welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Limits and Triggers

Fyre

The Sun Goddess
Admin
Immortal years old
24 posts
Nov 11 2015, 11:21 PM
Limits and Triggers
Mandatory Claim
Everyone please take a moment to fill this out and post it as a reply in this thread. This is a reference for everyone to know what boundaries you have and enables everyone to respect them. We're not mind-readers, so help us to help you!

What types of plots are you most interested in playing?

Answer here

Are there any plots you are not interested in playing?

Answer here

What are your limits involving power playing and godmodding?

Answer here

Limits on violence?

Answer here

Limits on romance?

Answer here

Any other triggers we should know about?

Answer here

CODE
[dohtml]
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Share+Tech|Orbitron' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<style>
#posta {box-sizing:border-box;margin-top:20px;width:450px;background:#fff;border-left:60px solid #0f0017;position:relative;overflow:hidden;box-shadow:0 0 5px #111;}
.postb {margin:10px auto 0px;padding:10px 10px 5px;border-bottom:1px solid #000;font:400 15pt/18px 'Orbitron' arial narrow;color:#000;text-align:center;letter-spacing:2px;}
.postc {margin:0 auto 10px;padding:5px 4px;font:400 10pt/12px 'Share Tech' arial narrow;color:#000;text-align:right;letter-spacing:2px;}
.postd {margin:10px;padding:20px 30px;font:400 10pt/12px arial narrow;color:#000;text-align:justify;}
.postd:first-letter {float:left;margin:0 4px 0 0;font:400 27pt/29px 'Orbitron' arial narrow;color:#000;}
.scredit {margin:5px;text-align:center;letter-spacing:2px;font-family:'arial narrow';font-size:7pt;line-height:9px;text-transform:lowercase; -webkit-transition:0.6s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition:0.6s all ease-in-out; -o-transition:0.6s all ease-in-out;transition:0.6s all ease-in-out;}
.scredit, .scredit a {color:#999; text-decoration:none;text-shadow:0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0,0); -webkit-transition:0.6s all ease-in-out;transition:0.6s all ease-in-out;}
.scredit a:hover{text-shadow:0 0 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.6);color:rgba(0,0,0,0);letter-spacing:10px;visibility: hidden;}
</style>
<center>
<div id=posta>
<div class=postb>Alias</div>
<div class=postc>My Limits and Triggers</div>
<div class=postd>

<b>What types of plots are you most interested in playing?</b>
[list]Answer here[/list]<p>

<b>Are there any plots you are not interested in playing?</b>

<b>What are your limits involving power playing and godmodding?</b>

<b>Limits on violence?</b>

<b>Limits on romance?</b>

<b>Any other triggers we should know about?</b>

</div>
</div>
<div class="scredit"><a href="http://tinyurl.com/cautionskye">◆ </a><a href="http://tinyurl.com/shineskye">skye</a><a href="http://tinyurl.com/candylandskye"> ◆</a></div>
</center>
[/dohtml]

Fyre

The Sun Goddess
Admin
Immortal years old
24 posts
Nov 11 2015, 11:28 PM
Fyre
My Limits and Triggers
    I am a certified plot addict and want to do all the things. No. Seriously. I thive on plotting. I don't care if it's something simple like two friends out having fun or the far darker and more dramatic plots I am always drawn to. I love them and you'll have a hard time getting me to say no to a plot.

If I think of anything here, I'll come back and add it.

I'm pretty relaxed about this --AS LONG AS WE TALKED ABOUT IT-- This is important. Let me know what to expect. If it's set up in context I don't care about this. If my character jumped on yours feel free to throw them to the ground. I'll understand. On the other hand don't just run up to them and punch my character in the face if we haven't discussed this happening. I will drop you like a hot potato for this... well, not really, but I'll be annoyed.

Limits on violence?

Again this is something that I really don't have limits on as long as it's not out of nowhere. I don't mind gore and blood, I really don't. The only real trigger I have on this is eye gouging and finger breaking. If I think of more I'll add them but beyond that, if the thread calls for violence I'm generally cool with it.

Limits on romance?

Not a limit but a warning here - I don't have a lot of practice writing explicit content. I've spent a long time playing on fade to black sites. That isn't to say I won't play this sort of thing out, I will, but you need to be patient with me. In regards to lighter romance, I have no real limits. I thrive on fluff, though you wouldn't know it with some of my characters lol.

You know that scene in Harry Potter where he loses his bones and his arm just kinda... goes jello? Yeah. That's a trigger thing for me. It squicks me the fuck out. I don't expect this to happen but just in case...

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
598 posts
Nov 11 2015, 11:31 PM
Jace
My Limits and Triggers
    Pretty much everything. I love drama and I love making my characters suffer through pain. That means causing as much mischief as possible, which isn't that surprising since I do have a Loki living in my head. I want romance too. Lots and lots of romance. I love it. I also love siblings plots and friends plots and enemies plots. Pretty much just give me all the plots. I'm fine with torture plots and violence and everything in between unless I specify that I'm not okay with something. So basically I want them all! >:D

There aren't a whole lot of things that I'm against playing out. But when it comes to violence, just don't turn the scene into a goddamn Saw movie and we'll okay. In terms of sexual content, I refuse to cross the threshold of incest. Sorry guys. Just not into it and it squicks me out. Another thing I refuse to roleplay out is anything that involves sexual situations and children. I know that's an obvious one, but I personally will not cross that line due to personal trauma I've suffered in my own life. As for rape? I'm on the fence about that. I don't really mind the mention of it in posts or backgrounds but more than that and meh...

Also I can't stand love triangles. Or squares. Whatever. Point is, I hate those things with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. They're a stupid plot device and they can go burn in hell. I'm okay with small parts of the love triangle cliche like a bit of flirting here or there but I'll warn you guys now. My character will likely either tells your's to go to hell or just take themselves out of the situation. If you want to do a love triangle involving my character and another, please let me know so I can plan accordingly.

We all hate power playing and godmodding, and I am no exception. However, as long as you ask me first or let me know, I'm usually pretty easy going about it. Especially in a fight scene. That being said, as annoying as those two are, the one thing I will not tolerate is metagaming. Your characters cannot know everything sinister that is going through my villain's heads or whatever secrets my heroes may be thinking of. If my villain is suave and knows their way around lies and can pass themselves off as someone else, you better not have your character see right through mine in the first post. I'll eat you. I swear. So you metagame in a thread with me, and I will sick my maneating plants on you. Just a warning. :3

Limits on violence?

As stated up above, as long as it doesn't become an actual blood bath, I'm okay with violence. If it becomes too much, I'll be sure to let you know and we can tone it back some. That being said, I don't mind torturing my characters. It can be quite fun!

Limits on romance?

Just give it all too many. Give me painful romances or happy and sappy ones. Give me couples breaking up or couples getting married and having babies. I want all of it. This will also carry over into the fact that I am a girl that actually likes writing smut. Probably more than I should. But I enjoy it. So I will be open to writing out smut if my partners are! If you want to fade to black, however, I'm perfectly fine with doing that too. I am totally open to accommodating to my partners' comforts. And love triangles as specified above.

As stated above, anything that has to do with sexual situations and children will freak me the fuck out. So please don't joke about it or involve it in actual posting. It can be mentioned in passing for the history of a character, but please no more than that. After I suffered that exact thing as a kid by someone that I was supposed to trust, I can't handle that sort of thing at all.

I can't stand fingers being broken. I don't know what it is but I just can't stand it. If it's in a post, it's okay. I can handle it. But don't describe it too much. I just... nope. I literally can't.

I have things with eyes and being stabbed or whatever. Just god no. And please no cannibalism. @_@

Anna Marie D'Ancanto

Rogue
UnityDivision
25 years old
365 posts
Apr 27 2016, 09:05 PM
QUINN
My Limits and Triggers
Everyone please take a moment to fill this out and post it as a reply in this thread. This is a reference for everyone to know what boundaries you have and enables everyone to respect them. We're not mind-readers, so help us to help you!

I’m down for action, fighting, group missions, there’s really not much I won’t get into. Romance may be a bit more difficult but it’s possible, especially if a Remy LeBeau ever showed up. Regardless, if you have ideas for plots and threads, I’ll likely be down. Seeing as Rogue can fly too, it could take her to any part of the world pretty easily.

Anything with the graphic torture of children. I would rather leave that to reader imagination.

As long as things are communicated and limits are set clearly and those limits are followed, all is well. And if something goes wrong, it doesn’t hurt to keep the lines of communication. Anything that involves an action that would cause a permanent or long term situation for either character needs to be discussed first.

Limits on violence?

Anything graphic on children. No. Other than that, knock yourself out.

Limits on romance?

None. I love smut as much as the next person. -wink-

Please forewarn me if you are going to write a PTSD attack. Message me or tell me, or tag the thread. I've seen people I love suffer through this and it really hurts my heart and makes me really emotional. But if I'm prepared, I'll be okay. Thanks!

Marc Spector

Moon Knight
Enhanced
31 years old
68 posts
Mar 13 2017, 01:17 PM
Daedalus
My Limits and Triggers
    Conflicts, tons of conflicts, fights, arguments, questioning of morality, nothing is off limits except what I listed below.

Nothing that would result in any of my character's death, unless I specifically request it. Also, not looking for any heavy romantic stuff, some is okay, but nothing life changing please.

Within reason, I'd prefer if you'd contact me first if you think something you're doing is power playing or close to godmodding.

Limits on violence?

None

Limits on romance?

Unless otherwise sought after, I'm not looking for it at the moment

No

Stephen Strange

Doctor Strange
Enhanced
26 years old
62 posts
Mar 17 2017, 05:14 PM
Alias
My Limits and Triggers
    For Stephen, I would like to do plots that range into the mystical and higher levels of the Marvel mythos. These aren't necessary, but I really enjoy the higher concept stuff (and wonder what Lee, Ditko, and Kirby must have been smoking to make some of the stuff they did. Must have been awesome!) Of course, that doesn't mean Stephen will shy away from more mundane street level crime. It is his responsibility to protect Earth, even from mundane threats.

In general, Alternate Universe plots are something I am a major stickler for. And I've never even read Exiles, can you believe?

I'm not especially interested in plots that involve characters acting out of character for the sake of them. Stephen is a pragmatist and will do a lot of things, but there are certain lines that even he won't cross and I'd rather not be stuck in a situation where he has to...even if he wouldn't.

Also, OCs who suddenly show up and claim to have even more mystical skill and knowledge than he won't even be considered for plots.

Flat no. But then, I also won't be going out of my way to control other people's characters either. After all, each character is one's own.

Limits on violence?

Not so much, but I'd rather not have just a non-stop gore fest going on. After all, this is a roleplay. Not a Quentin Tarantino film.

Limits on romance?

No incest. Nothing involving the underaged. Y'know. The usual things.

Attempting to in any way say that Joe Quesada, Dan Slott, and Nick Spencer aren't three of the worst human beings to ever blight the planet.

(In all honesty, no.)

Matthew Murdock

Daredevil
Enhanced
30 years old
45 posts
May 11 2017, 09:54 PM
Kardia
My Limits and Triggers
    I'm pretty flexible to be honest. I enjoy things that challenge and develop my characters. I can be a bit of a long-form plotter and enjoy mapping some things out--but I can also adapt and go along with whatever my writing partner wants.

Stuff that isn't thought out. I'm not interested in doing pointless threads that just throw two random characters together for the sake of it. Let's puts some planning and thought into it, yeah?

Please don't control my character at all. If you have any questions, ask. I can work with you or give you permission. I don't tolerate godmodding--especially during fight sequences. I'll always work with you and 'attempt' anything I do against your character. I'll always ask and never assume anything. Please give me the same respect.

Limits on violence?

I'm pretty open on this. If I feel there's a limit when the time comes, I'll let you know.

Limits on romance?

I'm pretty flexible. All I ask is that it makes sense and isn't thrown together. I can write explicit scenes as much as I can the lighter, dramatic stuff. I won't touch incest or rape.

Not that I can think of. Look forward to writing with you guys!

John Upshaw

Tracer
Enhanced
21 years old
13 posts
Jun 12 2017, 06:15 AM
Seth
My Limits and Triggers
    I love a wide variety of plots. From coffee dates to defusing thermonuclear war, and anything in-between. My only caveat is I won't bend a character's will and motivation to fit a plot. If I can't imagine a character filling a certain role or doing a certain thing, I'll probably ask to tweak the plot a little bit./

As stated above, anything I can't really imagine my character doing. Other than that, for the most part, I'm fair game.

If it comes down to combat and a character is immensely powerful -- sure, I get that. But if you think that he's so powerful that you must automatically land hits, I'm gonna lose interest and probably bow out of the scene. No thanks.

Limits on violence?

Literally zero limits on violence.

Limits on romance?

I have no limits on romance, though if it does come to a romantic encounter and when it turns sexual, I usually fade-to-black and take the fun stuff to a private venue.

Nada.

Piotr Rasputin

Colossus
UnityDivision
25 years old
37 posts
Jun 12 2017, 03:51 PM
Alias
My Limits and Triggers
    Good ones, mostly. With drama. I love writing combat with zany, over the top action and set pieces. I like ships. I like adversarial relationships. I like basically everything that's not just boring stuff.

Not really. Just talk to me and if I'm not interested I'll tell you, and you can tell me to pound sand or we can work together to find something that interests the both of us.

Talk to me before you do anything

Limits on violence?

Kids?

Limits on romance?

Good with anything. Smut threads are fun but get really boring if that's all you're doing without using it as character development.

nein

Peter Parker

Spiderman
UnityDivision
19 years old
30 posts
Jul 25 2017, 02:35 PM
Alias
My Limits and Triggers
    THROW EVERYTHING AT ME. Honestly, I'm down for plots. Throw them at me and I'm sure we can work something out!

I'm not sure - tbh, I'm down with anything aside from forced romances?

I'm not a fan of godmodding - though, if there is something you'd like to do with my character and it's relevant to the plot, by all means, please do contact me to check it first please.

I'm capable of describing fight scenes and would like a chance to dodge punches, give them time to react to things.

Limits on violence?

More the merrier, honestly I'm down for a good fight scene - so pretty much no limits.

Limits on romance?

I'm down for a romance if it's good with the character and it's good for character development - I don't write smut. But, aside from that - if anything happens, please FTB.

Rape is one higher on my trigger list. Suicide is a bit touchy but if it serves a character plot/development/ plotted out before hand. I'm also a bit touchy about self-harm, but I'm not against it being mentioned or whatever. But, if anything else arises - I will let the player know. Other than that, I'm cool with anything.

Laurie Garrison

Wallflower
Mutant
20 years old
7 posts
Jul 25 2017, 05:02 PM
Red
My Limits and Triggers
    I'm pretty open to all manner of plot ideas to be honest so long as it works with the character in question, sometimes not to put them out of their comfort zone.

Not really, as I mentioned I'm pretty open.

I dislike it, so when it comes to my characters I very often plan and plot things in advance unless someone offers up a character as free game. I tend to leave fight sequences open but do like their to be balance unless of course one of us wants our character to be obliterated etc XD.

Limits on violence?

No blood, Lots of blood and stuff? I can do both when it comes to fights and conflict.

Limits on romance?

I don't tend to go out of my way to look for romance plots but if it comes on the table then I'm totally up for playing it out. I prefer romance to be organic through rp unless it's canon or planned/established specifically for a wanted etc. I'm all for intimacy and even smut but I do tend to like there actually be a point to it rather than just randomly for the sake of it.

None that I can think of really, I'm usually open to most things. I'd let you know if it was something I wasn't sure about/didn't like.

Remy Lebeau

Gambit
Apocalypse
35 years old
85 posts
Sep 3 2017, 11:30 PM
Alias
My Limits and Triggers
    I am always down for plots, I love throwing my characters in weird and uncomfortable situations, feel free to hit me with ALL the ideas. I'm not kidding, you want me to help you fight Godzilla give me a reasonable explanation of why we're doing it and I'm down.

Um, not really. If there's anything I find I'll put it here.

Ok if we're playing out a fight or something there has to be a little leeway and I am entirely ok with that. Just let me know, and maybe run an idea past me and I will most likely be good!

Limits on violence?

I have played a former torturer I'm good.

Limits on romance?

Hahahaha I play Remy LeBeau. Honestly jsut let me know it's coming XD

Don't be a dick? Honestly I'm pretty laid back, things don't bug me much.

Warren Worthington

Angel
Mutant
28 years old
14 posts
Dec 29 2017, 08:32 AM
Honor
My Limits and Triggers
    Good stories. Plots that take characters to unexpected places, even if they happen to follow the comics canon.

Not that I know of? Let's talk.

I like realism and respect. I'm okay with surprises and such but ask that major plot points and actions be discussed beforehand. I'm not okay with threads where my character's actions seem to have no impact or are ignored and yet another character always seems to land a punch or is driving the action in a solitary manner.

Limits on violence?

None in terms of scope but I prefer not to read rape or molestation scenes.

Limits on romance?

Love and lust are a huge part of human life. Open to pretty much anything and am willing to stop at Fade to Black or go deeper.

Not really

Elizabeth Braddock

Psylocke
Mutant
27 years old
29 posts
Jan 5 2018, 08:38 PM
Antoinette
My Limits and Triggers
    I like dark romantic plots the most. I like to write about things, and I really do like to challenge the boundaries of my creativity. What do I mean?

I would like to find a buddy who isn't afraid.

I want to able to write endlessly and not cap of my muse with certain limits. I want us to write things that are dangerous, sexual, hilarious, exciting, scary, heart racing. I want to explore plots with depth. Right now, I'm very interested in the darker side of things- write about intense romance and betrayal. Treachery and sexual healing. Drugs and murder. Violence. Abuse. Power. Definitely in the lines of more mature threads.

I want to make sure my boundaries are challenged and my words can once again have passion. I like to dive deep into every human emotion and blur those lines.

Something that is purely based on smut - or taboo subjects such as incest. Other than that, I'm very open to other plots. Lets write stories!

I'm very easy talk to- just let me know what you want to happen and it can easily be discussed. You can control my characters if you wish - but lets make sure we talk about it first. If its to make sure we have an exciting plot, I'm all for it.

Limits on violence?

Nope, bring it.

Limits on romance?

I enjoy this. So I have no limits.

Just the one mentioned

Daisy Johnson

Quake
Enhanced
29 years old
37 posts
Jan 29 2018, 12:12 AM
Tom
My Limits and Triggers
    I am pretty open to most plots as long as they make sense for the characters in them, to be honest. If the premise sounds interesting enough then I will also

Nonsensical plots that go against the characters and their personalities.

As long as there's communication between the players there's really not a lot that will bother me. We're all adults here and I'd like to think that we can handle fights in a realistic and logical fashion. Wanna beat my characters to the brink of death? Just ask me first.

Limits on violence?

Superheroes fight, superheroes shoot each other and beat each other up. Let's not turn this into an anime with absurd amounts of blood and gore though. I'm not torture's biggest fan either, although I don't mind it either.

Limits on romance?

Give me all the sweet loving and the not so sweet loving too! I am a bit skittish when it comes to smut and I prefer to take it elsewhere when writing scenes that get too steamy, although I won't say no if asked to do it. So yeah, take off your clothes and get ready to bump uglies with my characters!

Just keep vore away from my threads. Not a trigger per say but it does bother me.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by