welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

I'm coming home, Tag: Open

Natasha Romanoff

years old
0 posts
Jun 13 2017, 09:08 AM
I wish to remain nameless
'Cause what's in a name?

Of course Natasha had kept her head down for a time. Everything had been a mess a year ago and even now she expected some of that whole mess to linger. One could never be too cautious after all, a mindset that was familiar to how she'd been trained. Eventually she had to resurface though. What was left of the team had to know that she was still out in the world.

While going underground has served a dual purpose in allowing her some more freedom to focus on helping James and watch how things changed from a distance, it was well overdue for the spy to make her return to her team. They needed to know she was alive, though she had no expectation for a happy reunion. She expected to be met with suspicion bordering on hostility after vanishing yet again.

So, ever on high alert, Natasha moved through the crowded streets. Her hair and face were obscured by the heavy striped hood of a comfortable sweatshirt, though she wasn't counting on that detail to hide her identity from those who looked beyond an passing glance. In her pockets her fingers ran along the smooth edges of electrified discs, a stunning weapon she'd become rather fond of. Being so close to the tower meant stun and run was a solid tactic. If she was attacked so close to the team it would at the very least draw their attention.

That, at least, didn't happen. Instead she was met with a more physical obstacle. The door refused to budge open. It was to be expected really. Of course security would have gone up. It almost made Natasha want to test breaking in to see how good this latest crackdown was. Almost. For now she'd have to hope someone inside was being alerted to people at the door...

Tag: Open

ty ek

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
598 posts
Jun 16 2017, 04:25 PM
WE ALL ARE LIVING IN A DREAM,
BUT LIFE AIN'T WHAT IT SEEMS

The ordeal in Central Park had been jarring for the young witch and even more so when she had begun fighting with people that had been her friends and teammates only a year prior. It wasn't easy to watch the Avengers be torn apart. Hell, it hadn't just been them either. The entire superhuman community had been ripped apart because of the SRA. Thankfully, the others had been able to shake her out of her stupor just long enough for her to see Rhodey be killed right in front of her. The shock had been tangible.

She wouldn't say that the two of them had been close friends, but he had still been a member of the team. It seemed as though she were the only female Avenger left. She wasn't certain where Natasha had gone and Illyana had hardly been around. She had always believed that they should stick together. It made her realize just how much she had missed Natasha. They weren't' close friends, but she had admired the woman.

It was funny because the first time they had fought together as Avengers, Pietro had stolen a red jacket that had belonged to Natasha and had given it to Wanda. She had worn it. And she had kept it, with Natasha's permission, of course.

She wasn't sure where Natasha had been hiding since the team had split. There was a part of her that wondered if they were ever going to see one another again. No, they weren't close, but she had still been a member of the team and Wanda was going to worry regardless. It was part of her personality. She just hoped that the assassin was doing well.

She had grown a little bit paranoid since the end of the Civil War. She still worried that people were afraid of her or hated her.

Wanda had been heading out to get some tea when she looked up and saw a figure on the other side of the door. Her eyes were wide in surprise at seeing a disguised Natasha. Was it truly her this time? The witch hurried over to the door and began to open it before she frowned suddenly, not daring to pull it open anymore. "Natasha?"

Natasha Romanoff

years old
0 posts
Aug 12 2017, 05:36 PM
'Cause what's in a name?

Of all the people Natasha expected to come to the door she couldn't easily place Wanda at the top of that list. Her move was a little bold, to just stroll up to the front door of the team she'd vanished from rather than operate against when things turned ugly. The previous year had been one of choosing sides and Natasha had the misfortune to see beyond the direct conflict, to worry more about those who'd take advantage of the in-fighting than the actual debate itself. So upon making her way back the spy was ready for things to go sideways. Part of her expected to be met by a mechanical shell and a warning to vacate the premises.

Instead she was greeted by Wanda who seemed willing to open the door before a change of heart took hold that caused her to pause and question if the person in front of her was really Natasha. With a small but sharp nod the spy gave her answer. "It's me," she stated, her posture and voice keeping a ridged and reserved note. "Is anyone else around?" It seemed a fair question. She wanted to know who'd she'd be dealing with. If she'd even be able to return was a question that hung in the air but this had to be the first step forward. And it had to count for something that she'd been the one to make it.

Yet outright saying that she was looking to take up her place within the team again would have to wait. She wanted to get a sense of how she was received before bringing that subject up. "I know I've been away for a while. I figured I was overdue to check in."

ty ek

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
598 posts
Aug 18 2017, 03:31 PM

Things hadn't been easy over the last year. And then the last fight had broken out and one of the Avengers had been killed. While she had never been close to Rhodey, she had recognized how important he was to Tony. His death had shaken the whole team and it was because of that loss that the so called "Civil War" had ended. Steve, Sam, and Clint had gone under ground. She didn't know where they had gone and a part of her didn't want to know. She didn't wish any harm on them. She could understand their stance on the whole SRA because she more or less agreed with them. It had been a feeling of obligation to Tony saving her brother that had stopped her from going to that side.

A decision she hadn't taken lightly, especially as things became violent between the two sides. She didn't want to think about that though. It had been awhile since she had last seen Natasha. The last time she'd seen her, she had left the team all together and then had disappeared for most of the conflict. It had been a bold move and one that she had wished she could do herself.

"It's been a long time. I wasn't certain that I would see you again." She said softly. She had never been very close with Natasha, but she respected her. She was one of the only other women on the team and she also had no powers. And yet she held her own as a hero. And she did that through skill alone. Wanda had amazing powers but she didn't have even a quarter of the skill Natasha did.

She considered Natasha to be the more powerful and dangerous Avenger because of it.

Wanda pushed the door open the rest of the way so that the woman could come in. She was a telepath. She would know if Natasha was lying to her about not really being the Black Widow. She began playing with one of her sleeves. "I haven't seen anyone. I was just about to go out and take a walk."

Natasha Romanoff

years old
0 posts
Sep 4 2017, 01:58 PM
'Cause what's in a name?

"I wasn't sure I'd be coming back," Natasha admitted. It was the truth. She had considered just going entirely underground a few times since the whole incident. She could have easily remained out in the wind helping James to deal with his own past but it had felt too selfish to do that. "I realized you all probably might want some help again. I also hoped we could all put what happened in the past." It had been ugly, there was no denying that fact. Natasha was only glad it hadn't gotten worse than it had been, which it absolutely could have.

When Wanda mentioned being about to go for a walk Natasha nodded in understanding. "Don't let me stop you. It's busy out there though." She didn't exactly want to just turn around and head back outside. No, Natasha wanted to find those on her team and let them know she'd returned. She wanted to get the reactions out of the way so she could know what move to make next. Wanda, at least, seemed alright with her return. Perhaps not thrilled but accepting of it.

"Is no one else really here?"

ty ek

Wanda Maximoff

Scarlet Witch
Avenger
27 years old
598 posts
Sep 4 2017, 03:21 PM

"I'm sure that the others will be glad to have you back. It's been rough since everything ended." Wanda said. To be honest, she didn't know how Tony would react to Natasha coming back. She knew that he hadn't been thrilled when she had disappeared off of the face of the planet. But she also liked to believe that the team was going to be able to become whole again. The whole conflict had been terrible and it had ended even worse. But the Avengers were still needed.

"That's exactly what I have been wanting to do. What happened was..." Wanda trailed off. It was still too fresh in her mind. She didn't want to think about that last fight that had ended with the deaths of so many important people. James Rhodes had been one of those victims. She didn't like to think about that day. But Natasha was right about one thing. They needed the help. The Avengers couldn't protect the world with so few active members.

The young woman looked out at the crowds on the street and she frowned. She wasn't so certain that she wanted to go out there when it was so busy. Over the last several months, she had come to learn that a lot of her childhood had been a lie. Or at least, her parents had lied to her and Pietro about the fact that they hadn't actually been their parents in the first place. If they had told her that they were adopted in the first place, she wouldn't have been so angry. But she still felt betrayed.

"As far as I know of, no. But I also haven't been looking for anyone." Wanda admitted honestly. She didn't know where Tony was. She figured he was probably up in his lab doing something. He was probably the one that Natasha needed to speak to the most anyway.

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 11 2017, 11:25 PM
LET'S NOT HAVE A BAD DAY

In the Danger Zone
Being in the tower was familiar—considering it was where he’d done a large portion of his life’s work before becoming an Avenger. It was just renamed, with a logo at the top of it that helped put the world at ease. If the people in New York, and the rest of the world slept easier at night because of the logo; it was a win. While split, the team was still effective. What was left of it, anyway. Between distress calls and missions to isolate potential global threats, nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Steve was still hiding, and a lot of the other former Avengers had been in hiding. Vision was part of the Unity Division, splitting his time between teams. It meant more privacy, but less manpower on demand. At least he wasn’t phasing through anymore walls.

Tony was in the middle of looking at a particular file in his lab—Steve’s file, clearly. It was his Government file, and all the reasons he was wanted by the Government were clearly defined. Neither of them would ever forget what went down in that old Hydra base. Tony thought about that day often in the aftermath, along with the letter that was sent to him by the former Avenger. Did Tony regret his actions? No—anyone in that situation would have had an outburst. In retrospect it was easy to judge; but he also had to admit that it had been a set-up. The team was divided now, and it wasn’t for the better.

His dark hues scanned over the file, as Tony leaned back; digits running through the stubble on his face. The only thing that broke him out of his focus was the familiar female voice of FRIDAY.

”Boss, it looks like you have visitor,” she chirped out loud, from one of the nearby monitors. He didn’t have to ask to see the live surveillance feed, FRIDAY brought up the holographic image instantly. In his excuse for mild shock, Tony frowned and crossed his arms; brows raising in surprise. It wasn’t every day that Black Widow returned from the void of nothingness. ”Natasha Romanoff is attempting to enter the tower. How shall I proceed?”

”She isn’t exactly the subtle type, is she? Nat knows this place is on lock down—she wants to be seen,” his chocolate hues focused on the image; tracing over the image of the redhead, arms crossed. ”Can’t say we haven’t missed her. She stabbed me in the back, sure, but,” it rolled off his tongue easy. Too easy, but Tony shrugged it off. It was over a year ago; she had her reasons, and he had his. Choices were made.

”It appears that Wanda Maximoff is allowing her inside."

The subtle update didn’t surprise Tony. He’d let them make small-talk. Natasha wouldn’t show up at their headquarters to cause trouble, he trusted the spy that much. ”Let them proceed with their conversation, or whatever. Also remind me to never put Maximoff on security detail.” It was a casual toss as he exited the lab, and started towards the elevator.

”Happy wouldn’t have let her in—even with the red hair,” it was a low grumble, as the billionaire called the elevator.

It wasn’t long after Wanda had answered Natasha that Tony emerged from behind her—moments after stepping onto the floor. He’d picked up on the tail end of their conversation, and invited himself into it the moment he had the chance.

”Wrong answer, Maximoff. Daddy’s always watching,” Tony chimed in from the side, sporting slacks, vest, and dark red tie. One hand slipped into his pocket, as he looked between the two females. ”I was in the lab—Friday alerted me that we had a guest. I saw the red hair, sans the leather suit and decided to come play greeter.” His gaze turned from Wanda, to Natasha—as a coy grin played onto his face. ”Hard beat old habits, isn't it Romanoff?” it was as friendly as he could be from the get-go, regardless of what her intentions were. ”Can’t wait to hear this story—I bet it’s a good one,” the opposite hand slipped into his pockets, as he gestured for the two of them to join him inside. ”You look like you could freshen up. The whole sweatshirt thing isn’t attractive on you. I haven’t touched your stuff or anything—as much as I probably should have,” Tony was already starting towards the elevator as he tossed the comment over his shoulder.

”Meet me in war room when you’re ready to talk,” he didn’t care if Wanda decided to join or not—but he’d be waiting for Natasha when she was ready.

To Wanda Maximoff & Natasha Romanoff | Words: 793+|| Notes:
girlwhowaited @ (cttw)(shine)(tcb)

Natasha Romanoff

years old
0 posts
Sep 13 2017, 12:56 PM
'Cause what's in a name?

While Wanda was quick to claim that others would be glad to have her back there were a few names that Natasha couldn't shake the feeling would probably be less than glad to see her again. It was going to be a rocky road, even if everyone did put the past behind them. People were so often slow to forgive and even slower to forget. Especially the people on this team. At least Wanda seemed willing to let the events of the previous year go, which was a start.

She was about to comment on the fact it was hard to believe everyone was gone when the sound of elevator doors and footsteps stopped her words. Natasha couldn't say she was surprised to see Tony, this was after all his tower, but she would admit she had hoped to approach on her own terms. Oh well, so much for that. There was a lingering tension between her shoulders as she listened to what the billionaire leader of the team had to say, a side effect of waiting for whatever passive insult the man might decide to slip into his words. Instead she was blindsided by the fact that what she'd left behind in her rush to go underground hadn't been tossed out immediately. That was more than a little unexpected.

"Lucky for me I was going for blending into the crowd over attractive," she commented mildly. While it was tempting to take the elevator to go look through what she'd left behind for something nicer there was also just no point in delaying the inevitable. It was Tony she was going to have to talk to in order to take her place back with the team and have any hope of moving forward after all.

With a glance to Wanda and a quiet gesture to show she was more than welcome to go along if she wanted, Natasha made her own way toward the elevator. Whether or not the other woman joined her, Natasha felt a need to move forward. As the elevator doors shut behind the spy and she pressed the button for the correct floor Natasha found herself mentally going over everything she wanted to say. A year ago had been an absolute mess after all.

As the elevator started to slow the spy took a breath and pulled the sweatshirt over her head to expose the plain red top under it. She'd definitely kept herself more casual while in hiding. By the time the the doors opened and Natasha stepped off the elevator she was at least more comfortable in mind and body.

"It's almost like this place hasn't changed at all," she said, looking around.

ty ek

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 13 2017, 07:20 PM
LET'S NOT HAVE A BAD DAY

In the Danger Zone
Tony had a way of deflecting his true feelings with humor. It’s what he’d always done for most of his life. It had happened naturally, beginning when he was a child. He hadn’t had someone there to get feelings off of his chest then—and he certainly didn’t have anyone now. Natasha was complicated—probably more than he was willing to admit. Their work-relationship was an interesting one. She’d been sent to get close to him by Fury several years previously; infiltrating Stark Industries as the perfect Secretary and winning him over immediately. Tony hadn’t ever looked at himself as a job, or even a target before. Romanoff changed that. Not only was there a bigger world than he had been willing to accept, now he found himself in the middle of it.

He’d never had a reason to second guess her loyalty to him. Especially during the Accords. In a surprise move, Natasha took his side on everything. She was the first to speak up, and even agree with him. It shocked both of them—but it didn’t last long. In a move that shouldn’t have surprised him, Romanoff made a call in the field. No consulting Tony. Nothing. She helped Barnes and Rodgers. In the midst of everything, now Rhodney was dead. A constant reminder of that day in the airport. That was all in the past, though. A year had passed. Tony still had the scars, and he didn’t assume that the year had been easy for Romanoff.

With his back to the elevator in the war room—Tony stood next to a large window, a glass of scotch in hand as he peered off into the New York cityscape. He heard the elevator open and the footsteps exit, but didn’t turn. Not yet. Romanoff spoke first and he tipped the edge of the glass to his lips to take a quick shot of the alcohol. It burned, briefly, before Tony set the glass down next to him as he turned towards the redhead.

”We haven’t had a lot of company,” he was honest, and his tone was anything but hostile. There was no reason for him to be cutthroat. Tony stepped forward, nonchalantly shrugging as he approached the spy. ”Numbers have been low—we’re spread thin. Doesn’t entail a lot of time for us mess it all up.” Tony came to a stop in front of Natasha; though he kept some distance between them. With a curious turn of his chin, he slipped both hands into his pockets. ”The red looks good. Glad you took my advice. Much more attractive,” with a subtle frown, his hues glanced Natasha over. She almost looked like the Avenger he remembered.

It probably was time to cut to it—or at least propose the question. ”I’d ask you why you came back, but it doesn’t take a genius to know the obvious,” she wanted to join the team again. It was the only reason, unless she needed help. ”Or you need help, and now that the Accords are repealed you feel safe to ask for a handout. That’s not you, though. You have too much spy pride for that,” his brows furrowed, and Tony turned away from her—back towards the small table that had a bottle of scotch, and two glasses.

”You want to talk about coming back.” It was another clear observation, and Tony began to pour two glasses—one for each of them. After what they’d both been through, he assumed it wouldn’t hurt for them to have a drink. ”Have a drink, sit,” with both glasses in hand, Tony turned towards one of the many sofas; gesturing for Natasha to take a seat. ”Let’s talk.”

To Natasha Romanoff | Words: 618+|| Notes:

Natasha Romanoff

years old
0 posts
Sep 14 2017, 11:18 PM
'Cause what's in a name?

It had been a year. People so often changed in that amount of time and yet from where Natasha was standing it seemed like Tony had hardly changed at all. He certainly looked and sounded a lot like the genius she remembered. At the same time she knew far too well that it would be a mistake to go into their conversation assuming nothing had changed at all. It was how her mind worked; behind a placid expression there was always that part of Natasha that analyzed every scrap of information she gathered.

It took some biting of her tongue to not comment on the fact the team was scattered. She'd played a part in that. In the moment her call had felt like the right one. Everyone that day would have kept fighting until people started dying. Both Steve and Tony were too stubborn for their own good in some regards, especially when it came to ideals they believed in. To keep her friends from killing one another Natasha had let people go, a decision that had cost her more than she wanted to admit. She'd seen far too clearly how much it had shattered the fragile trust she'd built up over her time with the team.

"It's warmer in here than it is outside," she responded instead to his comment about her shirt, shifting the striped sweatshirt in her hands before moving to rest it over the back of a chair. All the while Natasha listened. Her eyebrows shot up at the word handout but it was a passing expression that lasted no more than a split second. He was right about one thing at least; her pride wouldn't let her go asking for help unless things were desperate.

"Well you could say it doesn't take a genius to figure all that out, but in this case it actually did." There was a faint smirk pulling at the corner of her lips as she spoke, taking a seat on one of the indicated couches. It wasn't even a compliment so much as it was stating a fact. "But you're right. Things haven't been stable for some time now but lately its felt like it's gotten worse. You can't tell me you haven't noticed it." For someone like Tony to be out of the loop would be the biggest shock of her year thus far, to say the least. "I'm better use to everyone working here. With the team." She didn't even pause before raising a finger to stop any sort of comment he might make. "And before you question that statement, you should know that if I didn't believe it then I never would have bothered to resurface."

Her words weren't forceful but there was a note of pure factual honesty to them, as if the spy were stating calculated scientific fact rather than her belief. Natasha hoped it would help to make her case in some small way.

ty ek

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 17 2017, 08:36 PM
LET'S NOT HAVE A BAD DAY

In the Danger Zone
Natasha’s dry sense of humor hadn’t changed in the year she’d been in hiding, and Tony didn’t mind it. Despite everything she’d ever done to him—he was willing to move beyond the lies. He understood that his choices hadn’t always been the best either. Every single member of the Avengers was put on a national pedestal for criticism. A lot of that fell on him too; his public approval ratings weren’t exactly the best after his stance to side with the Accords act. When Tony went public as Iron Man he’d been firm in his denial to share his technology. Natasha didn’t exactly have the best track record with the public either, and that’s something they shared in. It would have been easy to deny her entry into the tower, or bring up her stint at the airport the second she walked into the building. But he refrained. He showed patience.

It took a lot for her to come back. That didn’t excuse Natasha from the hard conversation they were about to have, but he’d give her the benefit of the doubt. He’d had enough people walk out on him due to his confrontation technique in his life that Tony had learned a thing or two about handling these kinds of situations. He continued with the hospitality, offering the spy a seat and pouring them each a glass of wine. She continued talking and he listened; holding on to every word. There was a point to her opening statement, and he couldn’t deny it. Things had been rough, and unstable—and it didn’t help that some of the team was scattered. They were down a man with Rhodes gone; something that Tony still struggled with. His best friend was gone, and it’d take a lot more than a year to recover from that loss.

”I never thought you’d admit to liking the whole team thing, but good for you,” with a brief reach of his arm, Tony offered a brief, genuine toast to the comment before bringing the glass to his lips. It was big for Romanoff to admit to needing to be on the team as opposed to working alone. ”I believe you—no question on that front, Romanoff. You’re a damn good agent and I’m not going to lie and say the team hasn’t missed it’s resident spider, kung-fu..whatever it is you do,” it was quick, and followed by another sip of wine. ”We’ve missed you, and the world isn’t getting any easier to handle. I also can’t give you the keys to the castle like nothing ever happened.” Tony hated how serious it came off—affliction in tone, as his hues narrowed. He leaned forward, setting the glass down on the table in front of him; focused on the redhead.

”It’s been a year—and the last time I saw you, you were helping Rogers. One of the most wanted criminals in the world right now. I didn’t have you arrested, because I know in your heart your intentions were good. His intentions were good. I’m smart enough to know that. But it didn’t end with good things, did it?” a frown found his face, and Tony shrugged. ”Rhodes died—for what? Nothing. Guess who had to play clean up? Hm? While you’ve been in hiding, I’ve taken the PR shitstorm. The backlash. The outcry, when I wanted to protect the team.” It could have gone on, but Tony paused. He was venting—truths, as he saw it. That wouldn’t help in the long-run, and he realized that. ”If you’re coming back, we have to address it. You need to tell me you’re here to help—for good. Not because of a secondary agenda.” He took a pause and reached for the glass, holding it in his palm; hues still focused on her. ”I need to know what’s making you tick this time, Nat. Tell me why you belong on this team after everything we’ve been through. No Fury. No initiative crap. No triple imposter, double crossing spy drama. Just you and me. ”

To Natasha Romanoff | Words: 679| Notes:

Natasha Romanoff

years old
0 posts
Sep 22 2017, 12:47 AM
'Cause what's in a name?

Despite some mild pleasantries there was still an unshakeable yet faint crackling in the air. No doubt it was one that wouldn't go away until they got down to the serious conversation about to be had. That was almost a silent understanding. A year had passed but people like them, the sorts of people who comprised the whole team, didn't just let things go without at least a few words on the subject. There were very few exceptions to that rule. Neither of them were one of them however. Natasha had, admittedly, expected to jump through a few more hoops to even get to the conversation they needed to have but even she could be pleasantly surprised from time to time.

There was one small advantage in her court at the moment and that was simply the fact that Natasha knew how to read the genius sitting across from her better than most. For all the flaws the man had, and oh did he have them in spades, she'd worked around and with him long enough to know he wasn't some terrible human being. The spy would even go so far as to say she respected him in some regards. But that was a subject for another time. For now that thought was locked away, no more than the faintest glimmer in blue eyes that remained intently fixed on the genius across from her.

Wrapping her fingers around the glass of wine offered to her Natasha played her part and raised it ever so slightly in response to Tony's toast. The fact she also raised the glass to her lips and took an actual drink said a lot. There were few others she trusted to not poison or otherwise drug a drink they handed to her.

And there it was, the point they were going to have to talk through before anything else. Natasha was almost tempted to smile as it was brought up but resisted the urge and kept her expression muted instead. She let Tony say his piece, simply listening with an intent focus. Cutting him off wouldn't do anything for her either after all. When all was said she took another small drink before responding.

"The last time you saw me, I was trying to help both of you to not kill one another and everyone we cared about," she stated evenly, less to correct and more to give her side of the story. "You were there and you saw how ugly everything was getting. When I looked around and saw that people were likely going to die, I made a call." Her gaze dropped again for a moment. "I'm still not sure if it was the right one, but we can't change the past," she admitted, letting just a crack in her mask show through for an instant.

"If you need to hear that I'm here to help then that's what I'm going to tell you. Not because you want to hear it but because it's the truth." What she was about to say made her hesitate very slightly. It was admitting something that could very easily be taken the wrong way, but it was the clearest way to make her point. "If I didn't still believe in this team and want to be a part of it I could have gone back to what I was. What I'm capable of is something people pay a lot for." The thought alone wasn't a pleasant one. Natasha had fought to cling to her morality more than a few times over the years after all.

"But here I am, trying to come out into the open instead of sink back into the shadows even more. This team may have formed under some poor circumstances but it's a force of good in the world and I want to be a part of that." That was as honest as she could put it.

ty ek

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 24 2017, 07:53 PM

Danger Zone

Tony never imagined that he’d ever have to have a one on one with Romanoff. Not like this anyway; but here they were, and he was attempting to get into her head. While she was practically a walking weapon, she was a weapon that wanted to do some good in the world. He was the first to admit that mistakes were common. How many people had died because of his Ultron mistake? Losing Rhodes was hard on him but he managed. It was just harder on Tony because he was the only one on either side to actually lose somebody. Rogers still had Barnes—sans an arm, but alive. He was struggling with a team he wasn’t even sure wanted him around.

Yet Natasha was here pleading her case and he gave her credit for that. While her answers weren’t as stiff as his questions, Tony expected that. She’d always remained calm in stressful situations. He chalked it up to her ever-impressive training. For once, Tony didn’t find himself interrupting the redhead. No quips came, and he restrained from saying anything just for the sake of doing so. As she finished, the genius tipped the glass of wine to his lips and took a single swig; hues flickering over Natasha, before finding her gaze.

”Glad you see it that way. They were poor circumstances, huh? Alien invasion and all. Don’t think Fury ever thought of us trying to stick together when he drew up the girls and boys club, did he?” he said, leaning back with his focus still on Natasha. ”A year ago it was easier to blame you for the call. There were a lot of calls made—not all of them were right.” A pause followed as he made the acknowledgement, and shifted in his seat. ”Considering I haven’t heard from T’Challa in a while, and with Rogers being the only main target left—obviously for breaking prisoners out of The Raft, they can’t excuse him. But you’re a different story. They won’t come after you if you join the team. I can pull some strings, get you cleared,” it was almost as if Tony could hand-wave her problems away. It would obviously take a little more effort than that, but Natasha didn’t need to know that.

T’Challa had gone back to his homeland, meaning even though he’d told Ross about Natasha’s betrayal, they hadn’t devoted nearly enough resources to finding her compared to Rogers.

Tony wasn’t finished there. Not yet. The two of them had a complicated, intertwined history. A complicated one—since he’d been deceived by Fury. To save his life. Yeah, things became clearer in retrospect. It became harder to hold a grudge against someone who’d been a teammate for so long. Given the difficult circumstances of the team split, he could find it in his heart to forgive her. He hadn't blamed her for Rhodes's death anyway.

”Look, we haven’t always seen eye to eye. But we’re spread thin here, and I trust your ability and leadership on this team more than anyone else. I’m out of options, and I’m not good at this whole—team strategy thing. I’m the backer and planner, not a war general.” It often wasn’t like him to admit faults, but he’d done it before. With Steve. ”I can tell your heads in the right place, Romanoff. I’d like to extend the invitation for you to re-join the Avengers,” he stood up, setting the wine glass on the table in front of him. ”As acting co-leader of the team, and field leader.” She wouldn’t have expected that; but Tony couldn’t do it alone. It was Steve's old position. With him out of the picture, Natasha was the next best option.

Natasha Romanoff

years old
0 posts
Oct 9 2017, 01:53 PM
'Cause what's in a name?

While there was some urge for Natasha to speak up. to clarify that she wasn't worried so much about people coming after her anymore and that her return wasn't just to get that shadow to stop looming over her, she kept quiet with only the smallest pull at the corner of her lips to indicate held back words. So far both of them had managed an actual respectful conversation and the spy wasn't going to be the one to break that if she could help it. In the past they hadn't always agreed but things had come a long way since the days of her actively spying on him.

So she listened, taking a few small sips of wine but keeping her blue eyes locked on the inventor across from her. As casual and relaxed as Natasha tried to be there was almost always that focused element that borderlined on preditory at times. Unless she was playing a part it was just part of who Natasha was. Even now there was a part of her mind at work sizing up the man in front of her, picking apart his actions and words to find how honest his words actually were.

So when she couldn't pick up the lie in his offer to not only rejoin the team but take up a place of leadership there was a beat of genuine surprise. "I can't say I was expecting that," she admitted, the cool tone to her words not quite matching how much that really had taken her off guard. When Steve had asked her to take up a second in command role with the new recruits it was at least something she had seen coming as a part of the trust they'd built up. Tony seemed like someone slow to forget the past and a little more reluctant to trust.

"But if you think the team left here won't mutiny over this, then I'll work with you," she added, shifting so that looking up at Tony was a little easier. "It'll be good to be back."

ty ek

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Oct 11 2017, 08:21 PM

Danger Zone

Tony knew exactly what he was playing at with Romanoff. She wouldn’t expect him to not only invite her back into the team, but also offer a position of leadership. One year ago that wouldn’t have been a realistic thought to cross his mind. Now it was. Not only because of the position the team was in, but because he was forced to look at all the angles. What she did had been a brave call, and she’d compromised herself to try and do the right thing. He hadn’t always been perfect. Bad calls happened, it was human. The fact that Natasha was willing to come back while Rogers was still a fugitive also meant that she was more loyal to her duty, than to him. There was no more gray area with the act repealed. Steve still had to deal with his actions regardless.

”Oh, you know me—I like to throw a good curve ball or two,” he offered, tossing the comment towards Natasha casually. The idea that what was left of the team could possibly munity against her brought a shrug from his shoulders as well. ”If they did decide to munity, they’d just have to deal with it. You’re the best I’ve got, Romanoff.” There was a glint of true sincerity in his tone; dark chocolate hues flickered, meeting her gaze. A small grin tugged at the corner of his lips during the brief pause, warming his features. ”Really, they’ll take you back. Maximoff seemed to enjoy your company enough. Letting ex-fugitives inside the tower and all. You shouldn’t have any problems. It’s not like I’m standing in your way or anything—I need someone to keep me honest here and there. You’ll be good for me in a ridiculously weird way,” causally, he reached down for his glass and tipped it to his lips; letting the statement sink in.

Having Natasha back was a big first step into getting the team organized again. Sure, he’d have to clear her through Ross. Believe it or not, the Secretary of Defense did owe him a favor or two. Tony took a pretty big PR hit when the Accords were repealed. He’d been the face of it for Ross, and when the Government and public decided to overturn it—Tony had been forced to do a lot of backpedaling in the eyes of the public. Getting her reinstated would be a favor. Any allegations still left would be wiped clean. It didn’t hurt that the only thing against her was second-hand, from a witness who wasn’t even an American citizen.

”Good—I’ll get things straightened away on my end. Wouldn’t want anyone trying to cash in on that one million dollar reward on you or anything,” it was a casual-half fact, but Tony didn’t care to elaborate. ”Suppose you’ll want to take that old room back? You know, the one I haven’t touched? Unless you’ve got a super-secret spy hideout down the street.” He sipped at what remained in the glass of wine, arms lightly crossing over his chest.

”You weren’t right here under my nose for the past year, were you?”

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by