eventually landed on a blonde woman that was staring rather intently at him, and glanced around again just to be sure before he reached out and asked, "That's you, innit?" It was, at best, a mumble but it was enough people could hear him. As much as he helped other psychics his own handle on his powers was tenuous lately.

Emma Frost

The White Queen
Mutant
30 years old
32 posts
Feb 14 2018, 06:17 PM

Of course, it's me. There aren't many people that can talk in your mind, is there? Emma thought sarcastically. She knew that she should probably be minding her manners, but she couldn't help it. If this man was a telepath himself, then he would know the difference between glancing at someone's thoughts versus actively speaking to her. That and no one else was actually looking at him.

She was the only one.

Emma suddenly realized that people were starting to pay attention to the two of them because they had both stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and were now just staring at one another without saying a single word to each other. It was times like this that reminded her most people couldn't communicate telepathically. Right. They were sticking out like sore thumbs.

Emma cleared her throat and she stepped up right next to the young man and she slipped her arm in his. She actually physically faltered a little as her mind seemed to open up even more to the people around her. It took even more focus to shut the thoughts and voices out. It was disconcerting and yet the sensation was intoxicating. She needed to figure out more about what he was doing to her to make her telepathy amplify the way it was.

Walk with me, Darling. We'll attract less attention this way. She thought to him as she started leading the way down the sidewalk. He was a new puzzle that she was going to find the solution to. And she was going to make him her own, one way or another.

Jonothon Starsmore

Chamber
Mutant
31 years old
6 posts
Feb 16 2018, 09:32 AM

Aren't many....? "I talk in everyone's head." To be fair at the mansion he knew what, twenty people that were at least some level of psychic, and he had a habit of drawing them into mental conversations when they were alone because what was the difference? It wasn't like he could speak out loud anyway.

Before he could explain that, however, she was walking toward him and moved to put an arm around his. Ever the battery for the schools telepaths and telekintetics he didn't flinch away, although he leaned a little so his torso was farther from her arm.

He didn't do it intentionally he just knew that the few times someone had accidently cone in contact with whatever he was now, they hadn't been thrilled. He imagined no one would be to happy having their powers suddenly up to 11.

"Less attention?" He glanced around as if suddenly realizing there were other people. His particular brand of telepathy wasn't the kind where he could read minds so a crowd generally went unnoticed. It wasn't like he didn't know people were there it was just inconsequential, and it wasn't like they cared who or what he was in most cases. "Your heads gonna hurt if you keep touching me." He added absently, because if there was one thing he's learned in a school full of kids that couldn't use their powers just yet it was that being too close made telepathy uncomfortable eventually.

Emma Frost

The White Queen
Mutant
30 years old
32 posts
Feb 17 2018, 05:44 PM

Maybe so. But think about it when it comes to the general population. People that are capable of telepathy are few and far between. Emma thought critically to him. She knew that telepathy seemed to be a little more popular among the mutants, but it was still a rare ability. There weren't many people that had it as powerfully as she did. Maybe that was the better way to put it. There were definitely other telepaths out there, but very few were in the same league as Emma Frost.

She glanced over her shoulder at some of the people that had been staring at them. It seemed like they were starting to lose interest and she smiled a little bit to herself. She turned her attention back to her new friend. Well, perhaps friend was a very strong word. He was going to be an associate by the time she was done with him.

It might not be weird to you and me, but most people don't just stare at another person without saying anything in the middle of the sidewalk. It's best we get out of public so we can have a more private conversation, don't you think? Emma thought to him.

He didn't really have much of a choice in the matter.

A smile spread across her lips as he warned her that her head was going to hurt if she kept touching him. Don't worry about me. I am more worried about getting to know you a little bit better. Who are you?

Jonothon Starsmore

Chamber
Mutant
31 years old
6 posts
Feb 19 2018, 11:31 AM

She seemed to think he didn't spend most of his life doing this anymore. It wasn't by choice and it wasn't like he enjoyed just standing in a room and having to shout int people's head to get them all to hear him, but it was pretty par for the course. Her suggestion of a private conversation would have gotten a grin or a little laugh if he had the facial features and organs to do that, "We're talking in our heads, how much more private can we get?"

He was clumsy with his telepathy though, so she had a point. The more people that were around them the more likely there was to be bleed over, and if they were actively talking about it, or 'talking' about it, accidents could happen.

"Chamber." What other name was he supposed to give? He wasn't Jonothon, his body was but had he ever really been Jono? Who knew anymore. So he went by the code name that they had given him at the mansion because it was as close to an explanation of who he was as he was likely to get. He highly doubted, given her powers, that she actually wanted to know him all that much. So he was a pessimist, sue him.

He realized they were going the exact opposite direction he was supposed to be going, but he also knew he didn't care, so he didn't try to pull away from her. "Who are you by the way? I feel like calling you bird won't go too well."

Emma Frost

The White Queen
Mutant
30 years old
32 posts
Feb 22 2018, 02:04 AM

"Please, darling. There is such a thing as the atmosphere. Clearly, you have never heard of such a thing. I'm not fond of having such important conversations, even those like our particular method, in public." Emma actually physically responded to him. She smiled a little though because she was all for sitting down in a nice plush room and having a business conversation there. She just hated all of the dirt and grime on the streets.

Emma glanced over her shoulder once more, pleased that no one seemed to be looking at them too closely. They could continue their conversation mentally, she just didn't want to attract more attention than necessary while she got to the bottom of her new friend.

Chamber. So I assume that's your codename rather than your actual name? At least it's simple enough. Though it brings more questions as to why you chose it. Emma responded. Her own codename was her role in the Hellfire Club. She was the White Queen of the Inner Circle of the New York City branch. It was a title that she had taken from the White Queen before her. A petty woman who hadn't had the power to keep it.

Emma Frost. Feel free to refer to me as such. Or White Queen if you would prefer. She replied coolly to his question. Frankly, she didn't care what he called her as long as he was respectful about it. Especially because now she was certain they were about to become very good friends.

Jonothon Starsmore

Chamber
Mutant
31 years old
6 posts
Feb 24 2018, 05:51 PM
What did atmosphere matter when you couldn't actually talk? He could have a conversation without being in a room w/o the someone, and judging by her abilities she could too. He hesitated, however, when she mentioned his name as a codename. ”No, I'm not him anymore, just Chamber.” it wasn't like this body that his parents had named Jonothon was him, or really him.

”I didn't.” Choose it, that was. He had been handed the moniker by the first lab tech to study him because of the massive hole in his body, but that wasn't really his favorite subject.

Her name was Emma. ”White queen?” He didn't press it but that felt like the sort of thing that had a hell of a back story to it. What it was didn't really matter, hell, none of it mattered, but he didn't imagine he was going to see much of her. Him being constantly depressed couldn't be much fun for psychics after all.

Emma Frost

The White Queen
Mutant
30 years old
32 posts
Mar 7 2018, 02:53 AM

"Ah, but see, you didn't tell me what your name used to be. All I know is what you have told me." Emma said audibly once more, if only because she didn't want people to look at them too closely. It would be a little odd for two people to be walking down the street arm in arm and not say anything to each other. She wanted to make it seem like they were old friends having an easy conversation. Her car should be around here somewhere though.

Then Chamber it is. Frankly, she didn't care what his name was. Or what it had been. It didn't matter to her because she didn't care enough to remember it anyway. But she supposed that if she wanted to get him on her side, she was going to show at least a little bit of kindness.

Ugh.

You don't even know what the White Queen is? I suppose I can't say I am surprised. I am one of the leaders of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club. It's an organization made up of some of the most powerful men and women on the planet, both literally and figuratively. She practically purred into his mind.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by