welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.

Angels and Demons, Tag: Warren

Nathaniel Essex

Sinister
Apocalypse
NA years old
23 posts
Dec 27 2017, 11:56 AM
Have you heard about
our god's last joke?
11:05 pm. The gander at his watch notified him that things were right on schedule. The party had been in full swing for hours. Members of the Unity Division had mingled with Hell Fire Club, Avengers, tabloid reports. It even seemed Steve Rogers had fancied a woman from his own team, an observation to be made most useful in the upcoming months. Nathaniel walked along the chess board, writing down a mental note to handsomely reward the event planner his secretary had recommended.

The crystal chandeliers glittered far more than the golden ones he had pictured in his head, all composing an immaculate setting for this night. Flashes of light caught the corner of his eye, another spread for the society pages he assumed. Titans of their industries scattered about with people from Stark Tech, Worthington Labs, Apple, Nova Tech, Oscorp, there was no limit to the range of people that had turned out for the event. Millions had already been raised for the victims of Cairo and every penny would benefit the mourning mothers and screaming orphans. Truly, part of history had been rewritten when the city was taken down by the ruthless beast. "Your drink, Mr. Essex." The scotch was slid to him on the smooth marble surface of the bar. Picking up the chilled glass, he lazily took a sip, dark eyes surveying the hundreds on the upper bar levels of the opera house.

Warren wasn't particularly a hard person to miss. Typically accompanied with flashing lights and wide eyed models vying for his attention, one would say Warren had the look of a classic billionaire bachelor. Handsome face, particularly well maintained physique, and clothes fitted for a prince, yet his aura was not of some pampered brat. There was so much more to the man that had drawn in Nathaniel's attention. Stark was older, seasoned, and already been through a hell of his own. Norman? Well the man was nicely on his way without any nudging from Essex. And Ryder? He'd already been taken care of. Warren was fresh, younger, with less life experience and easier to motivate in one direction or the other, and with so much influence possible. Just how useful could Worthington be in his little chess game? One way to find out.

It was with quiet approach that Essex dismissed a pair of annoying photographers that bombarded the man with flashing lights and camera lenses. "You keep such a busy schedule, I am a bit shocked to see that you managed to make it to this event for the victims of Cairo. Your generosity is greatly appreciated, but your time, now that is truly noticed. I don't believe we've met yet, other than the fleeting words and pictures that remained splashed across page six."[/color] Essex extended his hand to the boy,a genuine smile on his face. "Nathaniel Essex, Essex Corp. I've worked with your father in the past though I've a gut feeling you're a different man with a different vision."

Meet Me In The Night

Warren Worthington

Angel
Mutant
28 years old
7 posts
Dec 28 2017, 01:04 AM
Carpe Noctem. Seize the night.

Some days, it felt as if these were the hours in which he finally came alive. The stolen moments in which he'd soar among moonlit clouds, a true master of all he surveyed. These were the hours he felt free. Free of the demands of his father's business and free of the harness he was forced to wear in public that hid the best part of himself. Warren smiled at the camera. Practice kept him from blinking away the flash. This time it was a request for a selfie with the wife and daughter of the Portuguese Ambassador.

"You keep such a busy schedule, I am a bit shocked to see that you managed to make it to this event for the victims of Cairo."

The voice was pleasant enough but not one he recognized. Warren was polite, turning his attention from one distraction to the next. He didn't speak yet. Instead, he listened to what the man said in the hope he might not make a mistake and forget that the two had met before. Doing so would be awkward and could cost money.

"Your generosity is greatly appreciated, but your time, now that is truly noticed. I don't believe we've met yet, other than the fleeting words and pictures that remained splashed across page six."

It was true. Warren had written a check in support of the recovery efforts. He'd actually visited the site after an unplanned trip to Germany to avert a minor disaster at one of his European weapons plants. There were several of them doting the globe. None of them currently manufactured complete components but rather generated parts that would be shipped elsewhere and combined with other such items to make up tanks, airplanes, and guns. "Egypt has always held a certain fascination for me. Remarkable, the change to the city." It went without saying that the destruction was unfortunate. The suffering in the wake of the catastrophe was heartbreaking, of course.

"Nathaniel Essex, Essex Corp. I've worked with your father in the past though I've a gut feeling you're a different man with a different vision."

"It seems as if you know who I am, Mister Essex." Warren mused as he shook the man's hand. He continued, "I'm sorry. I must not have been involved in that particular project. One of the challenges of running a company that has offices on both coasts." This much was true. He would like to believe he knew all of his father's contacts, but he didn't. He took a sip of his gin and tonic. The green lime rind twisting between the cubes of ice reflected the light from overhead. "I have heard great things about Essex Corp. I hope we can work together, as well." He paused, getting to the point, "Is that why you're here? Would you like a meeting? Shall we have my people call your people?"

Warren could be cocky and prideful. The smile and warm, friendly tone kept him from coming across as an asshole. Another flash of light as a photographer captured the moment. He wanted to know why the man approached him, whether it was to spout off yet another anti-mutant discourse or condemnation of his supposed carefree lifestyle. He sighed as yet more flashes ignited around them. Two eligible bachelors made famous by their money as much as their deeds. This was boring, but the near-smile remained on his face. Good publicity was important. They had a big deal coming up. He wanted to be able to prove to his father once and for all that he was worthy.

for Nathaniel Essex, hoping this is okay!

Nathaniel Essex

Nathaniel Essex

Sinister
Apocalypse
NA years old
23 posts
Dec 29 2017, 04:32 PM
Have you heard about
our god's last joke?
Procuring Warren’s influence had been a necessity at some point. Sooner rather than later they said. Now that the wheels were to be put in motion, the rest of the players involved would have more to keep them busy, and certain checks and balances set. When one influence became too powerful, another would be cast along the board and Warren’s place in all of this would keep several in their place. A man of Warren’s nature wouldn’t be naive though. Likely the boy had spent a lifetime of being nudged in one direction or the other, with an absence of parental figures. The wealthy tended to be suspicious of new comers in the first place. Essex had to set himself aside as a positive mentor, someone who could help Warren’s vision grow.

Similar to other pawns in the game, Nathaniel wasn’t sure what to make of Warren upon first meeting him. The man had two lives and the same could be said for half the other people in his files. Socialite, playboy, philanthropist… Mutant, the man he really was. Born a human but later twisting into something greater, a being resembling the very creatures that served a higher power. And cherub like features? There was no doubt Warren hid resentment for humanity. Such a perfect mutation yet his hands remained tied. To expose himself as one of homosuperior would cost him the reputable status of his company, his social class, and likely dip into the bottom line of the Worthington empire. Shame. And that was all Nathaniel could get just from meeting the man. Beneath the surface, with a deeper look, there was certainly more to the iceberg.

Change. If one could call it that. Seasons changed. The ancient city was wiped out, fresh for new life, new structures. Sometimes, total annihilation was necessary for change to come in and renovate. The human race was irrelevant. They just failed to recognize that.. Essex had identified that at an early age. Most humans were ill equipped to handle genetic change. Enhanced humans and mutants on the other hand... Now that was something to work with. All life came from an ending. A new beginning on a fresh canvas. And the world was being primed for the great work that would be graced upon it. Warren would either join in the renaissance or be wiped out. The choice was still to be made, though with proper guidance, it was almost certain that he’d make a choice to come over to the right side.

The fall for Unity was already under progression, with one of their own lost to the Cairo attack, their leader compromised by the effects of losing Colossus and finding the specimen currently being studied by the scientist affiliated under their institution. With that in mind, there was a place he considered for Warren, a place he could very well fit in and find the troves he was looking for. ”Indeed a change to the city. Egyptian mythology is one of the most beautiful, their deities captured forever in such beautiful works before that technology was even physically possible. Some even say there are devices hidden in the pyramids that were considered ahead of their time, compatible to some of our architectural methods. Isis, the goddess, not the group, is a particular favorite of mine. Her compassion amongst those who wronged her is something we can all learn from.” With the true age came the winds of knowledge. Nathaniel had seen plenty of events and unearthed the secrets of the world when he came to work for his colleague. Surprisingly, that dragon woman was even older than he.

Essex shook the man’s hand and shook his head, a hearty chuckle rumbling deep in his chest. ”Oh by no means do you owe me an explanation. It is not everyone’s style to work side by side along a parent. Rather, I believe it notes an independence that I find admirable. Why be a trust fund baby when you can actually do the work and gain insight to the world and the way it works? You certainly wouldn’t find life experience standing at your father’s side your whole life.” A mention of business came up and though it would seem a perfect step into Warren’s life, he neglected to take it. Meeting the boy was enough. It was best he believed to be in full control.

”No, no, no. I reserve these events to be about the fundraising. Tonight we celebrate the people our world lost to whatever that thing was in Cairo. I’ve brought people from all over together and seeing them coexist and looking to build a brighter tomorrow is what tonight is all about. Nurturing that spirit and whatnot. But if the idea interests you, let’s think about doing a lunch sometime soon. Perhaps a tour of my facilities and the projects I have on deck.” Now there was some bait for the boy.

All that time on this earth and the flashes of cameras still irritated him. It wouldn't be long before humanity would be beneath his boot. Here they were, among perfection, and rather than drinking in their presence, all that mattered at this point to them was capturing the perfect moment, to sell their papers and feed the masses and tabloids of whatever mediocre headline could come to the mind of some lazy and putrid editor. The age of greatness was near. And nothing was going to stop it.

Meet Me In The Night

Warren Worthington

Angel
Mutant
28 years old
7 posts
Dec 30 2017, 07:11 PM
Warren Worthington enjoyed a good chess match, like anyone. If asked, he would have seen himself as more of a knight or bishop than a pawn but he could acknowledge that without pawns the game wouldn't even begin. Not to mention he had won several games in his lifetime with the assistance of pawns. Playing them correctly could make a huge difference. Still, he might have been amused as much as offended to discover that was how he was seen.

In time, however, he might instead simply be proud to serve. A willing partner. An unwitting pawn. A soldier remade to do another's bidding. Time would tell if this was his fate or simply a possible diversion. He might one day be great, greater than he currently was, by some unexamined definition.

He who was nothing if not an industrial prince, America's version of royalty. His was a life of extreme privilege. But one without true freedom, surely. How much would the illusion of true freedom be worth to the young man? How much would he risk to feel reborn and unfettered in flight? Was he willing to trade one kind of chain for another? In time, with the correct guidance and proper nudge, he might just.

Ironic that his new companion would choose a diety often described as having wings. In response, Warren tried not to focus on how much his own body ached to be free of the confines of the harness that bound him. Odd, that a young man would choose to enslave himself to another's whims, but then it was the only way he could appease his father. He took a breath, his muscles straining against the leather straps even as his mind drifted from the wings to the topic at hand. The discussion of how the goddess treated her enemies caught Warren's interest, "If you consider that one of her enemies was poisoned only so she could then offer to heal him, then I suppose that could be considered a kindness. Of sorts." The boy, comparatively, considered his words as well, "Perhaps the word change wasn't compassionate enough, Mr. Essex."

"In truth, I'm considering doing what I can to help Cairo rebuild. I've been looking for a location on that side of the world to build a tower. A base of operations and factory there could serve my interests, and those of my partners, well. What do you think?" He felt properties would be inexpensive, at best. And he could always throw in a community building to sweeten the deal for the governing bodies. He didn't mention that he'd just purchased three square blocks along Manhattan's waterfront as another location for Worthington Industry use. This gave him three locations in NYC, marking a sort of triangular pyramid across the city. This was not even considering his family's massive estate over on Long Island.

"A tour of your operations? Sure, I could do that." Warren replied. He didn't see how this was much different than setting up a business meeting, but then everything in life came back to making and closing deals of one kind or another. He offered the older man a smile, this one more genuine, "My schedule this week is fairly light. Next week, I'm returning to Cairo, to Europe, to tour a few properties."

Nathaniel Essex

Sinister
Apocalypse
NA years old
23 posts
Dec 31 2017, 11:23 AM
Have you heard about
our god's last joke?
When it came to world domination that the world often took part in, all it took was a few key players to join your team and the rest flowed like a well oiled machine. Warren would be the oil in his doomsday device and if this meeting went as smooth as it was predicted to, then the world hadn't a single prayer. Humanity itself was a thing of the past, the world a canvas for the greater beings that would rule in the golden age. It took one good look inside Warren's subconscious and Essex swore he saw the beauty of a thousand lifetimes. A disdain and resentment for humanity that matched his own so long ago before he lost his dear Rebecca. Warren was in the perfect stage of his life to be molded by a proper mentor and Essex was up to the task, even without mental nudges in the right direction.

Controlling people through their mind was only fun for the first few decades. Nowadays, he preferred the classic method, the challenge of not using his power unless he absolutely had to and as of now, there wasn't a man he'd met that could resist his manipulation. Then again, he'd not met everyone on the team rosters yet. Miss Maximoff would certainly be a challenge, The Vision, and even Strange's new pupil. Three against the rest of the world? It was a stacked deck in his pocket as everyone else was already set up to have their might tested in the upcoming months. Maximoff was next in the chain of events that would shake the world and really implant fear in humanity and enhanced people alike.

Another look inside Warren's mind and Essex could sympathize. A man at his age would long for freedom. In a world of tabloids, the media, paparazzi, the world watching every breath you take, freedom was a luxury even the rich couldn't afford. And with an ego like his, it'd be simple enough to exploit that desire and mold it to his benefit. "You're troubled, my friend. I can sense the tension coming off of you." Not to disrespect the boy, but to make clear that Essex understood the pressures of running something that was much bigger than him. "If I may offer you some advice, one billionaire to another, in the end we all end up in the same place. And there's nothing a good PR agent can't fix. Take a breath and enjoy the beauty around us tonight."

The reference to Isis did show mercy. Essex set his glass down on a passing tray and quickly ordered another, his eyes glancing to Warren, the subtle command implanted in his mind to order another of what he was having and communicate it to the server. The subtle trick displayed whether a telepath already had their hold on him. Rather than breaking the boy's mind and fighting the hold of another, it was easier to break the telepath and salvage his future pawn. Only then could Essex get full benefit of the boy. "The deity could have simply allowed the man to be poisoned without any aide, in spite of the traveler's treatment of her. We all have our own forms of mercy and even the gods have a skewed perception of it." Mercy, whether it was cruel or just, was still mercy.

Warren dropped his proposal for the idea of a building in Cairo and Essex raised an eyebrow at the idea, chewing it over before offering his professional opinion. "First and foremost, the world would see it as a form of compassion, bringing a highly grossing industry to their forefront. It'd create jobs, relief efforts, and draw more attention to the area rather than allowing the world to mourn for a week or two and then move on to the next big news story. That's only going to drive your bottom line as well. I'd make sure to put together a winning team to run this facility as you will likely not be there much or travel between other plants during the year." It was simple, straightforward. Warren could be seen as an angel of mercy for buying property that was recently attacked. And brave, being an example to the world that great tragedy cannot stop the advancement of humanity. Both men were one of great movement and inspiration, it was clear within minutes of meeting.

Slipping a card out of his breast pocket, he slipped it to the other man, the information relaying an email and personal cell number to use to get in contact with him. There were only so many things he liked to put on the plate of his secretary and the communication of America's golden boy was not one of them. Warren would demand a much more personal touch than the rest of the people slated to be on his side. "Rather, come to my estate. We can take off our hats and discuss your vision in a much more relaxed and intimate setting. I'll have my chef prepare an exquisite lunch for us. How do you feel about lamb? Perhaps duck?" He tied back the information he observed about Warren feeling troubled, wondering if that would open him up more. "If we do feel like getting out hands dirty, I have several blueprint projects in my home office that we could collaborate on. What do you say?" With his hold possibly on this man, Warren would suddenly feel a compelling urge to stay indoors as much as possible on this evening. The pit of his stomach would dread the idea of something or someone outside of the venue, just waiting to turn this exquisite gala into a tormenting ordeal.

Meet Me In The Night

Warren Worthington

Angel
Mutant
28 years old
7 posts
Jan 7 2018, 04:25 PM
"You're troubled, my friend. I can sense the tension coming off of you."

Before Warren could take offense at the stranger's intrusion, he found himself distracted by the feeling that he was indeed tense and in need of another drink. He hadn't planned on ordering anything else but water and yet he couldn't shake the idea that ordering something stronger was what he wanted. The struggle was not truly one, in the end. There was no question in the matter. Warren was ordering a second drink just as the other man finished offering his advice, "We only live once? Is that it?"

The younger billionaire flagged down a second server and downed the contents of his glass before setting it down and saying, "Another, please." Only once that task was accomplished did he return his gaze back to the man beside him. Even then there was a seed of something hidden just beneath Warren's eyes, a subconscious willingness to serve, to follow, however minuscule.

Mostly, he was surprised and grateful that the other man seemed to appreciate his idea to develop Worthington Industry holdings overseas. His father had been resistant to the idea, saying that it was difficult enough to manage their current properties. Warren was ambitious, though, and he knew that in this digital age more was possible. They could make so much more money, save so many more lives with their medicines. Locating an office in Cairo would improve the lives of thousands. As Essex said, it would be an act of mercy.

"I can work that into my schedule, sir. I'm always curious to see someone else's design ideas." It didn't mean that he'd forego Worthington trademarks in favor of something alien to the idea of what his companies stood for but he was game to discover new ideas. Besides, meeting away from a corporate office was always more relaxed. He took a sip of his second drink as soon as it was delivered. After he did so, he couldn't remember why he'd actually wanted it. Shrugging off those doubts, Warren reached into his own pocket and offered Essex one of his own cards, "This card also has my private line. If anything changes with lunch it may be easier to reach me quickly there."

Odd. He suddenly felt a sense of foreboding. A feeling of dread washed over him. something bad is going to happen. Something outside... He glanced toward the doors at the other end of the balcony and then back to his companion. He knew that he should remain where he was but equally as persistent was the heroic urge to help, to save. He couldn't idly stand by while something horrible happened. He fought the urge to contact his driver, to find an alley and change into his vigilante persona as the Avenging Angel. After a few moments, he couldn't bear it any longer, "I apologize for cutting this short. I look forward to our next meeting. There is just some other place I need to be right now."

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by