welcome, Guest
site updates

CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ICC!

Here is a second tab! You can use this for a tagbox or info or whatever.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Didn't make sense not to live for fun, tag : Tony Stark

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Sep 17 2017, 10:55 PM
All that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold
Peter really hadn't expected New York City to be this exciting. Side effects of being raised in a relatively small city, he guessed, although every city was small compared to NYC. He was still looking forward to trying out a bit of the nightlife, even if he half-doubted it would compare to some of the intergalactic ports he'd overnighted at. Well, he was willing to be surprised, so he could say that for himself. And the Milano was handling like a dream in Terra's atmosphere. He banked her low over a few buildings, searching for a place to set her down.

Undoubtedly Gamora would be mentioning something or other about following Terran rules right about now if she were here, but Peter was on his night off. That's when you were supposed to get into all your trouble. He found a clear roof on a fancy restaurant and decided to hell with it, landing without a hitch and starting to shut down his ship. No doubt somebody had heard or seen him coming in, but that wasn't his worry since he'd left the shields up. Instead he wanted to double-check a weird little rattling noise he'd heard towards the back of the ship.

Where Rocket had last been playing around with the wiring, come to think of it. Damn trash panda better not have planted another bomb 'in case of emergencies'. Very few emergencies were improved by your ship exploding, a concept that his teammate seemed to not understand as well as Peter would like. Deciding to ignore the likelihood of Terran involvement in the near future, he sang under his breath with the song on his Walkman as he opened up the side panel. He didn't plan on staying, just checking whether or not there were more weird classes of explosives before he went for some dinner. "They say "Brandy, fetch another round". She serves them whiskey and wine." Good song, all things considered.

He whistled through the chorus as he dug through the rat's nest of wiring, not finding anything to considerably worry him. Seemed like the explosion would wait. Peter unbuckled his holster belt, draping it over the back of the copilot's seat. Terrans were so damn touchy about a fella carrying his own weapons that he'd learned it was generally better to not carry them along. Although it was easy to get away with his jet boots and the helmet pod. Grabbing his red jacket from a hook in the hallway, he checked a last couple of readouts before making his way to the bay door.

"Stone age love and strange sounds too, come on baby let me get to you," his Walkman played. Peter bobbed his head with the music, humming a few bars here and there as he left his ship, only glancing back once to make sure the door had closed. And great, the Terrans were here when he turned back around from a frankly impressive twirl. "Hey, man, if this is about that outstanding speed ticket, I swear I'm about to get on that," he promised, pulling his headphones down around his neck. The man gave him an unimpressed look. "Okay, I'm getting the feeling that you're not here about that."

"Is that your vehicle, sir?" the security guard asked, nodding toward the ship.

"Well, yeah, that's the Milano. She made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs," he said, deadpan. Evidently the guard didn't get the joke. "Aw, c'mon, man, I'm just here to get something to eat. You guys don't do free parking any more?"

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 18 2017, 09:52 AM
LET'S NOT HAVE A BAD DAY

In the Danger Zone
Tony often found himself on standby when there wasn’t a world crisis going on in the world. If the Avengers weren’t needed, it was weird for him. Because now he knew there were threats in the Galaxy that he’d never understand. It made it difficult to prepare for the unknown; but he tried anyway. It meant constructing a multitude of suits, and monitoring the world. His growing partnership with national security paid off in that sense. Playing nice with Ross during the Accords earned him some points, and that meant creating some connections. Things like airspace monitoring and having access to global satellites. If anything unusual happened in, or around Earth’s atmosphere he’d know about it. It wasn’t the suit of armor that he figuratively wanted to build around the world, but it allowed him to watch over it.

He was between places at the moment—between the tower, and the new Avengers facility that was being built. It was upstate, and in a better location. Downtown New York wasn’t the ideal place for the team to have its headquarters; but he hadn’t moved everyone out yet. Tony was currently in the midst of half-monitoring, half rescheduling meetings with Ross. In addition to bank-rolling the Avengers, he was forced to step into the role of field leader; the role that Rogers originally had before everything went to hell. It wasn’t a position that he had actually embraced—but he was making an attempt to make it work. The leadership position came with a lot of responsibility that he wasn’t used to having. A lot of one on ones with members, and handling inner, personal conflicts as they happened.

”Boss, satellites are picking up an unidentified flying object entering the atmosphere right over New York.” FRIDAY echoed around the workshop he’d stashed himself in. Her warning was echoed by several monitors and radars—all highlighting the position and speed of the unknown object.

”Uh, UFO. You mean UFO,” it was a half-wit directed towards the A.I. before Tony immediately prepared himself for the worst. He didn’t want to alert the team; and no doubt, the military had the same information he did. The only difference was Tony had the ability to react faster.

One suit was already in the workshop—standing, open and ready for the Avenger to step into. It was the MK 47; one of the more recent models. It also was notable for its strong silver paint job, with red and gold accents. Within seconds, Tony had stepped into the suit and it enclosed around him. The F.R.I.D.A.Y OS booted instantly, and greeted him in the suits HUD.

”I’ve got the location of the UFO, sir."

”Map the fastest route. We need to get there before Ross does. I’d like to keep that fraction of New York standing. If I need backup, I'll top-line Maximoff. ” it was half-sarcasm, as FRIDAY slid an automated window to the tower aside. It allowed Tony to launch out of the tower—boosting into the air with the suits thrusters.

The location wasn’t far from the tower, and Tony began to realize that as familiar buildings began to come into view. The HUD mapped out the names of every restaurant, before he ascended higher—scanning the rooftops. The ship parked on top of the roof of a rather busy restaurant wasn’t hard to miss. It also didn’t look like anything he’d ever seen on Earth.

”Uh, Friday?” he hovered closer to the building, scanning the ship thoroughly from a distance. It didn’t match any model aircraft known to the military, or in the world.

”Is that a spaceship parked on top of Maialino’s?” it was an upscale Italian restaurant—but it having a spaceship on the roof wasn’t exactly normal.

It almost looked like someone from outer space decided to make a pit stop on Earth to get some Italian take out.

”The aircraft doesn’t match anything in national, or global records, boss.”

Tony already knew that. Intrigued, he hovered closer—picking up on a figure. It looked human enough; better than an obvious alien stepping out of the ship.

”Well, I don’t think Maialino’s is getting into the intergalactic Italian cuisine market—so I should probably check this out,” the self-invitation was a witty mumble, and Tony quickly approached the roof; descending towards the roof and landing on it with a metallic thud behind the security offers who’d already approach the ship and its pilot.

”Didn’t you hear him? That piece of junk made the Kessel run in twelve parsecs, it’s a thing,” Tony announced upon landing. He stepped between the security guards, and waved them aside. ”This is an Avenger matter. Go about your business, or whatever it is you do,” really, what was an upscale Italian restaurant security team going to do? They didn’t challenge the infamous Avenger, and instantly retreated. It left Tony alone with the pilot, who was clearly dressed in outdated apparel.

”Something tells me it’s been a long time since you’ve been home.” The observation didn’t take a genius. Whoever this was was from Earth like three decades ago. ”The jacket gives it away. Outdated fashion, and all. You make it work though.” Tony retracted the helmet of the suit, just to show his face. He didn’t want to come off as a threat if the male was friendly. ”What brings you back home? I kinda need to know before the guys in green roll up in tanks wondering where their dangerous alien enemy is.”

To Peter Quill | Words: 916| Notes:
girlwhowaited @ (cttw)(shine)(tcb)

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Sep 18 2017, 01:24 PM
The scintillating conversation between an intergalactic hero and a probably-underpaid rent cop was unfortunately cut short by a new arrival. Peter had to admire the guy's style, all things considered. Flying and flashy - whoever he was, chances were they were going to get along. Or so he hoped, because Terrans had always been a picky bunch of people. You never knew what kind of weird crap someone from Terra might pull... something he certainly didn't know firsthand.

"Hey, she's not a piece of junk," he protested when his ship was slandered. "She's the best ship from here to Xandar." And beyond, but Xandar had a damn good aerial navy. Peter had been pretty proud of himself for outflying them here and there. The Milano might not be everyone's favourite ship, but Quill wouldn't take any other one.

But regardless of all the lying falsehoods, the stranger managed to intervene to get security off his back, which was good enough for Peter. "Hey, man, thanks for that. Cops these days, right? They see one spaceship and next thing you know..." He shrugged, clearly not taking the reception to heart. Guys had to do their job, after all, and it wasn't like Terra had ever been high up on the list of intergalactic vacation spots for anyone besides the Chitauri.

"Just a few years, give or take," he agreed when the stranger commented on the timing of his last visit home. Then came a kind of backhanded compliment, but Peter chose to focus on the positive half. "Don't worry, man, with this body, I can make anything work." And his self-confidence was hardly misplaced. Or at least he had had plenty of encouragement. Besides, a little bit of classical taste went a long way, according to his paramours.

Finally he got a look at the other man's face, which made Peter just a little less suspicious about the possibility of getting attacked. Yondu had always insisted that you couldn't trust a man if you couldn't see what he was thinking. He'd also said a lot of stuff that hadn't made any sense, but that was Yondu for you. "I heard New York got kind of hammered a couple years ago with those Chitauri invaders. Figured it was about time for a break. You know, check out the home planet, do a little sightseeing, get yelled at for where you park your ship when you get hungry." Sometimes life just isn't fair. "And I promise that I'm not dangerous, as long as I get some caffeine in the mornings.

"Anyway, speaking of food, I've heard this place is great. You kept those guys off the Milano, least I can do is bring you along and pay for a couple beers." Well, come to think of it, a downtown Italian restaurant might not be the best place to drink with your buddies, but the offer still stood. Even if Quill hadn't been too worried about his ship, or himself, one good turn deserved another. Something even the Ravagers agreed with, though they were usually trading blows than favours.

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 18 2017, 03:44 PM
LET'S NOT HAVE A BAD DAY

In the Danger Zone
Considering the situation the stranger was in, he sure did have a sense of humor. He’d landed in plain sight on a spaceship that Earth hadn’t seen before. That wasn’t even taking into consideration the last time a spaceship came to New York, it was an alien invasion. The locals weren’t exactly open-minded when it came to random, intergalactic invaders. Tony was even surprised that he was taking a peaceful approach instead of blasting the ship out of the sky; or at least attempting to. Whoever the pilot was, he’d done a good job coming off as a non-threat. He was still attempting to find out if the man understood the gravity of the situation he’d put himself in. Tony knew all about deflection and downsizing bad situations with humor. Something told him that wasn’t something this man from space was knowingly attempting to pull off.

Everything about him was down to Earth. Everything that left his mouth was noted, but Tony found himself cutting in as the stranger attempted to offer him dinner.

”Listen, uh, I’m flattered that you want to come from space on some intergalactic vacation and buy me dinner—but that invasion you mentioned? It happened in this city. The people here are still recovering from it. You’re a UFO to them, and the whole friendly alien thing isn’t going to go over well if we don’t clear this up quick.” It was a quick attempt at relaying the situation the stranger was in. ”So I need a couple things from you. One, your name,” that was a given—introducing a human from outer-space without a name to Ross wouldn’t be a good opening move. ”Two, any space uh—blasters, or whatever you do or do not have. I need those, before you create a lapse in space-time or whatever. The Chitauri scraps have already caused enough problems. Come on, give em’,” Tony stepped forward and reached his gauntlet covered hand out.

Regardless if the stranger decided to comply or not, Tony got an update from FRIDAY from within the back-up coms in his ear.

”Boss—Secretary Ross has ordered a strike team on your location. You have less than sixty seconds before they arrive,” it was casual, and Tony made an attempt at covering the concern that should have found his face.

”Right—so, I’ll take a rain check on that dinner. You need to come with me. No time for questions.” With a simple tap of his gauntlet, the helmet remerged and covered his face—with the mask illuminating two blocks that acted as his eyes, and HUD. ”FRIDAY, put in a direct call to Ross’s line. I need to talk him out of starting World War 3,” it came casually, before Tony turned to the stranger. ”Not afraid of heights are you?” unannounced, and unaware to the gadgets that the man had; Tony was prepared to fly him manually to the Avengers Facility.

To Peter Quill | Words: 490 | Notes:
girlwhowaited @ (cttw)(shine)(tcb)

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Sep 18 2017, 08:58 PM
"Hey, man, I'm not here to hurt anyone unless they come after me first. And they're gonna have a pretty hard time getting to me, so I like the odds of nobody coming out of this worse than they went in." If he could get to the Milano, he was safe, and he made a point of not straying too far from it. What use was an escape ship if you couldn't use it to escape? Besides, his girl couldn't look too different from some of the private civilian crafts out there.

Evidently this guy was serious about what he was saying. Oh well, no point in not playing along. "My name's Quill, Peter Quill. Some people call me Star-Lord, I'm the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Actually, you Terrans probably haven't heard of us, but we did kiiinda keep Thanos from coming after you guys after that Asgardian douche tried to renovate the City into his playground." Peter didn't think too well of Loki, and for good reason - what kind of jerk tried to destroy planets? Well, he knew the answer to that one.

Asking for the blasters, though, that was just a no-go. "First of all, if you guys are screwing around with space-time weaponry, you guys need a vacation way more than we do. That's serious shit." And he'd be just a tiny bit impressed if Terrans had figured out that much while he'd been gone, because seriously. "I've got a couple pistols in the Milano plus whatever my team left laying around." God only knew what Rocket had left in there. Or Gamora or Drax. He was pretty sure that the raccoon had taken all the explosives with him, at least.

Whatever information the Terrans wanted, well, Peter would be happy to give it to them. Unless it was something that would compromise one of his family members. But the weapons, though, those were things he was a little more iffy about. "No offense, but I've got no idea what or who you are, so I'm not handing off anything to you that you don't already have." Last thing he needed was to accidentally give space weaponry to some Terran warlord. Sure, this guy had done a favour for him, but that didn't mean he was a good person.

"You're breaking my heart, Terran," he teased when Tony voiced his intention of a rain check. He raised an eyebrow at the way the other man's voice sounded with the mask, and of course the words. Who was Ross and why was he starting wars? Somehow he was getting the impression that this Terran guy was blaming him for that, and probably for good reason if these people were as flighty as he'd made them sound, considering the last alien invasion.

"'Course not," he answered with a short laugh, scuffing one boot heel across the rooftop to punctuate his remark. Flyboy afraid of heights? That would definitely be something to laugh about. Although if you shoved a guy out of the cockpit without his jet boots, that was a whole different story. One that even he wouldn't tend to laugh off immediately. Maybe he should ask why... but Peter had always been fond of surprises.

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 18 2017, 10:56 PM

danger zone

Tony was having a hard time not throwing Quill’s comments right back at him—if only to match his sarcastic nature. He was actually already taking a liking to the spaceman; but their situation didn’t exactly give them the chance to enjoy the moment. The question of heights was met with a chuckle, and a quick display of some kind of thrusters hidden in Peter’s boots. In that moment Tony didn’t question it. He had to get Peter to the Avengers Facility before Ross decided to surround the Italian restaurant with the Army. There wasn’t time to argue against Quill and his stubbornness to not hand over any weapons. This also meant leaving his ship behind, unless it had some kind of auto-pilot.

”No—I didn’t mean we were literally messing with the space time—never mind,“ there wasn’t time to explain it. Time was short, and for whatever reason Tony felt the need to protect the vacationing non-alien. ”Look, can you put that thing back into space on auto-pilot? Come on, even I have that,” that had to be a given, right? That way Ross would be distracted; and he wasn’t currently prepared to chase something into space. If Peter could make that work it would give them the opening they needed to fly back to base. ”It’ll buy us time, maybe even enough for that Italian dinner you owe me,” it was quick, and with a shrug as Tony angled his arms to his sides. He activated the thrusters in his palms and feet, hovering in front of Peter as he waited to see what Star-Lord would do.

Meanwhile, Tony decided to keep Ross busy while Peter hopefully went along with his plan. If he didn’t, things were about to get messy in downtown New York.

”Tony? If you’re calling about the reading—you better not already be on scene. This is a matter of national—“

”Whoa there boss—I had the same readings you did. Guilty as charged, I was first on the scene,” a little bit of truth went a long way. Hopefully Ross would hear him out long enough to back-off, or at least stall his troops. ”Situation is entirely normal. Looks like a malfunctioning weather-balloon of some kind. I didn’t know you guys put weather balloons over New York. Fun fact.” There was a forced positive chip to his tone, as Tony motioned for Peter to follow him. Hopefully he’d already sent his ship back into space; and in real time, the satellites would show it moving through airspace.

”We’re seeing activity again, Stark. Do not pursue. I repeat, do not pursue,” it was a firm command echoing in the HUD of his visor. If Peter went along with everything it was hopefully enough to get them to the Avengers Facility in upstate New York.

”You’ve got it, boss. Standing down. I’ll be on standby if you need anything,” like an obedient solider, Tony disconnected the call before looking behind him while flying through the air; hoping Quill was following.

”You see how much trouble your little vacation caused, Quill? Maybe you should just try a friendly post-card next time?”

ty ek

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Sep 18 2017, 11:52 PM
Peter grinned when Tony 'never mind'ed his explanation. "Another rain check, right?" he joked. He was a little surprised that the other man asked about his ship. "Yeah, she's got autopilot. Don't worry, dinner will be great." He dug in his jacket pocket for the tab that would autopilot the Milano into orbit around the planet, or return her to his location. But he didn't find it, so he made a run back to the ship, bolting down the hallway to the console and dropping his headphones and Walkman on the co-pilot's seat. For a second he hesitated, hoping his ship would be all right, then decided he might as well trust this guy.

"I'm putting some serious trust in some asshole," he muttered under his breath. And risking his home, no less, although he hardly expected the other man to know that. He pocketed the autopilot tab that he'd found on the dashboard, not wanting to risk losing it, and quickly set coordinates for the empty space near Jupiter. She would be safe there until he called for her. Confirming the location, he set the autopilot on a fifteen-second delay and bolted for the bay door, grinning at the excitement of his sudden adventure.

The Milano nearly took him with her, but Peter had made a run for it just in time, even if the burn of her takeoff did knock him back a step. He turned away from the rush of hot air and dust, activating the helmet pod to protect himself. A pebble dinged off the side of it, which made him kind of glad he had, and he jogged a few steps away to be a little further out of the blast radius, though that took up about half the roof, considering.

Fortunately the autopilot was in perfect working condition. Though she took a slow bank up the first thousand feet or so, from there she skyrocketed up at a sharp angle, seemingly directly into the atmosphere. It would seem like she was moving in a straight line until she was beyond most earth radars, unless someone had messed with navigation. Peter always hated sending her off by herself, but space pirates were notoriously absent around this part of the galaxy, so at least she was more likely to be safe.

He kicked his rocket boots into action when the stranger mentioned for him to follow, refraining from any dramatic maneuvers until they knew just how much danger they were in. Time for fancy flying later, and probably plenty of it. As the very strange but very likeable Terran led the way through the air, Peter indulged in a few fancy dips here and there. It had actually been kind of a while since he'd flown like this. He'd have to do it more often.

"Aw, c'mon, I'd be depriving you of my awesome company if I'd never come here! You know you like me. Besides, where would I send a postcard to?" He had no idea whether any of his family members were still alive, much less where they'd be. Though he just might fly over to Missouri sometime if he got some free time for it. "Getting in trouble is at least three quarters of the fun anyway."

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 20 2017, 10:47 PM

danger zone
Tony observed as Quill made it overly difficult to send his ship into space. He had to run back inside, and make an overly climatic ordeal. When he’d asked if there was autopilot, he didn’t expect Peter to have to run back inside his ship. Despite having to wait for the strange man, the Avenger found himself enjoying the charm that Peter had. On the Avengers he was surrounded by ex-SHIELD agents, borderline teenagers, and otherwise, people who didn’t have a sense of humor. Patiently, Tony kept the suit hovering above the building; his HUD scanning the ship as Peter jumped from it, and it soared off into the sky. It would be safer not on Earth, that much was obvious. The last thing he needed was Ross finding an excuse to impound a spaceship and probably make a poor attempt at reverse engineering the technology.

”Oh? So do you always have to do the whole overly dramatic jump before it flies off thing? You should look into wireless autopilot. You know, for time sensitive situations; that’s gotta exist in a Galaxy far far away, right?” it was half question, half-quip as Tony adjusted himself in the air towards the northern part of the city. The facility was in upstate New York—which would probably be the safest place for a man from outer-space. ”Nice boots. Compliments the whole eighties look you have going on. Guess people in space don’t know the difference, do they?” did he want to know? With the invasion of New York, and Thor existing—Tony was forced to accept the fact that there were worlds and civilizations outside of Earth.

He couldn’t be the center of the universe anymore; but he could protect his home planet the best way he could.

With the two of them most likely flying together, Tony kept a focus on Ross’s scanners. He wouldn’t follow an empty ship into space, which would probably bring him back to him for questions. Obviously there was no weather balloon. The excuse had actually been pretty cliché on his part, and he expected Ross to follow up on it.

Whatever, it’d worked for now. Tony was getting Peter to safety, and then he could get some answers. Obviously Earth wasn’t a popular Galactic tourist attraction, because situations like Peter didn’t happen very often. It was all or nothing it seemed; either no visitors at all, or Earth was invaded by an alien army. Another name also stuck out to him; one that Tony hadn’t had time to comment on. Thanos. He didn’t exactly know who that was, and he didn’t want to know. It was something he’d follow up on later; if only to add something to the records. If Thanos was a potential thread to Earth, he wanted to know about it.

With their flying the aerial commute to the facially wouldn’t take long. Tony took the suit slower than usual to make sure he’d keep Quill in sight. The last thing he needed was a man out of time seeing a shiny attraction and taking his Galactic knowledge to some stranger.

”There it is—you’ll be off the charts here, at least until I figure out what to do with you,” it was an acknowledgement tossed over Tony’s shoulder as he descended towards the ground. He landed feet first, and immediately retracted the helmet of the suit to expose his face. His attention turned towards the heavily secure entrance, and he assumed Peter would follow him.

”Highly secure. Recently remodeled—“ his attention briefly focused on the giant ‘A’ that was engraved into the building. Considering he’d already picked up on Peter’s sense of humor, Tony was just waiting for a snarky comment. ”Oh, right. You mentioned you were part of a team or whatever? What was it—the Guardians of the Galaxy?” with a raised brow, he approached the entrance. The system recognized him and seamlessly granted him access. ”Which Galaxy does that actually pertain to? I'm curious.” he didn’t expect a serious answer—but Tony didn’t like silence. The more he kept Quill talking, the more in control of the situation he was in.

”This is the Avengers Facility. It’s sort of a team thing—saved the world a few times, long story,” with a quick prompt, the suit opened up and parted around him to allow Tony to step out of it. Outside of the armor, Tony wore dress clothes which would probably surprise Quill. It consisted of a dark black suit, black vest, and a red tie. ”You are my ridiculously random guest, and a potentially catastrophic problem if we don’t play our cards right.” The armored suit closed up behind him, and Tony’s gaze narrowed; focusing on Peter as he slid both hands into his pockets.

”Walk with me—give me the cliff notes on why you’re here,” he turned towards one of the glass corridors, which also gave them an extremely vivid view of the facility. ”I hope, and assume you didn’t come here just for Italian food.”

Peter Quill | ty ek

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Sep 21 2017, 01:42 AM
"I was here for some takeout, man," Peter protested, not taking it to heart. "I left the autopilot tab on the instrument board." Which had seemed like a good idea at the time... Or so he'd thought. It was probably a good thing that his mysterious rescuer had shown up, all things considered. He wouldn't have been in the mood to shoot anyone, that was for sure, but it was likely for the best all around that a situation hadn't developed.

"Nah, those guys have no idea about Terran fashion. They don't even know about pizza most of the time." That had evidently been a much more Terran-only food than he'd thought. And tracking down the ingredients and figuring out how to put them together and been a hell of a ride, but space pizza wasn't that bad, all things considered. And most other alien races didn't even have much interest for it, which was a bonus.

And it was probably a good idea on Tony's part to keep an eye on him. New York City held plenty of worthy distractions as far as sightseeing went. It wouldn't be at all out of the realm of likelihood for Peter to drop by and take a peek at something. Considering the reaction that the Milano had gotten, he'd probably worry even more people by doing that. But while he understood the consequences and results of the Chitauri invasion, other planets just didn't care about newcomers, for the most part, even if they were complete strangers.

"Looks like a fun place," Peter said cheerfully as they landed. He tapped the helmet pod once they were on the ground, ruffling his hair up a little in a doomed attempt to make himself look presentable. The place actually looked kind of formidable, but he wasn't too concerned about that, not with one of their own escorting him in. Of course, getting back out again might turn out to be a bit of a hassle, but probably nothing he couldn't handle, in the long run.

"What's the A stand for, Assholes?" Partly curious but mostly snarky, as Terran an attitude as ever. "You guys must have figured out the cute and cuddly look didn't work for you if you went through the trouble of redoing the place. I hope you didn't do it all on my account." Or maybe it had had to do with the alien invasion. Who knew what the guy's definition of 'recent' was.

"Guardians of all galaxies, really. Although we're usually only in one at a time." Until recently, at least. The Guardians couldn't spend their time together 24/7, but it still felt kind of weird to not have the team at his back. Even here on his old home planet, though he hadn't been sure if he'd feel any attachment to the place after being away for so many years. It was more roomy than his ship, at least. "It beat Rocket's idea, he wanted to call us Dicks United. Classy, right?"

"You guys do sorta the same thing as us, huh?" he asked, watching with undisguised interest as the suit opened. The fancy clothes were surprising. For some reason he wasn't expecting to see a suit and tie on the guy. A flight suit, maybe, or street clothes. "Geez, you didn't have to get all fancy for me. I'm not a picky guy." Even if the whole place seemed a bit impressive. Certainly far different from what he remembered from the last time he'd been here. "You say 'ridiculously random' like that's a bad thing, it's not all that horrible."

"The flight would have been worth it for some hot bacon cheese fries, but no." He glanced out the window as they walked, attention fairly divided between their conversation and the view. The closest thing he'd seen to this had been on tv as a kid, at least on Terra. Space had far more advanced tech in a lot of places, but his curiosity would always be strongest with his home planet. After all, it had been a long time.

"Shortest version is the team needed a break and I wanted to come home for a while. I haven't been on Terra in more'n twenty-five years. And I figured there would still be help needed with the aftermath of the Chitauri. Things like that, it takes a long time to come back from." He'd seen it happen on other planets. Not from the same alien race, but in general.

"How about giving me cliff notes on why you showed up. Maybe even start with your name." While Peter said it jokingly, he was entirely serious. He'd given up some information as a show of good faith, and due to his own friendly nature, but it was about time he got something in return. Knowing who he was talking to was a good start, wasn't it?

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Sep 26 2017, 03:22 PM

danger zone
”Stark. Tony Stark—probably should have led with that, huh?” it was a completely rhetorical question, obviously. He’d taken control of the situation and hadn’t considered the fact that Peter had no idea who he was. They were strangers to each other; but there was always the chance that the Stark name would jog a memory or two. Tony wasn’t betting on it. It sounded like it’d been a long time since Quill had been on Earth. The term Terran, as he wanted to put it wasn’t something he’d ever heard Earth called. ”Terran, huh? That some kind of fancy name for Earth on the whole universe spectrum thing?” he didn’t like being reminded just how small and insignificant his planet probably was in the grand spectrum of the universe.

Peter had already confirmed that there were several active galaxies—all probably populated with life that modern day science couldn’t comprehend. Asgard being a thing was only the beginning that much was obvious. ”You’d think after meeting Thor I’d get used to the whole alien, people from other worlds. Funny how I don’t seem to be getting used to it,” it came with a shrug as Tony began walking forward—down a long hallway. If the two of them were going to have a conversation, some refreshments wouldn’t hurt. ”If you wanted takeout, you’re obviously hungry. I can get the best stuff in New York delivered. Italian? Cheeseburger? An Italian cheeseburger?” whatever came to mind, Tony tossed back over his shoulder.

”The Avenger team was formed a few years ago—your uh, Chitauri invasion that you keep mentioning brought us together. We were all sort of stalked and tracked by this super-secret one eyed Government agent, or whatever. He brought us together as a last ditch effort to save the planet. Shockingly, it worked.” Tony glossed over the finer details, including the nightmares. ”It opened the door to more crazy. We’ve dealt with some catastrophic events rooted right here. I’ll admit, I’d rather take home-based threats than aliens any day of the week.” His step slowed, and Tony turned towards Quill as he’d step into what was a large lobby. It offered several couches and tables for lounging.

It was time to be honest with Peter, after giving him the Avenger backstory. ”The Government kinda has a low tolerance for outsiders from other planets. I don’t think they’re even used to Thor yet. Ross saw you as a threat the second you were a blimp on their radar,” he said, hues turning to meet Quill’s gaze. ”That’s our Secretary of Defense with an itchy trigger finger. He’s tried putting us in check, too. You’ve missed a lot since you’ve been gone,” being blunt was natural; he assumed Quill appreciated that. ”If you plan on sticking around you’ll have to keep a low profile. No more spaceship—and you can’t use fancy those rocket boots in public. Questions being asked won’t lead to good things. Not until I can get you cleared.”

Peter Quill | ty ek

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Sep 26 2017, 08:57 PM
Of course, name Stark didn't ring any bells - Peter wouldn't have recognised any Terran, no matter how famous, by name or face. "Nice to finally meet you," he said with a grin. At the question about Earth's name, he chuckled and shook his head. "The Galactic Council has got all sorts of fancy delegations for worlds that haven't made it to space yet but harbour intelligent life. Unless you're talking to some politician, though, everyone calls it Terra. Not that many people have ever heard of here before. You'd be surprised by the number of galaxies that people think I come from." And there had been some wildly inaccurate guesses.

"Who's he and what quadrant is he from?" he asked, interested, when Tony mentioned an alien he was familiar with. Evidently there had been previous alien visitors other than the Chitauri and whatever god had tried to lead them. Details had, honestly, been sparse when Peter had asked around. Nobody much cared about a world being attacked when it had only suffered major damage to one city, and nobody in the area came from the place. He'd never met another Terran, not even a halfbreed, although that didn't entirely surprise him.

The mention of food got him interested. "Honestly, I'd sign a Kree blood oath for a double pepperoni pizza and a Coke. You guys still have those, right?" What could he say, he was usually a pretty simple guy. And he really had missed certain Terran foods that he'd enjoyed as a kid. When it came down to it, he wouldn't even try to guess how culture and food might have changed since he was a little kid, but he'd be sorely disappointed if such a classic had become outdated.

He nodded along with Tony's brief history of his team. "So Terrans are perfectly okay with government stalkers forming what are nearly suicide squads?" Only a maniac would go up against a force vastly superior in tech, numbers, and leadership. And it sounded like there were half a dozen or so of those people, going by the normal team size. "You and me both," he agreed when Tony stated his preferences as to threat levels. "What keeps you guys from being bored when you're not dealing with global catastrophes, playing baseball?"

In all honesty, he hadn't expected any true opposition from a Terran police. They weren't exactly a backwater planet, but nothing compared to some of the places that he'd been. "You know, I have no idea what a Secretary of Defense is," he pointed out. "Big government? Street cop?" Of all the things he'd wanted to hold onto from his home, roles and branches of government had not been high up on the list. And being young as he was, he'd hardly been interested in political matters anyway.

Peter raised an eyebrow when Tony tried to suggest some restrictions. "Do you think they can actually do anything to me?" It could easily come off as arrogance, but it was intended as a genuine question. He'd survived fights with dozens of various types of enhanceds, so he wasn't seeing an ordinary human as a bigger threat than them. But when it came down to it, Tony was the only one of them that knew anything for sure of how this planet worked any more.

"Getting cleared for what, anyway?" It didn't sound like Tony expected any other Terrans to react too favourably to him, all things considered. Peter wasn't too worried about that, really. Should it come to real trouble, the other Guardians would come to him, just like he'd go to them in a heartbeat. Although from what he'd already said, it sounded like Terra had a thing for bureaucrats and red tape. Awesome way to make even interesting things boring.

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Oct 7 2017, 11:24 PM

danger zone
That was a solid questions. What exactly could Tony get Peter cleared for? A human returning from a distant Galaxy after nearly thirty years wasn’t something that came in the Avenger cliff notes. Even as a genius, this wasn’t something he had an easy answer for. The routine idea would be to lie—to forge a story about Quill disappearing and remerging, but that wouldn’t last. Especially if the spaceman decided to split after getting his pizza and soda. There was also the idea of hiding him, and discreetly sending Peter back into space when nobody was paying attention.

Then there was the idea of simply telling the truth. Probably the one thing that could cause the most damage, but at least Tony would have been upfront about it. Lying and keeping secrets hadn’t exactly been his strongest trait anyway. All the Avenger managed to offer was a shrug as Peter inquired about what he was clearing him for.

”Haven’t thought that far ahead—suppose we could start with seeing if you actually ever existed in the first place,” Tony tossed Peter a casual shrug as he dug a hand into his pocket. ”I mean, obviously you exist. I mean legally. Documents and stuff. Birth certificate.” Dark hues were already focused on a specialized phone he’d drawn from his pocket. It was superior to any smartphone available on the market—and he was using it to order a pizza. ”Friday, sweetheart. You caught that? Double pepperoni and a Coke. Make it a double--“ in the midst of the conversation, a hologram of a local pizza restaurants website took up the space above the screen.

”Placing the order now, boss. Anything else?” a female voice inquired from the phone, and Tony offered a shrug.

”Can you see if they still have those greasy, cheesy things that—“ for a brief second his entire focus gravitated towards the topic, but Tony cut himself off. ”Never mind. That’ll do. Have them send Happy the invoice or whatever,” with a click, the phones holographic interface vanished, and Tony turned his focus back to Peter. ”Isn’t she great? Designed her myself. Anyways—right, spaceman.” He took a step forward, hands digging back into his pockets. ”Look, I get it. You feel invincible. You’re a space hotshot. Above all of us—Terrans, as you put it,right?” Tony attempted to level with Peter—despite him representing everything that he didn’t know about the universe.

”We’re still a place you don’t want to get on the bad side of. Think of the Secretary of Defense as a very bratty, very spoiled Government representative that is in charge of protecting the country. You're basically Han Solo, Peter. That's not suppose to exist. You catch my drift? The invasion was one thing--but you? Being a thing? That'll take a lot for them to swallow.” Tony tossed it at Peter as he’d guide him into the next room—slipping behind a minibar that had a bottle of scotch, and several clean glasses. ”They don’t happen to have scotch in space, do they?” with a raised brow, the genius began loosening the cap on the large, gold bottle. ”Considering the fact I’m housing a man from space, don’t mind me if I just—you know,” Tony didn’t finish the sentence; the first glass was already filled and at his lips before he could finish.

He forced a refreshing sigh, before preparing a second glass. ”Where’d you grow up? Do you remember any details?”

Peter Quill | ty ek

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Oct 8 2017, 04:18 PM
"Well, I was here for eight years, so there's bound to be something," Peter said with a little shrug. "I don't know what they all were, but Mom got a bunch of papers together when she started getting sick. Making sure my grandparents would get custody after she was gone, probably other stuff too. Never asked." He'd stubbornly insisted that his mother was going to survive right until the end, and then Yondu had taken him and it hadn't mattered.

He was interested in the phone, recognising the hologram as similar to what he'd used himself sometimes. "Terra's not that bad if you guys have gotten around to holograms already. Rocket said it'd be another twenty years but he's an asshole. Why'd you call her 'she'?" While he tended to refer to the Milano that way himself, he'd never heard of a phone being spoken to like Tony had just done.

"Terrans, humans, whatever you wanna call em. But hey, I'm half Terran the same as you guys, so not really all the way above you." Which was horrendously cocky of him, but anyone who knew Peter Quill expected him to be cocky. "So if he's such an asshole why not get rid of him? But believe me, I appreciate the comparison to Han Solo, Star Wars was actually really cool. Why not just pass me off as someone that stayed on the planet the whole time? It's not like you guys can keep track of everyone, there's billions of people around." And it wasn't like anyone was going to recognise him.

Scotch? What the hell was Scotch? "Probably not by that name, but if it's out there, I've had it." Unless whatever planet's alcohol was dangerous to its non-native life forms, Peter had rarely shied away from having a shot of anything once. To some very memorable nights and some he couldn't remember at all. "You guys don't run intergalactic bed and breakfasts? Running kinda behind the times," he joked. "Pass some over, if you don't mind." He was curious now, and of course if there was no danger to a full-blooded Terran, he had no concern for himself.

"It was called St Charles, Missouri in '88, who knows what you guys call it now. Dad left before I was born and never came back so Mom and me lived with her parents. I don't know if anyone's still there, though, the Ravagers kidnapped me a few minutes after my mom died and that was the last time I was on Terra until now. They weren't so bad, though, once Yondu convinced them they couldn't eat me. Of course he only wanted to keep me around because I was small and could help 'em steal stuff. But hey, it beat getting eaten for an eight-year-old.

"After Yondu took a shine to me it was pretty awesome, really. Turned out he was the closest thing I ever got to a dad. Looked around for mine, but there weren't many guys that had ever heard of Terra, much less been there. He raised me to be his second but I broke off and did solo runs under the crew's name. Went a little south after I stole the Orb out from under them, but we made peace over it after we got rid of Thanos. Hell, he showed up with the whole fleet to help us save Xandar. It was good to see him again, really."

Tony Stark

Iron Man
Avenger
47 years old
122 posts
Oct 21 2017, 05:50 PM

danger zone
Information dumps usually weren’t a problem for Tony—he was often the one loading information onto strangers and rotation students. He often went over people’s heads intentionally to impress them, and on occasion, test them. Peter Quill was offering the closest thing to an information dump that Tony had ever been on the receiving end of. The information consisted of a brief history of Peter’s life on Earth before he was taken into space. Most of the history went over his head, but the genius made an attempt at absorbing as much of the information as he could. From the sound of it, Peter had quite the life in space. If he hadn’t been on Earth since 88’, he’d missed a lot. It was also obvious he didn’t have the best experience with Government; if only they were that easy to replace.

”I’m going to make an attempt at making any form of sense out of what you just told me—and coming from me, that’s a hell of a statement,” luckily they weren’t in public. It wasn’t often that he struggled with pieces of information; but this was knowledge from space. Things that Thor didn’t even know. Tony had been so afraid of the unknown that he’d never opened himself up this much. ”So this cat named Yondu—he took you from our blue and green happily ever after planet, and you became a space pirate?’ it was starting to sound more and more like science fiction fantasy. ”Got rid of Thanos? What kind of name is that?” it was a clear tint of mockery, but Tony quickly moved on. ”Sounds like you’ve seen some stuff, Quill. Do me a favor and don’t share that with any breathing thing on this planet.”

It was a stern piece of advice, but it was meant to protect Peter. Something told him that wasn’t something Peter would exactly appreciate. Regardless, Tony finished pouring Peter a glass of scotch and handed it forward. There was a chance he’d tried it somewhere in the endless confines of space. There was in fact, a lot that he’d like to ask Quill given the time. There were a lot of unknowns in the universe that he wanted to be prepared for. Even if the technology wasn’t up to speed, Tony had a way of advancing his own private timeline. ”Hologram? That’s more of a me—and a higher level management thing. Civilians don’t use this,” it was a brief dampening of Peter’s observation, before Tony brought his own glass up to his lips.

The political topic wasn’t going to be an easy answer. Tony decided to keep it quick. ”Trust me, there’s a lot of assholes in politics I’d love to kick out. You should look up the president when you get a chance, real piece of work,” it came with a shrug before Tony tossed the beverage back. It took a single swig, and the burn felt good. It made Tony pause, among other things. ”Sounds like there is documentation, but it’s unlikely you have any family left here. I hope you understand that, Peter.” It was a somber piece of information that Peter probably already expected. ”I’ll take your word for it. Not a fan of tracking down thirty year documents.” With that, Tony set the glass down next to him; waiting for Peter to react to the scotch.

”Anything like they have in space?”

Peter Quill | ty ek

Peter Quill

years old
0 posts
Oct 29 2017, 08:41 PM
Peter blinked at the insinuation that what he'd said had been a lot to handle. It was a far tamer story than some people had, all things considered. Although, to a Terran.. yeah, might seem kind of weird. He didn't find anything in his life particularly strange, except maybe the transition from Terra to space. But, well, it was probably a good thing that stood out as a weird experience to him. After all, if that hadn't seemed out of the ordinary, what would? With time had come a different view on things, however, because as a kid, Peter had found the whole thing more terrifying than making a cool story.

"I guess 'pirate' is the closest thing. We didn't do the whole parrot and cutlass thing like you guys, though. Some of it was taking other ships, a lot of it was underhanded dirty work. The Ravagers have a code but not everybody sticks to it all the time. Kidnapping me broke half the rules in the book. And believe me, just because they're my family doesn't mean they're saints." Peter had heard many stories of violent criminal activities from the start, and he certainly wasn't going to hold Yondu above the rest just because the other was his father, no matter how attached he was to him.

He smiled a little at Tony's warning advice. "Because anybody else would believe me rather than writing me off as a nutjob?" That seemed like the far more likely scenario, as far as he was concerned. Really, who would believe a story like that if they weren't familiar with aliens already? Although he'd never exactly planned to share his autobiography with anyone who would listen, he could hardly admit that now and make it seem like he was listening to some common sense.

The glass was taken with eager curiosity. He drank it as he'd seen the other man drink, slightly surprised at the taste of it. Of course, the news that Tony had advanced tech not available to civilians interested him, and he raised an eyebrow slightly. "Damn trash panda was right," he muttered under his breath, setting the glass down. Well, he owed him two hundred and fifty credits now... assuming they ever ran into each other again. Sometimes Peter wasn't entirely sure if the Guardians would band together again, despite his faith that they'd go to each other's aid if called.

At the mention of the president, Peter raised an eyebrow, but decided that he really didn't want to ask. Terran politics had always been divisive and confusing, from what he remembered as a kid, though he wouldn't hold that as a hundred percent accurate. Still, he didn't really think he'd be here a long time, at least, not long enough that such things would make a heavy impact on his life. It wasn't like he would be able to vote anyway, at least, not without a lot of hassle. And any sort of legal matters or responsibility was honestly the last thing on his mind.

"Yeah, I mean, it's been a long time. Even if there's anyone left, they wouldn't know me, I wouldn't know them. When I was a kid, sometimes, I hoped Yondu would let me go back if we ever came around Terra again, but we never did." Peter shrugged, briefly and uncharacteristically sober. "There's no point in going back home if home's all full of strangers. I got other family now, like Yondu, the Guardians. Don't know where I'd even start looking for another Quill, but I know they wouldn't give a shit about me. I'd like to find where they buried Mom, maybe my granddad too, but other than that..." Other than that, he hadn't much known or cared about any of his relatives, at least not the last time he'd seen them.

He nodded at the question. "The Skalarians have something with the same kind of aftertaste, but trust me, you would not want to drink that. Too much and you'll build up some kind of acid in your body, and after that, it just gets nasty." Few species besides the Skalarians themselves had bodily systems that could hold up to the drink. Peter had done it to check it off his list, and after that, had decided that it was in his best interests not to touch the stuff.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

Resources and Affiliates
RPG-DDistant Fantasies RP Lovers Smooth Sailing ListingsRuby Wings ListingsRPGfixRPG Initiative

The Peacekeepers AgeSNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up)

skinned by