welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Second Chances, Liz/Erik

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Sep 10 2017, 09:56 PM
WE ALL ARE LIVING IN A DREAM,
BUT LIFE AIN'T WHAT IT SEEMS

The last several months had been hard. It was strange how she could be surrounded by people that she fought alongside and trained with on a daily basis. And yet she still felt so alone. There were things that she tried not to talk to even Pietro about because she knew he would just try to keep her held back where she could be safe. And she loved and appreciated him for it. She knew that he was willing to risk anything for her and she would do the same for him. But she needed to work things out on her own. She needed to figure out what was going on in her head before her doubts and fears became worse.

Her brother was a strong personality and she knew that as much as he loved her, she knew he couldn't possibly stand the way that she had been pulling away from him emotionally and physically over the last few months. She had pulled away from everyone around her. Not just her brother. She felt betrayed and alone. She had known nothing but love from her parents and then when she had lost them, she had lost a very large part of her heart. She had been willing to try and destroy the Avengers because of their deaths. When she had learned that not only had they adopted the twins but had decided to lie about it, she had become very conflicted. She didn't know how to feel.

And Erik Lehnsherr was her real father. Magneto. The mutant terrorist.

She had been needing to get control of her emotions. It wasn't so easy. Her powers were fueled by her doubts and the fact that she was so confused and was hurting had made them harder to control than normal. She'd hidden away from the world as much as she could. She didn't want to hurt anyone because she wasn't capable of being in control of her powers. She just wanted to figure out how she was supposed to feel.

It had been a few months since they had last met. She was the one that had reached out to Erik. She wanted to meet with him. She felt as though she wasn't going to get the closure that she needed until she spoke with him again. So she made plans to meet with him in a public space that was away from the tower. It was a neutral place that neither one should feel threatened in.

Wanda had been wandering through a museum that chronicled the history of America. Why had she come here? Honestly, it just seemed like the closest place that would give her the quiet atmosphere that she wanted for this meeting. She stood staring at a display of the American flag and different other documents and photos. It was no surprise that part of the museum had an exhibit dedicated to Captain America. She had been standing there in her own thoughts when she noticed that it was unusually quiet, even for a museum. She turned her head and looked around the room carefully. He was here. She could sense him.

"I wasn't sure if you were going to show up." Wanda said as she looked down at her hands as she began picking at the sleeve of her jacket a bit. She seemed... off. She was vulnerable. She looked rough. She hadn't been sleeping well and it showed on her face. She barely looked him in the eye and she glanced around at the other patrons of the museum.

Erik Lehnsherr

years old
0 posts
Sep 10 2017, 11:47 PM
And for every king that died,
Oh they would crown another.
Erik had been a little surprised to hear from Wanda that she wanted to meet. Still, he'd agreed in no time, somewhat curious but mostly feeling optimistic that his daughter had reached out to him. Surely that was a good sign, she'd had every chance to lose his number and hadn't taken them. They'd agreed to meet at a museum, and he'd shown up a bit early to watch the outside for anyone who might be posted there, plainsclothes or not. While he didn't want to think of his daughter like that, decades of caution won out in the end. But fortunately nothing had happened.

He found her in one of the exhibits, a hall that was deserted of other visitors. For a moment he wondered if she'd done that intentionally or not before deciding that it didn't matter. Although he did think she would have known something about this Captain America by now, about the Steve Rogers that everyone seemed to so respect. She lived in the same building as the man, after all. He would guess that that counted for something. But regardless of her choice in venue, he didn't approach her at first, assuming her powers would pick up on his presence.

"You're my daughter," he stated when Wanda mentioned her uncertainty. For him, that was the end-all, be-all. Did his daughter want or need him to be present? Then that was where he would be. He'd certainly spent long enough not knowing the twins were alive to slack off now. Not that Wanda seemed to hold that opinion of him, but Erik rarely professed to know what she was thinking. She was a very unique young woman, and not only because of her mutation or because she was his child.

"What's wrong? he asked. "You look like you haven't slept and you keep watching everyone else." Might as well delve into the center of things right way. Because if someone was threatening her, Erik could likely do something about that threat, what with his mutation and all. And he certainly wasn't anxious at the thought of losing another daughter to a painful death.

Generally he didn't speak with much tact, but he sounded concerned more than anything else. Concerned that she was sick or in danger, perhaps, or at least more danger than Avengers' day-to-day lives contained. He'd already promised to be available whenever he was asked for, for either twin, but he hadn't been sure that he'd been taken seriously. After all, he was still a stranger to them.

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Sep 15 2017, 04:58 PM

"You're my father by blood. I don't know you." Wanda said frankly. She didn't mean to be unkind, just honest. She figured that of all things, Erik would appreciate her being honest with him. When they had first met, she'd had a chance to see into his mind. She had seen a few of the things that he had been through in his life and it had been revealing. While she didn't condone the things that he had done, she could understand why he had done it. Surviving through the horrors that he had, she could understand why he hated humanity so much.

She could understand almost all of it. That didn't mean that he should resort to the violence that he did. Or the fact that he was very vocal about his desire to wipe out humanity and leave Earth for the mutants. It was ironic because if he got what he wanted, then he would be dooming his own children. A little fact that she didn't think he was aware of, but that didn't matter now.

Wanda had the best of intentions for this meeting. She hadn't called him and asked him to meet with her so that she could try and make an attempt on his life. She wouldn't have done that even if she hated him. She had made a vow that she was never going to take another life, no matter what. That extended to Erik as well.

The thing was that she genuinely wanted to get to know him. Maybe she could steer him in a better direction. This man was her father. He was one of the most powerful mutants on the planet and he was the only blood relation that she had aside from her brother. She wanted that connection even if she was afraid of what could happen. Magneto wasn't a kind man from what she knew. She had heard plenty of things over the years about the acts that he had made in the name of bettering mutantkind.

"I never slept well after what happened to my parents. I've suffered from nightmares my whole life, but it's gotten worse since I got these powers." Wanda said as she looked down at her hands. She closed her eyes and clenched her fists to try and clear her mind. This was not a good time to start losing herself.

"I'm sorry. I have been having a hard time with my powers over the last few months. Learning that my parents lied to me has made things very difficult. Everything that I've known has now been altered because of that revelation. There was a point that I was willing to destroy the Avengers in an act of revenge for Tony Stark's part in their deaths. But to know they weren't my parents?" Wanda's voice cracked. She was so torn on how to feel.

Erik Lehnsherr

years old
0 posts
Sep 15 2017, 07:11 PM
"Blood speaks," Erik answered with a slight shrug. She knew what he'd done for the sake of family he'd lost. It wasn't unreasonable for him to be protective of the children he still had. He didn't take offense to her tone or words, understanding her reasons for being unsure about him and what he'd offered her. "And there'd be no point in getting to know me if I fail to be here for you." Or her brother.

Doubtlessly the conversation in which she told him that she was human herself, as well as her brother, would be full of drama. Especially if it was timed with his public dramatics. Just because he'd let it settle for years didn't mean that it wouldn't be easy to return to his paths of destruction. Whatever threatened his people, he would fight against it, and collateral damage had never been an issue before. He'd never had family to worry about, at least not at the time he'd been off killing.

"Power often comes with pain," Erik told her. "Handling them both at the same time is hard. For some, it always will be, no matter how much they try. But I believe in you. Your powers and what you've done with them so far are extraordinary." With further training, he had full confidence that she would become one of the most powerful mutants of their time. It was how she'd handle the responsibility of those powers, the nightmares, the fear, the pain - that would determine the true strength of her abilities.

"You don't have to apologise, Wanda," he said quietly. "Having your childhood uprooted and destroyed is something hard to cope with. Your reaction is better than mine, all things considered. And you'll always have Pietro and me to turn to." Even if she might not want to have him in her family, Erik wouldn't abandon his children, even if they wanted him to do just that. With Charles gone, they were all that he had left.

"Even if your parents may have lied to you, they loved you, and you loved them." Sure, Erik had never met them, but for their deaths to have such an impact on her, he knew that there had been a strong attachment. And he wished that he'd somehow been there to protect her from what had happened afterwards. They hadn't spoken much about it yet, but he knew that it had to have been hard for both of them, nearly unsurvivable. "Loss commonly destabilizes control. You'll come through it." With her abilities, she would have to.

"Wanda, they loved you. Even if they weren't related to you, they were your parents. They filled that role with no concern for whether or not you were born to them. I'm your blood but I don't know you. They knew you but weren't your blood." If he had to choose between them of who was better suited to be her family, Erik might not say it, but he'd know that he'd have no right to choose himself.

"You are stronger than I am, Wanda. When I lost my parents, I was determined to bring down the rest of the world, and I wouldn't be turned from that. Even if it took you some time, you've chosen the better path." She'd outdone him, and Erik was proud of her for doing it. He wouldn't have turned away from a partner in domination, but given the chance to turn his children to safety, he'd do it if he could. He knew he would have lived through much less chaos and pain had he done the same at her age, or later, but he had also made his choice believing he had nothing left and never would.

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Sep 15 2017, 07:36 PM

Wanda took a breath to try and calm herself. She'd already lost control back in the tower before she had come here. She didn't want to lose it here. She didn't need the general population knowing that one of the Avengers wasn't able to control her powers. And the worst part was knowing that she was one of the more powerful members of the team. The media didn't seem to like her as it was. They didn't need the extra ammunition against her.

She wanted to tell him that she wasn't a mutant. She hadn't said that she was, but she knew that he automatically assumed so because he was one. Hell, from what she understood, he was one of the most powerful mutants currently alive. Why wouldn't he assume that his children were like him? She didn't want to think about how he was going to react when he found out. Her powers hadn't come from a natural mutation. Rather they had been the result of experiments that had been done on her with a cosmic source.

"If there was ever a way that I could trade my powers for the pain that I have had to endure, I would take it every single time. The pain that I have lived through in this life is..." Wanda shook her head slowly. Her pain was nothing compared to his own. She didn't have a right to even mention her pain. She took another breath and she unclenched her fists.

With as much confusion as she had been feeling over the last few months, she felt oddly calm around Erik at the moment. Her mind wasn't going into overdrive nearly as badly as she had been afraid of. There was hope this meeting might go off without a hitch.

She gave him a thin smile at his praise. Was it praise? She wasn't certain. "My reaction was to force Tony Stark to see his worst fear so that he could take a powerful cosmic weapon and use it to create a robot that ended up destroying my city of birth and nearly destroy the world in the process. I might not have done the same things that you have, but I have still done things that can't be forgiven. It's for the best, really."

She had made some mistakes that had cost people their lives. She had learned better from those mistakes, but it didn't change the fact that she was never going to be able to truly make up for them. She tried every day but even being an Avenger didn't wash away the horrible things that she had done.

The Witch decided she needed to move. She figured that Erik would follow her. She began to wander out of the room and she crossed her arms over her chest. She didn't want to let the conflicting feelings get the better of her. She didn't want to show him just how unstable she had been since he'd revealed himself to her. "Either way, I didn't ask you to come here just to talk about painful things. I wanted to give you a chance to be my father. I can't say that Pietro will ever come around to the idea, but you're the only family I have aside from my brother. I want to at least give you the chance."

Erik Lehnsherr

years old
0 posts
Sep 16 2017, 03:23 PM
Erik had honestly not really considered that the twins weren't mutants. They were powered, and since neither of them talked much about how that had happened, his natural assumption had been that they were mutants. What were the chances that it was something else, really? Nina had had her mutation, Anya had been too young to really know, but he'd always assumed that she had also been a mutant, not that he believed that humans would have spared her just because she was also human.

"It's understandable to feel like that," Erik agreed. "There were times... when I'd lost... and I wondered if I felt like that too. Especially after Anya." That had been the hardest time in his life, hands down. Even though other pains had seemed sharper at the moment they'd happened, nothing had ever compared to that afternoon. And the day had started out so normal, so benign. Looking back, there hadn't even been any signs of what was going to happen. Just another sign of human unpredictability and cruelty.

He wouldn't deny that he'd endured more than Wanda had, in the grand scale of things. But he'd never let her invalidate her feelings just because of someone else's. And would have some very firm feelings about anyone that tried to tell her so. It would just be hard to have that discussion one on one, considering the differences (and similarities) in their histories. No matter what, though, he would always encourage her to bring her troubles to him. Even if it was hard to hear them.

"Your reaction was borne out of love. Love that was taken away from you far too soon. It wasn't a bad reaction to have. One that might have been dramatic, but, perhaps, out of the best intentions. And Tony Stark was the one who took your parents' lives. Being angry at him wasn't at all unreasonable. But you just felt like you pushed it too far." Erik wasn't entirely sure he agreed with that, but he also had never met Tony Stark to know whether or not the man deserved to be killed... apart from the fact that he was a human. And that he had nearly cost Erik's children their lives.

"For the best that you were in pain and lost your parents and nearly yourself and your brother at an early age? That you were pushed by your emotions to do things you regretted? I'd rather you never came to knew me and had a happy life with your parents. We've been on opposite sides of the same loss, but that doesn't invalidate what either of us have felt." Maybe it made them understand each other better.

When she started moving off, Erik was quick to follow. He put his hands in his pockets, glancing around at the various items in the exhibit as they went but paying no attention to them compared to Wanda. She was far more important. And he was a little worried about her now, with her attitude so far, and her seemingly darker thoughts. He always worried about her, and he always would. Not that he'd ever expected to be in this situation but here they were.

"Any time you need to talk, you can ask me, Wanda. It doesn't matter what about. Sometimes the pain is what we need to speak about. We need to know that there's just one person out there that's willing to listen." For him, it had been Charles, but now that man was gone. Rogue had filled the gap for a bit, but after their breakup, well... And he didn't want to burden his kids with any of his issues. Clearly they had their own, whether they wanted to admit it or not.

Pietro would likely never fully come around to the idea of Erik being faster. Just like Erik would never fully blame him for being antagonistic about that. He'd left them both to a lot of pain and hardships. And he wasn't sure that he would ever forgive himself for doing that. Sure, he had no way of knowing... But if he'd bothered to put aside his hatred and prejudice, and just look for Magda, believing that she was alive... Everything could have been so, so different. Taking his mind off that what-if's and could-have-been's was hard and he didn't always manage to do it.

"The chance is more than I deserve," he admitted. "But I'm glad for it. We might be strangers, still, but I love you, Wanda. The only thing that matters is that you and Pietro are my children. Anything else you are, anything else you've done, is immaterial." She wouldn't be able to change that they were family, and even if things between them never developed into a relationship, Erik highly doubted that he would ever stop being proud of her.

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Sep 18 2017, 07:14 PM

"The pain that I have had to live in this life might not be compared to the pain that others have experienced, but even so. There are things that I have endured that I would never wish on even my greatest enemies." Wanda began picking at one of her sleeves again. She was speaking about the experiments, even though she didn't say it out loud. The twins had volunteered for the experiments, but they had been some of the worst pain that she had ever gone through. The Mind Stone was a powerful cosmic source and she could still remember the way that it had reached into her mind and dragged out every painful memory.

The trauma of waking up that first night after suffering memories of when her parents had been killed had been bad enough. The nightmares had been so real. It felt like she was actually ten years old again and she was having to watch them go down through the hole as she held a hand out to them and screaming. She had wanted to save them so badly.

And then she had woken up with the worst pain in her head that she had ever felt before in her life. The pressure had been immense and it had reminded her of when the Mind Stone's power had been branching out into her memories. Except now that sensation was forever stuck in her brain. It was like she had to live with that blasted stone always causing her pain. She couldn't get rid of it.

The voices had been the worst part. They were screaming at her. There were other people that had been taken for the experiments and she could hear them screaming in torment while they were tortured by the HYDRA agents. They were all going to die and she knew it. She had gripped her head and she had screamed until her voice gave out. In those first few weeks, she had remained hoarse because the pain was too much. She had continued to scream and cry for as long as she possibly could. Eventually, she learned how to block out the voices and she became numb to the pain.

Wanda wandered through the museum a little bit, not wanting to see the way that people were watching her right now. She didn't like feeling like she was being watched, but she was an Avenger. She was a public figure. Maybe it was the paranoia in her, but she felt like they could see the confusion and pain going on in her mind. She felt like they were judging her. She felt like they all of her dirty laundry and she glanced around the room. It was sparsely filled and no one was really looking at them too much. If Erik caught her eyes, he would likely catch the fact that they were glowing.

"The things that we have lived through don't excuse our actions. I lost my parents but that doesn't excuse the horrible things that I have done. It doesn't take away the fact that I am the reason Ultron was created. It also doesn't take away the lives that have been lost because of me. The guilt I carry on my shoulders every day will never go away." Wanda said softly.

She reached up and she hugged herself tightly. She stopped just in front of a display of one of Captain America's old costumes. It had been brought here for a short duration while it was toured throughout the country. It was odd, given that the man was seen as an international criminal, but it also seemed too disrespectful to completely wash away all the good that he had done. She turned her head and looked at it. It was encased in a glass case. She raised a hand and pressed her fingertips to the glass.

"If Steven was still with the Avengers, maybe I'd feel better. He always had a way of talking to me. He made it easier to live with things and reminded me that it wasn't all my fault. I could go to Pietro, but I don't want to burden him with my own problems." Her free hand fell limp at her side. Erik was offering to let her talk to him, she turned her head to look at him, unsure for a moment.

Wanda hesitated and then she slowly held her free hand out to him. "We're both being given second chances, aren't we, Father?"

Erik Lehnsherr

years old
0 posts
Sep 18 2017, 10:35 PM
"I have never seen a hero develop without pain. And regardless of what you've done in the past, it's your current actions that tell who you are. Your Avenges have accepted you, after all." Or so she'd said, Erik remained a little suspicious of them. But if he'd stopped to think about it, he'd realise that he would have been that way over any of his children that he'd found housed among humans. He still didn't trust any of the other Avengers, well, except for her brother Pietro. So far it seemed that she did, so he was willing to not be an asshole about it... for now.

He eyed everyone in the room as they walked through it, not obviously suspicious to the average civilian. But Wanda would likely notice that he kept a little close to her, just in case. After all, the truth of them being strangers aside, she was still his daughter. The last thing he wanted was for her to get harmed while he was there and supposed to be able to protect her. Erik wasn't at all sure that he could handle losing another daughter, especially not after Anya. Watching her die had been beyond all other pain.

'Maybe not in your eyes. And maybe not an excuse, though certainly a reason. Hurting often brings a desire to harm others I suppose it's natural." Both humans and mutants were funny breeds, and he'd never professed to know the machinations of the brains of either. He had no desire to search for reasons or excuses or what have you when it came to Wanda, however. She was his daughter. "Perhaps that guilt is an inextricable part of you now. But you have the strength to thrive under any conditions, Wanda."

When she stopped in front of one of the cases, then reached up to touch it, Erik raised an eyebrow. That seemed... somewhat intimate. Dear Lord, his daughter didn't have a crush, did she? Sure, she was an adult, and most certainly her own person... but she was also his little girl, she wasn't supposed to be dating until she was forty at the very youngest. Possibly fifty. He and Wanda hadn't gotten around to discussing relationships, really, although he'd mentioned that both his wives had died and his relationship to Charles had been doomed to the same end.

"You and Steve sound... close?" he suggested. He wasn't trying to sound disapproving, but he had a feeling he sounded that way a little regardless. Fathers were naturally against whoever their children dated. There was absolutely no reason for him to encourage some man that might be eyeing his daughter. And he certainly hoped that no idiots had such ideas. To be honest, he was not against his daughter having friends, even close friends, of the opposite gender. It was just. Boyfriends. He had no idea how to break that subject, however.

"Pietro would listen to anything you have to say, Wanda. Just like I would. I meant it when I said that you could call me any time. Being alone won't help you with your pain." Something he knew from very unfortunate experience. And it was the last thing he wanted for his beloved daughter. "If you're making close friends with your teammates, that's a good thing." Which wasn't entirely something he was against, whether her teammates were human or not. As long as Wanda was safe and happy...

The offer of her hand was met with a smile, and he took it, pressing a brief kiss to the back of her hand. "We most certainly are." He squeezed her hand gently only to let go, putting an arm around her shoulders for a moment. "I'm always here whenever you need me, kochanie. You have my word." Erik could never turn his back on her if she needed him, or just wanted to talk.

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Sep 19 2017, 12:08 AM

"Most of the Avengers have pasts that are at least somewhat similar to my own. Tony Stark's weapons have killed thousands if not millions of people. Black Widow and Hawkeye were assassins. The Hulk is hardly a being of peace. Thor is an immortal warrior and has killed." Wanda frowned softly. She'd heard it argued that the Avengers were just liars and thieves and murderers. And maybe to an extent, they were right. She knew that she had hurt a lot of people. But the Avengers were also doing what they could to make the world a better place. They were the first group of superheroes to do so.

Each one had lived through their pain and it was part of the reason that they continued to fight the good fight. She wasn't close to many of them, but she respected every one of them. They all pasts that they wanted to leave behind to try and make up for the things that they had done. Or there were some aspects of their pasts that they didn't want or need to dwell on anymore. They all had that one aspect in common. They were all men and women who had lived through horrific things and it had changed them into the heroes they were now.

Wanda was in no danger from the people in the museum. She had faced so much worse in her time since she had gotten her powers. She didn't think that anyone here could possibly harm her aside from Erik himself, and she knew that unless she attacked her, he wasn't going to lash out at her. If someone was bold and stupid enough to attack the pair, they would have two very powerful people defending themselves.

Attacking Wanda and Erik was a terrible idea. A part of her wanted to open her mind to read their thoughts, but she decided not to. She didn't just read people unless she felt she had a reason to. No one here was being suspicious.

"Revenge only makes you blind to the consequences of your actions. It wasn't until I knew what Ultron had planned that I realized that I had made a mistake. And then because of my greed and my need for revenge, I almost lost the single most important thing in my life. If Pietro had died that day, it would have been my fault." And there it was. It was one of the biggest of her demons that constantly haunted her. She had almost lost her brother and it was all her damn fault. If she hadn't meddled with Stark's mind...

Her relationship with Steven was difficult to describe. They were good friends. Before he had left the team and gone underground, he had taken his own personal time to get to know her and the other new recruits better. He'd taken the time to train her and she'd felt safe around him. He had never judged her. When he'd left the team, there had been a hole in her life. Vision had helped fill it, but it hadn't been the same.

And then she had run into Steven by chance. She hadn't been expecting to see him, but she'd been so happy to see him again. She'd gone against every rule in the book and she had been keeping in touch with him for the last few months. He was one of the only people that knew Erik was her father. She had told him because she needed to tell someone that she knew wouldn't look at her differently.

She inhaled softly as she heard his question. "Steven is a good friend of mine. He helped me in ways that not even Pietro can. When he left the Avengers, a part of me left with him. I believed in him and I still do. I didn't stay with the Pro-Registration side because I believed in it. I stayed because Tony saved Pietro and I can't... I can't ever repay that debt. He saved my brother and he will always have my gratitude and loyalty for it."

"I know he would listen, Father. And that's the problem. I don't want to burden him more than I already have. I've had to rely on him for strength for so long. He doesn't need to be burdened by me any longer." She said softly.

Erik Lehnsherr

years old
0 posts
Sep 19 2017, 12:48 AM
"Perhaps having those things in common helps your team understand each other where nothing else could. It's the same in the mutant world. When someone has a pain in common with you, you understand each other better." Even Charles had had his own dark past, and while Erik would have wished otherwise, it had helped them both put some things in perspective.

Maybe she thought that revenge wasn't the answer, but Erik had a feeling that that would be something they eternally disagreed on. For once he kept quiet about his opinions, not wanting to upset her further. It seemed like she was already fighting with some doubts and lingering pain. "I wish I could take that pain from you," he said softly, hoping his words didn't come off hollow. But she seemed to be a little more preoccupied on her near loss.

"It wouldn't entirely be your fault," he pointed out. "Pietro made his own choices as an independent man. And he wouldn't have blamed you either. Your brother is an outstanding young man. I'm not saying your concern's not valid. But he would do anything for you without a single word of protest or blame, because he wouldn't blame you. He loves you." Both of them had that, at least, in common.

"A good friend," he repeated. "That sounds nice." Not entirely like some kind of boyfriend, either. But he was happy that she was settling into her Avengers life happily. "It sounds like Steven doesn't hold your 'side' against you. You may want to ask yourself if Tony is the same. I understand loyalty for the sake of a life saved, but sometimes you have to choose what's best for yourself and your family regardless of where your loyalties should lie." It was a very human way to think, but at times, it was the right way. Or so it seemed.

"Honey, you're never a burden to people who love you. You might make them face things they don't want to, or ask them to make a hard choice. But sometimes that's hardly a bad thing." While he and his daughter had different views, and he suspected that both of them differed from Pietro, he knew that his son's love for his daughter matched his own. "And I imagine that you've done quite a lot for your brother as well."

Erik brushed a hand through her hair, kissing the side of her head. "I trust you to make the right choices, Wanda, always. You're a brilliant young woman with a strong moral compass." Of that he had absolutely no doubt. The way she'd handled herself in the past might have not been up to her own standards, but Erik fully believed that her current behaviour more than made up for her past mistakes.

"Your brother and I are incredibly lucky to have you in our family. Even if I may not deserve either of you." Although he'd never say a word against the twins themselves. In all honesty, Erik had the highest respect for their loyalty for each other, not to mention that he admired both of them for many reasons.

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Oct 5 2017, 04:46 PM

"The reason that I do this is so that no one else has to ever suffer the same way that I did. No child should have to watch her parents be killed right in front of her. If I can help even one person, then I guess it was worth it." All of that pain that she had lived through. After all of the hardships that she and her brother had faced. That was the reason that she was a hero now. She didn't want anyone to suffer the same way that she had.

Wanda lifted her head and she looked over at him. It was odd that he wished he could take the pain away. As much as she wished that was possible, she knew it wasn't. And as even more painful as it was, she wouldn't be the person that she was now without that trauma in her life. She would have probably met a young man and gotten married and would have had a few kids by now. She would be a much different person and it was hard to think of how one event in her life ending differently could reshape her entire identity.

"You say that, but I wonder if Pietro would have still almost died if I hadn't been so foolish to play with forces that I didn't actually understand." She frowned softly and looked down at the floor. It was painful because Pietro was so, so important to her. Of course, he had made his own decisions. He had been the one that had decided to put himself in between the bullets and Clint and the boy. He'd been a true hero. But she still could only blame herself for him having been forced into that situation in the first place.

Her nose wrinkled a little bit. He was right about one thing. Her brother would do anything for her, just like she would do for him. The two of them were so deeply important that she had no doubt in her mind that they would kill to keep each other safe.

"Steven and I have similar ideas. I was on his side when it came to the Registration Act. The only reason I followed Tony was that he saved Pietro. How do you repay that kind of debt? Pietro isn't just my brother or my twin. He's... like my other half. We share a soul. A heart. No matter how much I may have disagreed, there was nothing that I could have done to leave the Avengers then." It was a flawed logic, and she understood that. But she also knew that if she were forced to make the decision again, she would have changed nothing.

"I would kill to keep my brother safe, especially after I almost lost him to my own stupidity." Wanda's tone of voice was darker than normal. There was a flash of scarlet in her eyes. She meant it. It wasn't a threat. It was a promise. Anyone that tried to hurt the people she cared about was going to face the full wrath of the Scarlet Witch, and that was a dangerous thing to face against. She was powerful and not entirely in control of her abilities. She would make anyone that tried to harm Pietro pay dearly.

Erik began showing her affection that she imagined a father would show his daughter. It was so odd to her because this was a man that she had only heard of a few times in her life. And then six months ago he had shown up and announced to her that he was her real father. Her biological father. She had doubted his intentions when he had first revealed himself. Why now? Why hadn't he come forward sooner? She reached up to touch the back of his hand and she looked up at him with sorrowful green eyes.

She raised her hand to wipe away the tears that were trying to form in her eyes. She didn't want to cry right now. Not when she was in public. She smiled softly. "Maybe you don't deserve us, but I'm willing to give you a chance."

Erik Lehnsherr

years old
0 posts
Oct 17 2017, 10:40 PM
"Motivation can easily carry you too far. Everything I did as Magneto was because of the way that I suffered. I wanted to keep humans from hurting or killing other mutants the way they'd killed my family. Of course, that's all things that you know." He'd been clear with both his reasoning and his lack of regret for most of his actions. "But I will say that you've done a much better job of things than I did. Especially considering the strength and scope of your powers."

He nodded a little at the specific scenario Wanda mentioned turning over in her mind. "Your brother is as much a hero as you are. If you'd come across that happening and had nothing to do with it, he probably still would have made the same choice. The facts are that you won't always be able to protect him, whether the two of you would like it or not. And the closer you are, the more desperate you will be to keep each other safe. We can't change those kinds of feelings." When Erik was close to someone at times over the years, he had pulled many inadvisable actions for the purpose of protecting the loved one in question. Sometimes too much, he'd admit that, but little he regretted.

"Charles would have said that it would be necessary that you follow your personal ethics regardless of the logic or sense of your choice. I didn't always agree on him with that, in fact, I used to tease him by saying that that sort of reasoning absolved what I'd done. But I think you're making the right choice for yourself, regardless of others' opinions. People who judge you rarely have any idea what you've gone through to shape the way you think and act." And it never ceased to amaze him how someone who had never gone through hardships felt they were qualified to condemn the actions of someone who had suffered the unimaginable.

It was slightly surprising to hear the darker tone as she spoke about keeping Pietro safe even if it meant killing. Maybe she was more his daughter than he'd thought. "Of course you would, you love him. And I have no doubt he'd do the same. I don't know a single person that would want to go up against the two of you together. You're quite the team." Even Erik himself wouldn't be particularly excited about fighting them on a purely powers-vs-powers basis, let alone considering that they were his children.

Erik was well aware that Wanda had questions about him. And likely concerns and reservations, especially with some very public misbehaviour in the past. He'd like to be able to promise her that he'd never return to that, but realistically he knew that such a guarantee would end up falling flat. Someone would also target mutants and Erik would always go to stand against them. For his family's sake, he'd try to tone it down, but he'd never tried to pretend he was anything close to a model citizen. He had no control over whether others accepted what he'd done and why. But in general he didn't have any reason to care.

"Which is something I will always be grateful for," he answered. "Family is a far greater force than any being, whether the individuals in question want it to be or not. Even if you and your brother turn out to not want anything to do with me, there will still be a type of bond between us and I will still answer to it if either of you are in danger." The condition their relationship was in would never be something he'd stop to consider if either of the Maximoff twins were in danger.

words:

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Oct 20 2017, 06:22 PM

"I haven't been through the same kind of pain that you have. Or lived through the same horrors." Wanda began carefully. She had to word what she said next very carefully because she knew that saying the wrong thing could anger him. She'd seen into his mind and his memories. He'd been through horrible pain. He had lost his family twice because of the actions of a few humans. She wished that she could tell him that he was wrong, that his prejudice towards humans was wrong, but she knew she had to be careful.

After all, she was human too.

"But something I have learned through the years is that it doesn't matter what we are. Whether that be human, mutant, android, or alien. We're all human at our core. We could have the most fantastic abilities that this world and universe have ever seen or we could just be an ordinary person living their life. But we're all human. We're all capable of the greatest good and the greatest evil." Wanda said softly. And she firmly believed that.

"Humanity is beautifully flawed. We, and I say this in the general we of mutants and humans, are capable of some of the most miraculous things that I've ever seen. There are steps in sciences, art, and music that just amazing. Mutants have evolved to have abilities and powers that normal humans do not, but that doesn't make them inherently better." Wanda said again as she continued her way through the current exhibit that they were in. This was a conversation that she needed to be careful with because she was very aware of her father's views on humanity as a whole.

"Hatred isn't the way to fix hatred. I learned that the hard way with Ultron and it nearly cost me everything I loved." She sniffled a little bit as she tried to push those painful thoughts away. She wanted to give him her honest view on the world, and that meant that bringing up things that he might not agree with. It did make her feel a little guilty because she was hiding one very important fact from him that might change how he viewed the twins.

She let out a gentle exhale as she focused on the now. She was having an enlightening conversation with him if nothing else. She could feel that little feeling wriggling in the back of her mind though. She needed to tell him. It had to come from her. If he found out by chance from some other person or source, she knew that he might not be able to forgive her. She had to be honest with him if she was expecting him to be honest with her. Wanda liked to think that she was a truthful person, and that still extended to her father.

But what if he grew angry? What if he decided that he wanted nothing to do with his children once he discovered they weren't mutants like he was?

Wanda turned down a hall and into another exhibit that was deserted of anyone else. She bit her lip as she considered what she was about to do. They were in a public place. She was hoping that he wouldn't lose his temper and lash out at her when she told him the truth, but she going to be prepared, just in case. She stopped and stood in the middle of the room. "I don't think I've told you how Pietro and I got our powers."

She turned her head to look over her shoulder at Erik. This was the moment that could make or break whatever future relationship they might have. "HYDRA came to Novi Grad and they were looking for volunteers for experiments with the scepter Loki had when he invaded New York City. Every single volunteer that they had died. Every single one."

Just talking about HYDRA made the anger kick up in her. Her eyes were glowing fiercely. "Pietro and I tried for years to change the circumstances of Sokovia. We protested like everyone else. We tried to help in whatever ways we could. Pietro would steal food and clothing and medicine for people. When we heard of the experiments, we decided to volunteer ourselves. We thought that if we could get the powers that they were promising, we could finally do something. We could do more than just stand on the side and protest. We could make a real difference. And we could finally get the revenge we wanted so desperately against Tony Stark and the Avengers."

She closed her eyes and tipped her head back a little bit. "So we volunteered. We handed ourselves over to people that had murdered and slaughtered our people. Ironic, I suppose. They were a part of the Nazi party and the only two survivors of their experiments were of Jewish and Romani blood." She opened her eyes and looked out the nearest window. Her expression seemed distant like she was remembering the pain they had put the twins through.

"I remember every needle, scalpel cut, and every time they used that damn stone on me. I could feel it's power seeping into my mind and changing and altering it. I could feel it gripping tightly onto my negative emotions. And the pain. I have never felt anything like it. Then I woke up and I had these powers. Pietro had his powers. We were the only survivors of those experiments. We killed everyone involved with those experiments when we were with Ultron." She turned to finally look at Erik. She'd just admitted everything to him. They weren't mutants.

Erik Lehnsherr

years old
0 posts
Oct 31 2017, 04:33 PM
"I've thanked God for that every day since I knew I had you," Erik admitted. It wasn't typical of him to get emotional over everything - he was prone to keeping it all inside him until an explosion of pain and anger destroyed all around him. And it had certainly not always worked out for him, though of course he'd never admit that. Charles had confronted him almost incessantly about it, but of course, he'd never listened.

He listened with some interest as Wanda spoke of how she viewed the world. It was so strange, to think that they'd gone through similar things to have drastically opposing views. "So how do you think we use that humanity to choose for good or evil?" To be honest, he was expecting their views there to be different as well. For family, they weren't at all similar in a lot of things, though he expected that that was only natural considering that they'd never met each other until now.

"Genetically better doesn't always translate to inherently better," he agreed. "But I've seen far fewer mutants torturing and killing for the sake of torturing and killing, even with my own acts. We'll likely never agree on that. I don't expect to. You're quite stubborn, from what I've seen of you." Unlike his general tone in such instances, he used the adjective as a compliment rather than an insult. She reminded him of Magda in that respect, to be honest ,Nobody could make her change her mind once she'd made it up. And sometimes, ever so rarely, she had changed his mind. With anyone else, he'd be far more abrasive and assertive in his views, but he had no desire to risk alienating his daughter.

"You and your brother were extremely lucky to not have lost each other. I wouldn't have wanted to trust my sister to the circumstances the two of you survived." He knew he all but certainly would have lost her. And to have come through Auschwitz unscathed only to lose her to the streets... Well, he would have increased his body count much earlier than he already had. Besides the accidental deaths of the two men in Herr Doktor's office, he'd gone years without killing again. At first, he hadn't wanted to, he'd believed that he was nothing more than a murderous freak, but then his eyes had been opened. Then he'd come to his senses and realised what his powers could be used for.

At the strange phrasing of her powers, he tilted his head a little, trying to decipher her words. Got their powers? Mutants were born with their abilities, though the time those abilities manifested often varied. But to say it like that, she was speaking as if she hadn't been born a mutant - and what other explanation was there for her powers? There were humans and mutants, with the occasional Asgardian god thrown into the mix.

But she started sharing her story, his childrens' story, clearly intending to answer his unasked questions. Not for the first time, Erik's desire for blood was fanned into flame. He should have been there, should have been capable of protecting them, of standing in the way and daring any man to lay hand upon them. Instead he hadn't even known they were born because he'd driven their mother away with his own actions. Grief at losing their firstborn daughter, emotions she'd shared, but he'd taken it too far. With the benefit of hindsight, he knew that, but at the time, he'd only been able to feel, and feel too much.

"Doing what you thought was right. What would benefit your people. You did your best, Wanda, with what you knew at the time." Though similarities could, perhaps, be drawn between the two of them at this point, that wasn't what he was thinking at all. Instead he thought highly of her for choosing risk over inaction, and for staying by her brother's side. In the end, their choice might not have been the absolute best, but they had done what they thought was right. Erik would never fault them for that.

Even with the seriousness of the situation, he couldn't help a tiny bit of a smile at the irony of their survival. Sharing the blood and heritage as he did, having survived the Nazi's active attempts at destroying a whole people, he found it only just. And he dearly hoped that the bastards had found out while they had still been alive, because they would have all deserved it. He again half-wished that he'd been there, not for the least because it would have given him unbounded joy to kill those men where they stood and watch the streets run with their blood. What he had done in the name of his people was drastic, yes, but what more wouldn't he do in the name of his only living children after all the others had been destroyed?

The clear news that she and her brother weren't mutants, but enhanced humans, was something he never could have anticipated. He stopped dead, trying to wrap his mind around this new piece of information and honestly, completely unable to say how he felt about it. But not for one moment could he see his children, his reckless son and his fiery daughter, as the same breed of human that had taken so much from their own family.

"So you and Pietro are human," he said quietly. Then a pause, that seemed long even to him, and he turned to look at her closely for a moment. "And you are my children. My blood. I will not turn away from you for what you are, Wanda. You are as close to my heart now as you were yesterday." Wholly and unreservedly his beloved, and maybe it was a symptom of pure insanity that he was so willing to set them apart from the rest, but he couldn't see her any differently.

words:

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
607 posts
Nov 15 2017, 09:16 PM

"Yes. We're human. We're no more of a mutant than Captain America or Iron Man are. I have known this since you first approached me and I discovered you who were. I should have told you sooner, but I was afraid of what you would think of us if I told you that we weren't like you. We're not mutants." Wanda admitted, allowing the guilt to show all over her face. She hated this feeling. But she didn't know how else to express her fears. She had just gained a father and she had been afraid that her unremarkable biology might push him away.

After all, she had heard enough stories about Magneto to know that he had always been very much against the human race and he hated them. She had been so afraid that her and Pietro being humans would ruin any potential relationship that she was trying to foster between her self and her father. She didn't want to admit it to anyone, but she wanted him in her life so badly. She wanted another family member that wasn't Pietro. She loved her brother. She adored him more than anything. But she wanted more family. She needed more family.

She couldn't lose Erik because of this! The fear was clutching at her heart and she felt like it was going to explode. She was so afraid of what he was going to say. It went back to the discussion that they had just had and that she believed that humans and mutants were no different. They were one and the same. She firmly believed in that but she also knew that her father had very different opinion and he wasn't afraid to kill people in order to get his opinion across.

She was terrified!

His silence on the matter was only making her anxiety react more powerfully. She was afraid of what he was going to say. She tried to keep a hold of herself. She clasped her hands tightly together and she felt a bead of sweat slip down the back of her neck. She was beyond terrified. She was so scared. Why she was so worried about his opinion also made her afraid. He was a relative stranger. But she needed him to still care and still want to be their father. Even if Pietro didn't care, she sure as hell did.

And then he spoke and she felt like she had been punched in the stomach. And it was honestly the best feeling that she'd ever felt in the world. She was beyond shocked and surprised. That feeling of pure fear was replaced by one of elation and she turned to look at him with glistening eyes and she smiled widely at him. He was going to accept her and her brother no matter what they were. She was so happy. No. Happy was the wrong word to use. Seh was so relieved because now she felt that she could breathe again. He wasn't going to turn his back on them.

Wanda took a step over to him and she reached out so that she could grasp him by the hands and she looked up into his steely eyes. This was a man that had committed so much evil in his life and she had seen it. She had seen the plight that he had been through and the violence that he had unleashed on others because of it. They disagreed on fundamental principles. But right now, that didn't matter. All that mattered was that he was her father and he was going to still see her as his daughter.

"Thank you. That means so much more to me than you can possibly imagine, Papa." She substituted the last word out for the Sokovian word meaning father. She didn't know if he would understand it, but her tone gave it away.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by