welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.

Won't stop till the end of me, Tag: Faith/Quinn

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
117 posts
Mar 11 2018, 08:40 PM

Killing me one breath at a time

It had been close. One more second and Tony Stark would be an after-thought around the world. The Stark family would be extinct, and the powers at be around the world would be avenging his death. In the battle against Brock Rumlow he’d gone through many personal changes. For the first time in his life he’d gone up against something that he couldn’t beat. Even in the battle of New York The Avengers had come together. They found a way to beat Loki and push the invasion back. That experience had nearly killed him, but it was a testament to what he’d been willing to do to save the world. Tony cheated death and lived on to save the world again.

The battle at the tower should have been his end—in whatever destiny he’d carved out for himself, Tony once again escaped death. While most of his team had been busy dealing with the Gala situation, it was none other than Spiderman and Rogue from Unity Division that had helped turn the tide of the battle and save his life. Together they hadn’t defeated Rumlow, or whatever he’d turned into; but they repelled him. He vanished into one of his portals—and while the battle was far from over they now possessed knowledge they hadn’t before.

Faith, his newest ally and associate with the Unity Division offered her private services to cover his medical needs. It wasn’t like Tony couldn’t afford his own, but something low-key after such a public event was something he needed. Not even twenty four hours had passed and the media was already replaying images on every major news outlet on television. There were questions about Brock Rumlow and how he’d beaten Iron Man within an inch of his life.

Others were even questioning Spiderman’s involvement with The Avengers. Were they getting desperate enough to bring in new-blood to the team? Neighborhood vigilantes, as they liked to put it. On top of the terrorist situation it’d been a hard twenty four hours. Luckily Faith was safe—but the future was a blur. Together they’d studied specimens from the creature and were attempting to come up with a plan. He hadn’t even had the chance to have much of a conversation with Faith since his admittance to her private facility.

Currently he had his right arm in a sling. It was broken—and there were heavy wraps around his stomach for the broken and bruised ribs. He also had heavy bruise on one side of his face: Tony Stark looked like he’d been in a war.

He didn’t stop, either. Even though he’d practically been forced into bed-rest, he was still working. Tinkering. On top of his bed, the billionaire had established a work-bench of sorts and had arranged for some of his private computer to be delivered to him. Presently, he was breaking down what footage he could get his hands on—studying Rumlow, and attempting to understand how he’d randomly become superpowered.

There was more to this, and next time he was going to be ready.

Faith Devareaux || ty ek

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Mar 12 2018, 09:58 PM
D
isappointed. But not surprised. Faith stood in the doorway to his room with her arms crossed, shoulder leaning against the frame. He really should have been resting but she knew what telling someone like Tony what to do ended like. He would just keep working. Khorun was like that too. How had this happened? Just days ago, she had been happy. The world wasn't perfect but it wasn't this broken. Cairo. The Opera House. Stark Tower. Someone had been behind all of this. These events were not just disconnected little happenings. There was a responsible party... And she wasn't sure she wanted to meet that party.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to tell you what to do. Just checking in, actually." Faith's typical glow wasn't there today. She'd been through too much. And though black was one of the most elegant colors, it didn't suit her. It seemed to drain her. Between work and preparing final arrangements for John, she looked tired, moving forward solely on sheer will and dirty chai lattes. Every day she woke up was like a nightmare that hadn't ended. Any day now, all would be right in the world again and she could move on with her life and raise her happy child. Instead, day by day she was greeted with the grim reality that someone close to her was taken in the most violent way. Seeing Tony bruised up like this brought it all back to her. The blood. The hurt she had seen that night. He got lucky.

Stepping into the room, she mulled over the things he was working on. Rumlow's face was more horrifying than the last time she had seen him on the news. "He's coming back to finish what he started, isn't he?" Stepping beside him, her eyes kept focused on the man who did this to Tony. He was incredibly strong now, not just a soldier. Whatever enhancements had been done to him made him a formidable enemy and a threat to the world. "This isn't a coincidence. Rumlow and the attack at the opera house are connected. That creature in Cairo is connected. I just don't understand how."

With her eyes locked on the visuals in front of her, her hands fell to her side. "I'm glad you're okay." It was like she was afraid to look at him. It was a miracle he was standing there. Any more time on his own in the fight and he would have been killed. Marie had explained the details the next day after Faith had returned home from the police department and hospital. Tony would know that though. The entire world knew that. The papers printed her picture along with his on the front page the next morning. Both victims of utter devastation, Tony as a warrior and Faith as a survivor.

The details were grizzly and incredibly intimate yet they were there for the entire world to read. It came with the territory of being rich. Famous. What sort of impact would it have on her daughter when she was old enough to look up the headlines and read what happened that night? Shaking her head, she dismissed the idea and turned to him. "Uh, sorry I haven't been around sooner. It's been a really busy time." Hiding out in Tony's recovery room wasn't a bad idea.

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
117 posts
Mar 13 2018, 12:55 PM

Focused used examined every single detail of the battle. None of it made sense by ordinary standards. People didn’t just get powered like that overnight. Rumlow was something more—he’d been upgraded, and changed. The armor, the voice; Tony didn’t enjoy contemplating things that weren’t on Earth but he had to in this situation. He’d been exposed to things that shouldn’t have been possible—that opened up explanations that didn’t make sense. Further defined by the study he’d conducted with Faith, nothing lined up anymore. The only thing that was constant was the fact he survived. There were allies out there. People he could trust. Faith was one of them.

He allowed himself to break away from the studying as Faith made her presence known—plus there was only so many times he could watch himself get thrown around anyway. Tony closed the computer he’d been working at and turned towards the redhead. Together they’d been part of one of the darkest days in New York history. Between the gala crisis and the Avengers Tower, Tony and Faith had made the newspaper headline. He didn’t know the details first hand, but it was easy to understand why her usual glow wasn’t there in the room with them. Tony wasn’t exactly himself either. He hadn’t been for a long time.

”I appreciate you offering this place. I can use the privacy—my medical team is too public,” there would have been a media team waiting outside his room in emergency room. Faith entered the room and the Avenger already knew that she was speaking about Rumlow. Whatever he’d tried finishing was part of something bigger. She had a thought and he allowed her to finish. Somehow he knew she was right; all of it was connected, but just like before there wasn’t a line in the sand that connected any of it. Both of them just knew—it was gut instinct. It was too obviously planned; most of his team at the gala when the tower was attacked. He remained silent until she commented on his health, and apologized for not being around sooner. Tony played it off with a shrug. ”Glad to see you’re in one piece too. At this rate, you’ve probably got a better chance at surviving the impossible than I do.”

He had other concerns on his mind.

”I almost died out there—but I didn’t,” he broke eye contact, finding the window nearest to him. ”Should I have? I don’t know. There’s a lot of things I don’t know—but I know I couldn’t beat Rumlow. I know he could have killed me, easily. He was toying with me, Faith.” Tony swallowed, internally sighing. He took a moment to reflect. ”I got tossed around like a rag-doll for the entire world to see. I’ve watched the footage. Nothing I have can stand toe to toe with that, thing. That’s not Rumlow. That’s something else. That’s end-game, and we’re not ready for it,” it hurt to admit, but it was true.

None of them were ready.

Faith Devareaux || ty ek

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Mar 13 2018, 01:53 PM
T
he screen closed and it was probably for the better. These were days where Faith needed to learn to harden. The weak suffer what they must. It was something Khorun always told himself when training. And now she truly knew the meaning of it. A gentle woman since she was raised by parents that were not her own, Faith knew her chances if she were up against the people who were set on destroying the world. There was only so much fight in her and she wasn't terribly experienced in combat. Faith was a thinker, a problem solver. And in this, she was the equivalent of a baby fox, sly and cunning but small. And weak. She couldn't stand to see the people she cared about getting hurt, much less the footage Tony was examining. It was all the same as what was on the news. The world had indeed seen him get thrown around like a child playing carelessly with a battered toy.

That night of the opera house, Faith would have given anything for some privacy. But it wasn't in the cards for her. During times like these, sometimes all a person had was their dignity. And grieving in the eye of the public was a violation of her, one that she would never forget. It was the least she could do, provide Tony with a private and safe place to do what he needed to do. "You lost your entire building. At this point, from human being to another, what's mine is yours until you're back up on your feet. If you need anything, just let me know. I'll have it brought up here."

It was times like this that humanity banded together. With the type of attack that went down that night, Faith wasn't sure that people of the world would join hands so easily. People were angry. They pointed the finger. New hate groups would rise and the rest of them would need to stand their ground. There was someone responsible for this. Faith shook her head at his comment. "I'm not a fighter." She managed to survive Friends of Humanity twice and they weren't the worst of their problems. If she came face to face with Crossbones, it would be over in a matter of seconds. "They can come and kill me whenever they like and I wouldn't be able to do a god damn thing about it."

He was right. Tony was being played. All of them were. This was a show of power and the world stood at attention. Whatever came next was going to be worse. Biblical even. His words were hard to take, difficult to process and accept. So she wouldn't. She might not have been a fighter, but she was stubborn as hell. "Yea, we're not ready. So let's get ready. You and I need to go at these specimens. Harder. We need to be better and decode this cryptic shit, otherwise more people we love are going to die." Turning to him, her gaze was stern and sad at the same time, her brows furrowed like she was in pain yet the hardness in her hazel eyes burned. She was angry. And hurt. And confused all at the same time. But she wasn't about to let this thing come out of nowhere and win. Until every single resource was used up, Faith wasn't ready to accept defeat.

Sighing, she threw out her last resort on the table. For the sake of all that was good. "Something this big needs a big risk. We need to ask Rogue to take another look at the samples. Without gloves." It was a big risk but it was all they had left at this point. "Otherwise we have nothing but a bunch of data that we can't even figure out."

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
117 posts
Mar 13 2018, 02:30 PM

Tony had lost more than his building—but he kept that to himself. The familiar panic of not being in control was returning. He hadn’t envisioned a trauma that could match Loki’s invasion, but this trumped hard. Not only were they dealing with things they didn’t understand, they couldn’t even go toe to toe with the threat. This was the worst-case scenario and he didn’t have an answer for it. Were there going to be more like Rumlow? They couldn’t even take one of them on, nonetheless two or three. This was a time when he needed powered people to step up. When he needed them most, the heroes he counted on weren’t even present. Banner was still AWOL—Thor hadn’t checked in. The heavy hitters outside of Rogue and Wanda were gone, and neither of them had complete confidence in their abilities.

His fingers were numb again. Tony went cold as Faith finished. She wanted them to continue. To do more research and even risk their biggest asset on a chance at trying to gather more data. Even if he’d wanted to try and find words, he couldn’t.

He was cold. So cold. While one arm was secure in a sling, the other was numb. His face was distraught the moment he recognized the symptoms. The realization only made it worse for him, and he turned back towards the makeshift table above the bed. No amount of breathing exercises or therapy had prepared him for this. Because this was worse. This wasn’t something they were in control of, and the teams were divided all over the country. Tony was not in control, and he sure as hell wasn’t okay.

It was going down a familiar road—but he wasn’t at the wheel this time. Faith seeing him like this wasn’t good either. He was supposed to be in control. He was Tony Stark—Avenger, Iron Man. In that moment he wasn’t any of those things. Tony Stark was a broken man without answers. Faith wanted to keep pushing—she was everything he should have been in that moment.

The words still wouldn’t come, but he tried to cover. It would pass, eventually.

”Just a moment—I need a moment.” His words were fast; his voice spent, and the heavy breathing that followed made it difficult to catch a full breath. His senses became erratic, and the Avenger found himself leaning on the table with his one good hand—digits folding around his temple as he tried to calm himself.

Faith Devareaux || ty ek

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Mar 13 2018, 06:53 PM
T
his was the most quiet she had ever heard him, even if she hadn't known him personally for long. Still, she could sense when he wasn't himself. A bright and ecstatic personality like his? No doubt the effects of the fight still lingered with him. Knowing people who had served in the military had given her enough guidance as to what was happening here.

Faith's eyes flickered to him. The panic. It was setting in and Tony was quickly falling to the symptoms of an attack. She had been so caught up with what they needed to do that she missed the first part of it. How could she have been so insensitive? Tony leaned into the table and Faith was quick to place a hand on his back. "Breathe. Focus on the air. Deep breath. One... Two... Three. Out... Two... Three... Again." It helped she found. The soldiers in her life had needed her at some point and she remembered simple things that helped to ground them again.

"Listen to my voice and breathe with me. Alright? We'll do it together." Looking around for a blanket, she pulled one from a nearby cabinet and wrapped it would his shoulders, her embrace coming around him and holding him to her chest slowly. "I'm here with you. You're not alone. I'm just going to hold you here. Until you become steady, alright?" Anyone else might have mocked him for what was happening but this was a very intimate experience. Tony was power, his influence reaching around the world, his money affecting the markets, and his tech changing the world. For him to be like this in front of another person would likely make him feel embarrassed. But that judging tone was nowhere to be found. Rather, she was nurturing, her voice gentle and just above a whisper, her embrace gentle.

"Shhh...."

The creaks of her house at night sometimes set her off. And the worst part about it was having to self soothe, less she wake her daughter. Faith knew all about suffering alone and in silence. Better that she was there than not. "Do you want me to leave? Whatever you want."

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
117 posts
Mar 18 2018, 08:46 PM

There was death. Suffering. Pain. Everybody he’d ever cared about was at risk because this was simply too big. He’d seen it before. The Avengers dead around him and the world completely exposed. How could he stop this? Tony Stark, at the end of the day was simply a man. There was a universe of secrets out there. Things he’d never understand or even seen—but the taste he’d gotten was enough. Not only was the battle of New York a worst case scenario, but so was Rumlow. If criminals could find a way to get powered beyond anything that heknew could happen, what was their future? He and Faith had already seen it. It was unexplainable.

Yet it was hervoice that kept him from losing it. When Tony was ready to lose himself, it was her words that guided him. Her sweet voice—the one he’d come trust. Tony didn’t have many friends left outside of the Avengers, but he considered the Unity Division as allies—Faith included. On her command, Tony exhaled and inhaled on her count. Slowly, as he followed her instructions he began to take control of his reality again. If only for a moment, the doubt of the world faded. She hadn’t’ left his side in any of this and that wasn’t lost on him. Her touch was soft—caring, kind. Almost foreign compared to some of the people he’d been forced to interact with.

After several seconds he finally calmed—as Faith offered the option for her to vacate the area, Tony was silent; instead, his hands gently folded around her body. She was comforting. Faith cared and gave a damn. At the end of the day, that meant something to Tony Stark.

”No—stay with me,” palms folded over her body if she’d allow it—gently inviting Faith in to a gentle embrace. ”The company—it’s good,” he assured, softly; his voice a murmur. He trusted that Faith would keep this to herself. Tony was in a very vulnerable state of mind; one he didn’t want exposed. The last person that shared this kind of experience with him hadn’t been able to take it. That’s why he’d been single for the past couple of years.

Tony Stark had demons in the closest. Triggers that he couldn’t control. The Rumlow incident had only heightened those emotions.

”We’ve gotta beat it, Faith—we’ve gotta,” his arms wrapped around her fully; holding Faith tight in a rare source of comfort.

Faith Devareaux || ty ek

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Mar 31 2018, 07:50 PM
F
aith knew the misery of self soothing. Like the world was going to swallow you whole, even if you screamed at the top of your lungs. That wasn't what she was trying to involve her daughter in though. Lux needed to know her mom was strong and capable. Fake it until you make it, right? At least Tony didn't know that. To the world, she looked strong and dependable, capable of having it all: A career, a family, a house in the middle of the woods to herself while she mourned the loss of a loved one, and be successful doing all of it. On the inside, she was screaming for help.

The world didn't take to weepy females well, brushing them off as emotional, unstable, incapable of leading with their heads. It was a part of Faith that had to be hidden now that she owned Robbie's company along with all his assets. With his arms wrapping around her, she held him close too, assuring him that he was safe with her. And she might not have been much of a fighter, but she had heart. Enough of it to shoot anyone who tried to take him from the world. Why hadn't she been there when it happened? Faith would have only gotten in the way as she was a pacifist in all of this, a mind behind the tech that made Unity to efficient. But she wished she could have helped instead of sit on the sidelines.

Her words were gentle and kind, her voice so sweet in comforting him. "I have you. Okay? I don't look like much but protective Momma Bear instincts. Kay?" Her cheek nuzzled against his ear, the two locked away into each other and away from the world for just a few moments, enough for him to get his footing back. Her breathing continued to be long and slow as if guiding him. Closing her eyes, she let him do this for as long as he needed her.

"Tony... I know. And we can... We just need to look harder."

And if they couldn't beat it? If this was really the end? Would it be so bad to have a friend to the end of the world? Faith tried to chase away the tears that tried to come but in this, she couldn't lose. Tony was the vulnerable one here. He needed her to be grounded and secure so he could lean on her. And that was just what she would be. "Hey." Faith pulled back from him, hands cupping his face as she looked deep in his gaze. "Two of the bravest and smartest scientists around. We got this. Okay? You and me. We can do this." She offered him a kind smile before she pulled him in again for another tight hug.

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
117 posts
Apr 11 2018, 03:51 PM

There were very few times in his life that Tony ever recalled being this venerable. Dealing with it wasn't a strong suit--he didn't like the fact that he couldn't control these attacks. The incident in New York had taken a toll on him; that alone had taken some time to come back from, but at least the situation had been handled. But recently? Things were even bigger. They were getting out of control and this time Nick Fury wasn't there to bring them together. Not only was the team divided, Tony couldn't beat it. Not alone--and apparently, not even with what he had left of a team. Even with Faith and the Unity Division at his side--what they were dealing with wasn't normal. It never was for them; but this was truly end of the world threatening and they didn't have an answer this time.

Faith was more than the shoulder he needed in that moment. It'd been a long time since anyone had been patient with him. She was better at it than anyone he'd ever worked with--personal, and business. Maybe it was the motherly instinct--he'd never gotten close to people with kids before. Not in an intimate way--not since he'd become a mentor of sorts to Parker. Even Wanda was coming around to him as a mentor of sorts; it was a very weird, and different role; but it helped. It helped him take an important step forward in his life and Faith was playing a part in it. She was already the first person in his life that knew how to handle his anxiety properly. Her voice was motherly, but not in a way that reminded him of his own mom. It was friendly--calm, and easy to focus on. He knew they had to fight this--together, and she offered him the confidence he'd given her in their previous meeting together.

She took hold of his head without hesitation and forced him to focus on being positive. It was true that they were two of the smartest minds in the world. With any luck, they'd crack something and finally uncover something. He couldn't ignore the fact that working with her put him at ease much like working with Banner had. Having a second brain to pick at never hurt--and she was just as much of an equal to him as Banner was.

"I know we do--we're the best chance the world has right now," it wasn't selfish, it was the truth. Tony created an element to save his own life--this was something they should have been able to solve together. His breath calmed, and it was clear that the moment of uncontrolled anxiety had passed. "Thanks for dealing with that. It's uh, been awhile since that happened--" awkward as it was, at least he was being straight with Faith. "The attacks. They started a few years back, after New York. They subsided after a while," he exhaled, recalling all the late nights he'd had. If the past was any indication of the future than he had a long road ahead. "I don't see much sleep in my future. Hey--more time to figure this thing out, right?" it was the typical, charming false-positive spin Tony put on things.

With Faith's hands on his face in addition to the moment of intimacy they'd shared, the realization fell on him. He hadn't been this close to someone in years. His hands had instinctively reached to grasp her waist, gently--when? Tony didn't know. It was a moment of awkwardness, and upon realization, the Avenger pulled his hands back. He cleared his throat, catching himself. "Thanks for stopping by and all this--hospitality. I don't get many chances to not treat myself. So thank you--thank you for being there." It was sincere.

In a world where allies were few and far between, she was a nice change.

Faith Devareaux || ty ek

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
Apr 25 2018, 12:11 PM
D
emons had followed her too. And she knew she should have banished them to a less than sacred place but it was only with the help of a few people she was able to keep them grounded where they belonged. Everyone, not matter how well off they were, needed help. It was part of being human and neither of them were even close to being creatures of divination. Soldiers and survivors each had their past to haunt them, ghostly faces that showed up when they least expected. There was nothing to judge, not to her. Many might have called Tony weak but after seeing down the barrel of a gun that was meant for her, Faith knew he was much stronger than what the world would perceive. And his end almost came in a much more violent and horrific way. Faith's was to be given in the blink of an eye rather than drawn out for the world to watch.

The stigma around anxiety and PTSD existed and Tony was a very public and followed figure. The last thing he needed was to think of what she was thinking. So rather than remove herself from the situation, Faith stepped into it with him, her body coming around him and allowing him to know that he wasn't alone. That she had him and wouldn't let go until he got himself together again.

It was good to hold him like this. It fed her after the loss of John, so much that she had to stop herself from tears. Tony needed her right now and she couldn't make this about herself, no matter how much pain she was hiding. No amount of reasoning would allow her to compare their pain to one another's. She would go home and cope in the privacy of her home when her daughter was put to bed. And that would be that. Rubbing his back, she breathed with him, giving him guidelines he could follow, reassurance that she wouldn't leave him behind.

She shook her head as he explained about his attacks. She knew it intimately after people had come for her and her child in the night. And it absolutely broke her heart that people had come for him too. "It's like they wrap around your lungs and keep the air from getting through, like drowning on dry land." It was alright. Her smile was soft, reassuring without her going into too much detail. "I'll stay with you tonight for as long as you need me. I have a sitter for Lux." The attacks they had experienced had been... Too coincidental. He was near death's door and so was she. When he mentioned the two of them figuring this out, she turned to him. "Maybe you're not the only one who thinks that. Maybe whoever or whatever is in charge of all this knows we have a shot at connecting the dots. You almost died. I almost died. Sounds like someone is actively trying to take us out."

That was the only statement in the last twenty four hours that had made sense. "Friends of Humanity has to be a front for this. Maybe if we do some digging with them, we could get to see some things a bit more clearly."

Tony's hands came up behind her, his palms firmly against the curve of her back, her figure held to him in a way that was more intimate than anything. It came, and it went, luckily in a way that was awkward for both of them. She had just lost Robbie and John in ways she had never imagined... But being held was really nice, especially when the people who had wanted to had been taken from her by their own will or against. "I'm glad I could help. You're one of the only friends I have left around. I'll do whatever it takes to watch over the people who will still stand by me." She gave him a small smile before she cupped his face really quick and turned from him. "I'm going to do some digging on Friends of Humanity, try to establish a connection with them and Rumlow, also see if I can replicate the upgrades that Rumlow had on you. I'm gonna have my assistant bring up some pizza or burgers and we can get elbows deep on this, but only under the condition that you get some rest after, okay? I'm serious, Stark. I can make a four year old drop everything and sleep. I'll do the same to you."

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
117 posts
Apr 30 2018, 09:08 PM

Faith was strong—stronger than he probably knew, and a lot of that came from her being a parent. It was a fact that slipped the mind easily, but Tony knew enough about Lux to respect it; she had character and experience. Experience that he hadn’t ever grasped. It made him want to keep her around more, because she filled a void in his life that had been there for a long time. One that hadn’t ever been filled quite right. Faith, at the very least, respected him as an Avenger and understood his role in the world. In his current state he should have argued with himself about resting, but she made a solid point—and hamburgers and pizza; hopefully both, were a good motivation to keep him in one place.

In the moment that they held each other the embrace was warm and filling—but it didn’t overstay its welcome. Tony didn’t know if what he was feeling was immense gratitude or something more. It wasn’t very often that someone in his life managed to help him this much. In all of his wealth, sometimes finding the right person at the right time was more valuable than any fortune. He’d almost died on live television to Rumlow—powered up on something he’d never seen; yet Faith was there for him. It was a fact he was still processing. He’d reflect on the details of the battle later, hopefully with her at his side. In the moment, he wanted someone with him. It was true irony, considering Tony usually preferred to lock himself away in research.

Outside of Banner he hadn’t worked with many people face to face—but Faith stepped up, and proved to be an excellent partner.

”Well I’m clearly not going to take up arms against super-mom,” the Avenger offered, musing as a smirk found his lips. It was the first one he’d offered since the attack had hit him. She’d put him at ease and offered a warmth he hadn’t felt—possibly ever. ”If it’s pizza and burgers, I’m in. But only if it’s both. We’re not skimping on the recovery choices here,” immediately, his instincts kicked in. It was like the moment hadn’t happened and he was his natural, charming self. Even with his arm in a sling, Tony still wanted to stand—but he’d oblige and rest, eventually. ”And I’ll rest—after we do some damage. We can’t let Rumlow do this again, because next time it’ll be someone’s life,” it’d almost been his; Tony couldn’t live with himself if someone else got hurt.

It was bad enough that Peter tried to get involved; a kid who had no business being in the situation, but he’d been there for him. He’d saved his life before Rogue made a stand against Rumlow. ”These Friends of Humanity cats—what do you have on them?” he was aware that it was more personal for Faith; but if they were linked with other events, it was the best place to begin looking.

Faith Devareaux || ty ek

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
May 3 2018, 12:16 AM
N
othing forced a woman to grow up like an unplanned pregnancy. Or the guy who refused to have anything to do with them. Faith Devareaux was well known way before her days as a CEO. In college, she was quite the party girl, often recognized in the modeling campaigns she did in order to pay her way through school. The girl was lush looking, photogenic, and a red head to top it off. Photographers and agencies couldn't get enough of her. And even when she graduated, she didn't do much with her degree except take small jobs here and there, mostly working for Xavier's and keeping their tech in tip top shape. She even interviewed with Tony's company, though she figured she was passed up because of the way she looked. No one really took Faith seriously. Not until recently. It had taken years of loneliness and hardship but when she was back on her feet, man was she at the top of the food chain. Named one of the richest women in the world, and most brilliant, she had taken over Rider's company after the man had given up everything for... Well, the world wasn't really certain what. The past decade had been once that had trumped her high school years, in which she had firmly believed were her prime suffering years. Boy, was she wrong.

If his company hadn't taken her seriously back then, they definitely took her seriously now as she was working with the big guy in charge. Hell, more than that. It was her company's medical wing that was patching him back up. A look at his sling and it hurt her heart. How mad and violent could someone get in order to break a bone? Those things were sturdy. You had to really try to break one. And even so, how did you even do that on purpose? One moment of begging and Faith would have broken down into tears. She hated the sound of people in pain... And she'd heard Tony pretty damn close to it in his panic attack. It damn near broke her, knowing that he was going through some inner battles with demons that haunted him when he least expected. It was the nurturing characteristic in her that wanted to soothe and balm all his pain away.

"Least you didn't damage your brain. I can be pretty persuasive. Takes me less than ten minutes to get a four year old under the blankets with the light off. With you, maybe fifteen." She had to factor in a bed time story, after all. That was an idea that made her chuckle, Tony asking for a bed time story. She didn't even know where she'd begin in telling him one. It made her chuckle, but of course, she wasn't going to tell him why.

"Trust me, I wouldn't dream of it. Food was a big part of the healing process when I was a kid. Anything my parents could do to make us feel comfortable and happy. And food usually did the trick. Some butter milk biscuits cooked in bacon grease? Or the twelve hour chili that's been in my mom's family for generations, usually perked us right up." Despite the healing process, Faith didn't have much of an appetite. It wasn't uncommon for someone who was grieving to experience such a thing. In time, she knew it'd come back. But she was more than willing to keep him company, and maybe nibble on a few things. "We'll do some damage alright. I'm not much of a fighter so this is really all I can offer in all of this. Either way, there's something out there that we can use. We just need to find it and put it together. "

What did she have on Friends of Humanity? Nothing compared to what they had on her. It was a sore spot for her, one that made her tear her eyes away from him, her back to him as she scrambled in her head on just how to explain things. "Actually, not that much. It's hard to learn anything about them when they've already specifically made it clear they want me and my daughter dead." Twice now, they almost got to her. The next time might have been their successful attempt. And the thought terrified her, especially now that they'd gone through a wall like Khorun. If he had fallen at their hand, then they were going to come down on her like a wrecking ball and shatter her into a million pieces. "They broke into my town house a few months ago with lead pipes and ropes... So definitely have some sort of database on who's enhanced or mutant." She wondered if he would catch that, the fact that she was mutant. She hadn't told anyone new in years so... This was a first in a while. "I don't have big fancy powers. I don't turn bullets into stone. I don't shoot icicles out of my mouth. I absorb the moon light. And it gives me energy. I light up a room when it's dark. I take to the sky. Could I hurt someone with my mutation? Yes. But I don't like doing that. But regardless, I guess that paints me to be a killer to them." A killer. Indeed, she was. The two men who'd broken into her home that one night had never made it out alive. And one of their deaths was on her, even if Khorun did confess his guilt of both of them.

"I brought plenty to work with. Let's get started. I'll go order that food and start making some cold calls about this hate group. If we haven't made progress in two hours, we'll call it quits for the night and then it's lights out for you. Don't make me get the strappy bed."

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
117 posts
May 6 2018, 04:49 PM

”Fifteen huh? Is that with or without you joining me?” it was a slip up—but a positive sign if you knew Tony. He was a charmer, after-all. It was good progress considering he’d nearly lost his cool minutes prior to the comment. At the very least the comment was evidence that he trusted Faith. They’d been in the lab side by side together and now she was helping him recover from the biggest ass-kicking he’d ever taken in his life. She was caring—and for him, sometimes it was hard to get used to good natured people. Tony had been selfish for many years; not even looking into the small details of his company before the cave incident. ”Did you say biscuits in bacon grease?” it was a rather detailed method, but not one he disapproved of. The talk of food had made him hungry, but before they broke for their session—Tony wanted to learn more about the terrorist group.

She was in danger along with her daughter, and on instinct that made Tony want to help. It didn’t matter if that meant offering a suit to guard her house night and day; he had the resources and technology to make it happen. He considered her a friend—to protect that? There wasn’t a cost. At the very least he’d make a passing offer; but he had also learned that she was very capable of handling herself. Tony didn’t know what it was like to have a kid, but he knew what it felt like to protect someone he cared about. There was enough history in his life to know that was obsessive. He’d cared about Pepper too much—and put the pressure of the world on his shoulders, hence the suits.

”Two hours—“ it was barely time to warm up given his normal routine, and Tony was prepared to argue. He cut himself off, though; knowing better. There wasn’t a point in arguing against her wishes; and it still kept him company.

Sometimes the people you cared about knew what was in your best interest. It was something Tony was still struggling to accept—but he had come to terms with it. Throughout his life there hadn’t been much room for actual rest. Less than twenty four hours ago he’d nearly died in the streets of New York. Mentally, he’d been prepared to die to buy time. He’d gotten emotional. Foolish and emotional.

So instead, he nodded. Agreeing with the redhead. ”Sure—I can make that work,” Tony compromised out of respect. Before she could completely turn and leave the room to make the orders, he stopped her.

”How about you skip the cold calls—never works. Internet is just as good these days— millennial’s proved that much,” it was a suggestion, and also an excuse to keep Faith close. ”Also—if you’re ever having trouble at home. With anything, I’m here for you. If these friends that aren’t really friends give you any trouble, just say the world. You need a sitter? I can send a suit. Basically Avenger privileges—but we’ll keep it between us.

Faith Devareaux || ty ek

Faith Devareaux

Luna
Mutant
29 years old
217 posts
May 6 2018, 08:41 PM
T
here was nothing about being a parent that prepared her for a surprise this big, which was made clear was a shock to her when both brows raised and her lips parted like she was about to say something. Except the absence of words was the only thing that she could muster. The real reaction wasn't words at all. It was the red that glowed in her cheeks and the rest of her face until her lips curled up into the biggest smile he had seen on her, her laugh sweet and melodic. The man was hitting on her, at a time like this, at a time when all hope seemed completely lost. "That was smooth. I um... I didn't expect that. Do you really want me to answer that?" She was nervous, flattered, a hand running back through her hair, the giggles getting out of her system. In a way, it was a compliment. Tony was an attractive man, a brilliant one too. It was flattering, and a salve to her ego after being left behind by the man she had come to know as Nova.

"It's how we do things down south, Stark. You should try it sometime, a little southern comfort food." It did wonders for the soul and the heart, and Tony was definitely in need of some healing and comfort. He looked like he wouldn't sleep for days after the terrors he had been through. And though she didn't particularly have an appetite, it didn't mean she wouldn't be up to her elbows in new recipes and prototype tech... Anything to keep her mind busy... And off of Khorun's death.

Keeping busy was the least of her problems. This was the second time in a few months that someone had targeted her family. Faith had a little girl to protect and it would be done, even if it meant her life. Everything she had built, this empire that she had inherited, it was all for her child, all so that she wouldn't end up with nothing, for Faith never wanted her child to grow up and be just like her, a woman who had been all alone in bringing a child into the world without anyone to lean on. That had been hard enough and without her advantages, it would have been impossible to survive. That wouldn't happen for Lux. Never.

Faith held up two fingers. "Two." It was clear this wasn't up for discussion. He was still recovering from injuries, injuries that were less than a day old. He needed care, not more work. She could dig deeper off the leads they got, but later. When she was home, safe in her office with her daughter asleep not feet from her.

Both people stood in that room, void of something. The world had taken from them, ripped it from them and Faith felt that when she looked at him. They had each been different last time they met... At least it was a burden they could each share, something each could offer companionship for. It was a moment before she would move again, caught in the idea of staring down the barrel of that gun, blood spatter all over her designer gown. Blinking, she looked down at herself, brushing herself off like she was still at the scene.

"Skip em?..." It took a second for her to think about before she nodded. "Internet it is." She was just about to shoot her assistant a text message to bring her laptop to her when Tony stopped her again. Turning to look at him, she put her phone down and listened to what he had to say. The bridge between professional acquaintence and friend had been bridged, perhaps their progress going further than that. But it wasn't something she would dwell on right now. What mattered was she had a friend, someone who vowed to be there, despite everything that he had lost. The offer was generous and held merit. Nodding, she stepped up to him, a hand reaching around him, and fingers gently settling on the back of his neck as she pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "Thank you, Tony. That means everything."

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by